The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2022, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 11, 2022, 04:29:17 AM
Quote from: fearbrags on November 11, 2022, 03:57:35 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 10, 2022, 10:32:09 PM
The TDS on the thread is getting worse , the current president is non compos mentis and there's not a word about it from 99% of posters .

Only reason Biden is there is Trump. If Trump runs again Bidden will  run &  beat him again . If it is Biden verse DeSantis  , DeSantis will win easily . I would go as far as to say  Any Republican  bar Trump would beat Biden .

unless trump runs as independent

I have no doubt he'll do that if he doesn't get the nomination

They only have themselves to blame

They could have put a stake through his head after Jan 6th but didn't

The chickens are coming home to roost

Trump is so childish and immature that he will only run if he thinks he's guaranteed to win. He's got no chance as an independent so he is now extremely unlikely to run.

J70

The TDS on the thread is getting worse , the current president is non compos mentis and there's not a word about it from 99% of posters .

Poor Gmac.

Whatever Biden is or isn't, what he absolutely isn't is a threat to democracy.

And that will do nicely for now.

As for Trump, his predicament and failure is THE story of this election. So discussion of it is hardly a sign of TDS.

FFS you yourself have said on this thread its time for the GOP to move on. But unfortunately for you, the orange toddler is not going to make that easy. And that is also a major part of the current political discussion in the US.

J70

Only reason Biden is there is Trump. If Trump runs again Bidden will  run &  beat him again . If it is Biden verse DeSantis  , DeSantis will win easily . I would go as far as to say  Any Republican  bar Trump would beat Biden .

Yes, and the GOP knows this.

Unfortunately for them, Trump's ego and the GOP base, a large section of whom are loyal to Trump, not the party, will make it extremely difficult and damaging for the party to move on.

J70

Quote from: lenny on November 11, 2022, 11:43:33 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2022, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 11, 2022, 04:29:17 AM

unless trump runs as independent

I have no doubt he'll do that if he doesn't get the nomination

They only have themselves to blame

They could have put a stake through his head after Jan 6th but didn't

The chickens are coming home to roost

Trump is so childish and immature that he will only run if he thinks he's guaranteed to win. He's got no chance as an independent so he is now extremely unlikely to run.

As of now, Tuesday night's announcement is still on.

He wants to get in the ring to intimidate others from doing so.

And he also hopes that a declared candidacy might head off the Justice Dept.

seafoid

It's still 48 to 49 for the Senate with Georgia in runoff.
The GOP have lost 3 elections in a row

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on November 11, 2022, 07:27:03 AM

He's pone to the odd gaffe but generally he's doing a brilliant job. He's a proper politician and it's great to see a mature adult in the white house after 4 years of madness and corruption. The midterm results were the best for a president in a long time and a nice endorsement of the great job Biden is doing.
100%

dec

Another Republican governor, Glenn Youngkin of Virginia, failed to suck up to Trump enough.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109325150085362681

"Young Kin (now that's an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn't it?) in Virginia couldn't have won without me...."

J70

Quote from: dec on November 11, 2022, 02:32:23 PM
Another Republican governor, Glenn Youngkin of Virginia, failed to suck up to Trump enough.

"Young Kin (now that's an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn't it?) in Virginia couldn't have won without me...."

So we get the histrionics, the bitterness, the self-pity AND the appeals to bigotry and xenophobia, all in one little sentence.

This is just one of his posts in his current tantrum (and Gmac thinks it's all TDS  ;D).

Are there people out there who REALLY want this nonsense back in our daily lives?

whitey

The future of the Republican Party should be people like Baker, Younkin, Sinunu, Hogan and to a lesser extent DeSantis

Fiscally conservative, socially moderate, common sense on crime and immigration

But there are so many idiots in the base of the party the chances of these guys taking over are slim to none

Lindsey Graham-who's doesn't have kids and isn't even married thinks it's a great idea to bring in a national abortion ban

Mike Lee wants to get rid of Social Security

Rick Scott wants to get rid of Medicare

They deserve to get wiped out

J70

Scott is a weird one if what you say is true.

He is the junior Senator from Florida!

And he was head of a for-profit hospital corporation that received multiple felony convictions for defrauding Medicare, Medicaid and so on.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2022, 02:39:56 PM

So we get the histrionics, the bitterness, the self-pity AND the appeals to bigotry and xenophobia, all in one little sentence.

This is just one of his posts in his current tantrum (and Gmac thinks it's all TDS  ;D).

Are there people out there who REALLY want this nonsense back in our daily lives?
are you on truth social j70 ✊lol

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 11, 2022, 06:14:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2022, 02:39:56 PM

are you on truth social j70 ✊lol

I signed up day 1. Is that a sign of TDS? ;)

Nah, I've read about some of his rage postings on The Bulwark and the like.

seafoid

Kelly won Arizona so it's 49-49 for the Senate.
It looks like Nevada is going the same way.

Wildweasel74

Now that she won, will she still rant its fixed, doesn't take much to be a politician in America, in a way abit like Northern Ireland.

Main Street

Quote from: whitey on November 11, 2022, 03:10:25 PM
The future of the Republican Party should be people like ......
As it stands now, the Republican party is the nationalistic fascist QAnon, infected with a myriad of  conspiracy theories and fanatic religious beliefs,  a party who has as its aim  to drag the USA back into their dogmatic interpretation of what some legislators penned in the 18C.
You think they have a future?