The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 01, 2022, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 01, 2022, 09:52:51 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 31, 2022, 07:02:19 PM
The latest in violent right wing conservative nutjobbery: A deranged conservative terrorist broke into the home of Nancy Pelosi asking "where's Nancy?" and attacked her husband, Paul Pelosi, with a hammer. Mr Pelosi was left with a fractured skull.

Don Junior's response?

Tweets a picture of a hammer and underwear with the caption "Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready."

"The internet remains undefeated... Also if you switch out the hammer for a red feather boa you could be Hunter Biden in an instant."

The billionaire twerp Elon Musk decided to tweet that there might be "more to this story than meets the eye" after reading unfounded BS in the right wing BSosphere about the assailant dressed in underwear only, ergo it must have been Mr Pelosi's gay lover.

These people are unhinged and it's only going to get worse. Democratic politicians are going to have to ensure they have good security.

Class acts, the lot of them.
a nudist pot smoking hippie who lives in a Berkeley half way house is a right wing nut job ?

Where does the QAnon/ "where's Nancy" Jan 6 stuff and his stated plans to kneecap her for "Democratic lies" fit in your analysis?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 01, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
The latest in violent right wing conservative nutjobbery: A deranged conservative terrorist broke into the home of Nancy Pelosi asking "where's Nancy?" and attacked her husband, Paul Pelosi, with a hammer. Mr Pelosi was left with a fractured skull.

Don Junior's response?

Tweets a picture of a hammer and underwear with the caption "Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready."

"The internet remains undefeated... Also if you switch out the hammer for a red feather boa you could be Hunter Biden in an instant."

The billionaire twerp Elon Musk decided to tweet that there might be "more to this story than meets the eye" after reading unfounded BS in the right wing BSosphere about the assailant dressed in underwear only, ergo it must have been Mr Pelosi's gay lover.

These people are unhinged and it's only going to get worse. Democratic politicians are going to have to ensure they have good security.

a nudist pot smoking hippie who lives in a Berkeley half way house is a right wing nut job ?

Where does the QAnon/ "where's Nancy" Jan 6 stuff and his stated plans to kneecap her for "Democratic lies" fit in your analysis?

J70

I don't deny that decisive rhetoric is driving people to commit violent actions

But I won't sit back and listen to a lecture from you that this is a one way street and that it's only republicans who are responsible for this divisiveness

The Democrats rhetoric has driven their supporters to extreme actions-Zelden got attacked on stage with a knife. I think a Desantis supporter had his skull fractured over the weekend. A teenager got
Murdered by a Democrat out west somewhere in a political spat

So fire all the rocks you want at Republicans but get down off your high horse when a few get fired back at you

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 01, 2022, 03:25:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 01, 2022, 03:12:38 PM

Don Junior's response?

J70

I don't deny that decisive rhetoric is driving people to commit violent actions

But I won't sit back and listen to a lecture from you that this is a one way street and that it's only republicans who are responsible for this divisiveness

The Democrats rhetoric has driven their supporters to extreme actions-Zelden got attacked on stage with a knife. I think a Desantis supporter had his skull fractured over the weekend. A teenager got
Murdered by a Democrat out west somewhere in a political spat

So fire all the rocks you want at Republicans but get down off your high horse when a few get fired back at you

What Democratic rhetoric are you talking about?

There are always going to be headcases on either side who take things in a violent or murderous direction.

You used to have anti-abortion zealots who would threaten or even murder clinic staff and doctors. They of course belonged in prison or worse for their actions, but at least their motivation and zealotry was coming from something based in truth, whether you agreed with their opinion on the extreme immorality of abortion or not.

Ecowarriors 20 years ago used to burn down housing developments in wild areas. Again, they belonged in prison, but at least their positions were based on something factual, even if their solution was extremist.

But the GOP is today peddling patently false nonsense about elections (among other things), riling up its supporters and threatening the very operation of American democracy, and has become a party and movement that is little more than a personality cult.

THAT is where the difference lies.

Its not my problem if you can't accept it.

whitey

LOL

Do you ever take a step back and actually listen to what you're saying

"Peddling patently false nonsense about elections"-ever hear of the Russian Collusion hoax?

Ever hear about a campaign that was wiretapped using fraudulent warrants?

I have to give it to you for neck

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteDo you ever take a step back and actually listen to what you're saying

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 01, 2022, 04:52:43 PM
LOL

Do you ever take a step back and actually listen to what you're saying

"Peddling patently false nonsense about elections"-ever hear of the Russian Collusion hoax?

Ever hear about a campaign that was wiretapped using fraudulent warrants?

I have to give it to you for neck

So you've changed from the Russia hoax to the Russia Collusion Hoax??

1.   The government, including the Republican-led Senate, confirmed that the Russians had interfered. The only question was whether Trump and/or his campaign had actually colluded with them. It was absolutely in the public interest that this was something that needed to be investigated. There is simply no equivalence between this and the bullshit, baseless, Trump-ego-serving election fraud lies.

2.   If the Russia Collusion Hoax was such a hoax, why did Trump obstruct and use the promise of pardons to impede the investigation? Why were Fox News going nuts for months warning him about a "perjury trap" were he to testify? Why was Roger Stone, part of his campaign, working with them and Wikileaks to get the emails? Why was Donnie Jr meeting with the Russians in Trump Tower in the hopes of getting dirt? Why has Trump bent over backwards to cravenly deny every legitimate  allegation brought up against Putin? What about Manafort, another one of his campaign managers?

3.   How is the Durham investigation going? You were very excited about it for a while there.

whitey

There's a montage of about 20 different high profile Democrats saying trump was an illegitimate president

I'll post it up for you when I find it

The original election denier were the Democrats so get off your high horse

The Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans when it comes to this stuff

Edit-this clip includes Democrats also questioning the 2000 election

https://gop.com/video/hypocrites-3-minutes-of-democrats-calling-elections-stolen-illegitimate-and-not-fair/

blasmere

Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2022, 10:38:22 AM
There's a montage of about 20 different high profile Democrats saying trump was an illegitimate president

Genuine question for someone not US based - what have the Democrats done that is as bad as the Capitol Hill coup?
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Wildweasel74

I don't know why some posters even bother messaging on a gaa board, there some posters here ont even comment on any other topic, which makes me wonder how they ended up on here in the first place. Trump lies remind me of the Dup up here, pedal lies and the gullible believe it, no matter the lack of proof. Still can't understand why he not been charged for inciting a riot leading to the death of people,

J70

Yet Hillary conceded the election the morning after. Al Gore did so very quickly when he came out the wrong side of an ultra partisan Supreme Court decision in 2000. John Kerry conceded immediately in 2004 despite some cries about fraud in Ohio.

Has Trump conceded yet? Has the Texas GOP removed their statement that Biden was not legitimately elected from the party platform yet? Have the literal hundreds of GOP candidates running this year on election and Biden denialism repudiated their positions in the last few days? Have the majority of House GOP representatives who voted not to recognize the election on the very evening of January 6th 2020 changed their positions?

Your standard attempts at false equivalency don't work this time either.

And sure you're not a Republican anyway whitey, so why are you so desperate to deflect from the authoritarian, anti-democracy rabble they've descended into?

whitey

Quote from: blasmere on November 02, 2022, 10:52:33 AM

Genuine question for someone not US based - what have the Democrats done that is as bad as the Capitol Hill coup?

Nothing-nothing comes close. And the Capitol police should have started shooting them from the get go

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 11:00:42 AM

Yet Hillary conceded the election the morning after. Al Gore did so very quickly when he came out the wrong side of an ultra partisan Supreme Court decision in 2000. John Kerry conceded immediately in 2004 despite some cries about fraud in Ohio.

Has Trump conceded yet? Has the Texas GOP removed their statement that Biden was not legitimately elected from the party platform yet? Have the literal hundreds of GOP candidates running this year on election and Biden denialism repudiated their positions in the last few days? Have the majority of House GOP representatives who voted not to recognize the election on the very evening of January 6th 2020 changed their positions?

And sure you're not a Republican anyway whitey, so why are you so desperate to deflect from the authoritarian, anti-democracy rabble they've descended into?

Conceded the election - and then spent 4 years saying his victory and presidency was illegitimate

https://youtu.be/iO-Sw8CCxxY

Did she have her fingers crossed when she conceded?

Gmac

the civil war ?

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2022, 12:24:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2022, 11:00:42 AM

Conceded the election - and then spent 4 years saying his victory and presidency was illegitimate

https://youtu.be/iO-Sw8CCxxY

Did she have her fingers crossed when she conceded?

She was a sore loser in her statements for sure, but so what? And its not like Hillary has kept a high profile.

Regardless, she wasn't out there filing dozens of spurious lawsuits for show and publicity (and to cash in).
She wasn't engaging in an endless public barrage of propaganda, which continues to this day, alleging that she was cheated out of the election.
She wasn't making phone calls to state officials asking them to "find" enough "votes" to tip a state her way.
She wasn't de facto head of the Democratic Party and intent, successfully so, in turning the whole party and movement into a vehicle for her own personal grievances and her inability to cope with losing a democratic election.
She didn't incite a violent assault and riot on the Capitol Building on the day the 2016 election was being certified.
The Democratic Party does not use personal loyalty to her as a litmus test.
The Democratic Party does use the rejection of normal electoral processes as a litmus test.
The Democratic Party is not out there, based on Hillary's bruised ego, putting structures in place to allow them to overturn the will of the people (as expressed at the ballot box) of their own states.
The Democratic Party did not put in their policy platform that Donald Trump was an illegitimate president elected through a fraudulent process.
The Democratic Party does not have gubernatorial (and other) candidates out there stating that they will not concede any election they lose.
I could go on...

burdizzo

Black Lives Matter?

And just because the media wants to use the term 'coup' to discredit Trump, it doesn't mean it was actually an 'attempted coup'. Y'know, even if the crowd had occupied the Capitol - then what? Had they people in the army ready to back them? No, there was no strategy: it was just a heap of protesters who gained easy access to the building, probably let in pretty soft so as it could be used as a stick to beat Trump with.