The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 10, 2022, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 10, 2022, 04:21:45 PM
They DID suppress it for a day before the reversed course.

Did the fact that the WSJ and Fox News refused to break the story due to their doubts or that Giuliani acknowledged that there was a 50/50 chance he was being played by the Russians or the NY Post byline writers disowning it not help the Democrats too?

Or the fact that this was all a continuation of Trump's attempted blackmailing of Zelensky?

None of this happened in a vacuum. The massive skepticism of the story was absolutely earned. That it ultimately turned out to NOT be a crock of shit THIS time was their misfortune.

As for Hunter Biden and Kushner, your point is irrelevant. Its still all connected people using their, in this case, international political connections to line their own pockets. Hunter could have been lying on the street, of course, but there is no way in hell Jared Kushner gets that astronomical contract with the Saudis for an initial start up in a business in which he had zero experience without the potential influence he was able to sell. Parse the different examples all you want - its all still corruption.

I agree on the moratorium, but we both know there is absolutely zero chance of that every happening.

Post me a link explaining explaining how they suppressed it for a day and then reversed course.

In addition to suppressing the "story" my understanding is that they suppressed conservatives who were promoting the story and that was for much longer than a day.

Fox News had wall to wall coverage about theHunter  Biden laptop for weeks.....so again you're pushing a completely false narrative to provide cover for the rest of the media who suppressed the story for political purposes

Do your own research. I read in a number of places that Dorsey lifted the ban on the NY Post story after a day due to the backlash. If you REALLY are honestly interested and can't find it, I'll look later in the week when I have more time. I think Charlie Sykes commented several times on it in his pieces.

As for the bit in bold, I give up. You're plainly trolling or lying at this stage. I never denied Fox hyped it up. I said they refused to break it when Giuliani was shopping it around, as did the WSJ and the likes of the NY Times. Only the NY Post bit, and even then they had trouble finding someone on their staff willing to put their name on it, ending up with one of the selected byline writers disowning. And the point, ONCE AGAIN, of this now pointless exchange is that the story was SO QUESTIONABLE at the start, including when Twitter took their action, that even the WSJ and Fox News wouldn't break it.

But whatever, believe what you want.

whitey

So you CANT prove your claim that it was SUPRESSED FOR A DAY.

Fair enough-we all make mistakes

I was in the road all of last week-I listened to Smerconish, Julie Mason, Dan Abrams and Laura Coates every single day. They're usually on the ball when it comes to giving both sides, and at least when I was listening not one of them mentioned it was suppressed for a day

https://nypost.com/2022/11/30/twitters-ex-safety-chief-admits-censoring-posts-hunter-biden-scoop-was-a-mistake/amp/

At the time, Twitter had also locked The Post out of its account for more than two weeks because of baseless claims that the expose on the trove of emails discovered on Hunter's laptop had used hacked information.

J70

Here you go. Too much effort for you to do a quick Google search yourself I guess.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/16/twitter-backtracks-allows-sharing-of-new-york-post-biden-story.html

J70

Quote from: Gmac on December 10, 2022, 04:31:20 PM
There's was way more censorship going on at twitter than just the laptop story and all favoring one side of the argument, wonder what's happening with google and other search engines. Facebook have already admitted they censor at the behest of the FBI . So much more to come out .

Don't worry, Elon is out today announcing his pronouns are "Prosecute/Fauci."

Twitter should be even more of a cesspit now with all the racist, conspiracy minded bigots allowed to post and spread their filth unfettered.

Such a pithy quote too.

Gets a shot in at LGBTQ people and appeals to the Covid conspiracy theorists all in the space of a few words.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2022, 01:45:24 AM
Here you go. Too much effort for you to do a quick Google search yourself I guess.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/16/twitter-backtracks-allows-sharing-of-new-york-post-biden-story.html

Lol-that was only ONE of the things they did to suppress the story, so you are correct after a couple of days they reversed that one element of their suppression

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2022, 03:23:25 AM

Lol-that was only ONE of the things they did to suppress the story, so you are correct after a couple of days they reversed that one element of their suppression

LOL my arse. If it was so insignificant why did you make such a big deal about my supposedly not being able to "prove" it instead of just taking the time to look it up yourself?

The story came out on the 14th. Including the time it took Twitter to debate about it and ban it's being shared, then reverse course, it was back being spread far and wide on their platform by the 16th.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2022, 10:38:31 AM
Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2022, 03:23:25 AM

LOL my arse. If it was so insignificant why did you make such a big deal about my supposedly not being able to "prove" it instead of just taking the time to look it up yourself?

The story came out on the 14th. Including the time it took Twitter to debate about it and ban it's being shared, then reverse course, it was back being spread far and wide on their platform by the 16th.

Because once again you're not proving anything like you claim you're proving

You're taking a laughably narrow definition of how the story was "suppressed"

That was just ONE element of the suppression that occurred

The others lasted longer than 1 or 2 days

But believe whatever you want p

https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/dorsey-says-blocking-posts-hunter-biden-story-was-total-mistake/

Twitter also locked The Post out of its account for more than two weeks over baseless charges that the exposé used hacked information — a decision Dorsey chalked up to a "process error."

J70

Unlike you, I don't try to put words in people's mouths.
What am I supposedly claiming to prove now?
Last week you went off on a dishonest tangent about how I was supposedly trying to convince everyone that Fox News didn't cover the story. What am I supposed to be selling this week?
I don't really care that the NY Post and Twitter were in a stand-off for two weeks over the tweets. If you want to detail the rights and wrongs of that dispute, based on what was known at the time, knock yourself out.
The only point I was making is that the "suppression", i.e. sharing, of the story (via Twitter) lasted about a day and was completely defensible at the time.

whitey

You've completely lost the plot

NY Post had the hard drive and had started publishing the content and immediately they were shut down- FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! (In the run up to the election I may add)

But because Twitter unfroze ONE, let me repeat ONE of the bombshells, after two days, in your view Twitters suppression of the story lasted one or two days.

Here's what you said

"We're talking about whether Twitter was justified in hesitating (for one day) to allow the spread of a story the WSJ and even Fox News wouldn't break."

For one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one dayFor one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one day
For one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one day
For one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one day for one day

J70

That's hilarious.

How many stories and revelations were shut down or prevented from being shared on Twitter because the official NY Post account was frozen?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2022, 01:27:58 PM
That's hilarious.

How many stories and revelations were shut down or prevented from being shared on Twitter because the official NY Post account was frozen?

How long is a Piece of rope

Everything single thing on the hard drive was prevented from being shared on Twitter because their account was frozen

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2022, 01:37:12 PM
That's hilarious.

Everything single thing on the hard drive was prevented from being shared on Twitter because their account was frozen

So no one could share links to the NY Post website via Twitter?

No one could tweet or share links to secondary reporting?

No one could tweet or share links to opinion pieces providing details?

No one could go on Twitter and just rant themselves about the revelations from the Post?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2022, 02:08:55 PM
That's hilarious.

No one could go on Twitter and just rant themselves about the revelations from the Post?

NY Post had started publishing the content of the laptop and they were stopped dead in their tracks for two whole weeks. (After their initial bombshell reports)

THAT IS SUPPRESSION

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2022, 02:35:52 PM
That's hilarious.

NY Post had started publishing the content of the laptop and they were stopped dead in their tracks for two whole weeks. (After their initial bombshell reports)

THAT IS SUPPRESSION

So they put nothing out in the print paper or on their website?

Because their Twitter account was frozen?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2022, 02:38:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2022, 02:35:52 PM
That's hilarious.

THAT IS SUPPRESSION

So they put nothing out in the print paper or on their website?

Because their Twitter account was frozen?

We're talking about how TWITTER suppressed the story on their platform.

And now you're deflecting by talking about print newspaper and regular old Websites