The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

And Clarence Thomas is an unethical disgrace.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2023, 08:52:38 PM
Quote from: whitey on April 10, 2023, 05:17:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2023, 03:57:37 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 07, 2023, 05:23:04 PM
Impeach corrupt Clarence!

But...but... Hunter Biden!

So you have no issues with the degenerate, alcoholic,  drug addicted son of the President of the United States, getting "paid" millions of dollars for a "job" that he has no qualifications or experience in?

And before you ask about the Kushners and Saudi Arabia, I am already on record saying that they had (and have) no business doing what they did and it should be fully investigated

We've been over this a million times before.

I don't  give a f**k about Hunter Biden because he is merely doing what they all do i.e. trading on access and connections to enrich themselves at the trough of government and power. Ask me to vote on strict limits on the sale of access and on lobbying and you'll have my full support. Until then, spare me the crocodile tears. Whether he is a degenerate addict or not is of zero relevance.

And as I've also said before, investigate away. I'm not going to whine and cry conspiracy about investigations unlike certain individuals here.

Thanks for answering

Says a lot about you

J70

burdizzo

Well, J70, it seems like you're saying 'draining the swamp' wasn't such a bad idea, after all.

Jell 0 Biafra

Draining the swamp is a fantastic idea.

Someone should try it.

J70

Quote from: burdizzo on April 10, 2023, 09:36:10 PM
Well, J70, it seems like you're saying 'draining the swamp' wasn't such a bad idea, after all.

If that was what Trump had meant, absolutely it was a good idea.

Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Demonstrated not least by he, his family, and his friends like Bannon using the administration and campaigns as a money making scheme to screw the taxpayer and his followers out of cash.

burdizzo

Yeah, certainly, Trump wasn't the perfect one to do it - but I still get the feeling they're out to get him because they couldn't control him.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2023, 09:24:40 PM
Do elaborate. ::)

It's a false equivalence of epic proportions

Yes both sides do it, but anyone else that Ive read about (D or R) has some general business competence or expertise in the specific field of doing what they're getting paid to do

He's the only one I have  read about who's essentially bankrupt

He's the only one I have read about who has a serious drug and alcohol addiction

Someone who's judgment is that impaired (FFS he got a stripper pregnant after having an affair with his dead brothers widow) would be liable to do anything to get money and would be a serious national security threat

J70

And just what of a national security nature is someone like Hunter Biden privy to?

Is there evidence out there (or even serious suggestions) that the interests of the US government or its representatives or the security of civilians has been compromised by Hunter Biden?

Is Joe Biden supposed to be a man who discusses classified information and policy over dinner with his desperate son?

And if f**king around with strippers or prostitutes or even acquaintances you're not supposed to is disqualifying when it comes to an assumption of good judgement and responsibility, half the politicians, judges, lobbyists and government contractors in DC and many other capitals are compromised.

J70

Quote from: burdizzo on April 10, 2023, 10:27:13 PM
Yeah, certainly, Trump wasn't the perfect one to do it - but I still get the feeling they're out to get him because they couldn't control him.

How so?

Gmac

chuck Shumer warned him

Eamonnca1

Well done, lads. You allowed them to change the subject of this thread to Hunter Biden. Their deflection is effective because youse keep falling for it.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 10, 2023, 10:47:08 PM
chuck Shumer warned him

About what?

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 10, 2023, 10:50:30 PM
Well done, lads. You allowed them to change the subject of this thread to Hunter Biden. Their deflection is effective because youse keep falling for it.

But no one is denying Hunter Biden is a piece of shit who warrants legitimate investigation, even if as usual it will most likely turn out to be all smoke.

On the other hand, some of these lads deny that there is anything about Trump or January 6 or the attempted theft of the election that should be subject to investigation.

And they'll probably start howling if any look is taken at Justice Thomas.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2023, 10:51:18 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 10, 2023, 10:47:08 PM
chuck Shumer warned him

About what?
messing with intelligence agencies , no name government officials etc , the top general in the army was going to warn china about Trump , that was before he was more interested in drag queens on army bases