The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2022, 12:30:32 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 14, 2022, 04:30:32 PM
FBI not  going after the thousands of gangsters flowing over the southern border or the anarchy going on in cities countrywide , no the my pillow guy is who they are after .

Don't worry. Bannon is rustling up a fundraising scam scheme as we speak to enable good men like yourself to send your hard-earned cash to the Trump-Bannon Slush My Pillow Guy Victim Fund.
like Joe Biden said I may be Irish but I ain't stupid

Gmac

Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2022, 09:34:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8MACDZ3RI

The left's finest
the politician interviewed there is the poster child for San Francisco a complete out of touch idiot . Thanks for posting unfortunately I see it first hand when I go to sf and the mental illness they talk about that you see on the streets is from irreversible brain damage a lot of these people have suffered from drug use , if California spent a fraction of what they do on homelessness to reopen some mental hospitals  they would help all the people of California not just funding their associates in the corrupt charities who get most of the $. One party rule when it's the democrats = sf la. Detroit Baltimore, Philadelphia, NY all hell holes and getting worse

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2022, 12:24:01 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 15, 2022, 12:08:27 AM
Not alone was Steele on the FBI payroll, but now it's emerged that his primary subsource, Danchenko was as well.

Whoever would have thought that intelligence agencies compensate their sources for their work!

You should give those FIFA lads a ring to sympathize with them. Steele was a paid informant for the FBI on those corruption investigations about ten years ago.

Whoever would have thought that intelligence agencies would compensate someone who they previously suspected of being a Russian spy-does that make them colluders?

Eamonnca1

Newsom asking the DOJ to charge the right wing extremist governors who have been trafficking people as a political stunt. A busload of them was even dropped off at the Vice President's house. Every time I think "we've surely reached the bottom now," the Rethuglicans manage to plumb the depths even deeper. Where is this going to end? Gas chambers? These fascists must be stopped.

Kudos to Newsom for stepping up and fighting back.

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 15, 2022, 09:17:36 PM
Not alone was Steele on the FBI payroll, but now it's emerged that his primary subsource, Danchenko was as well.

Whoever would have thought that intelligence agencies compensate their sources for their work!

You should give those FIFA lads a ring to sympathize with them. Steele was a paid informant for the FBI on those corruption investigations about ten years ago.

Whoever would have thought that intelligence agencies would compensate someone who they previously suspected of being a Russian spy-does that make them colluders?

Did they determine he WAS a Russian spy?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 10:42:40 AM

Doesn't matter

He was suspected of being a spy and viewed as a Natl Security threat

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 10:42:40 AM

Doesn't matter

He was suspected of being a spy and viewed as a Natl Security threat

How many people have been on the US intelligence agencies' payrolls over the years and still are who were initially viewed with suspicion?

Does it not go with the territory when you're trying to cultivate foreign intelligence (or indeed domestic) sources that you'd look suspiciously at them?

Is the whole point of the exercise not to get inside sources with access to important information?

Whether you're spying on a foreign entity, looking at the activities of your own people, or even  just a city cop trying to gather information on the local drug trade?

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 16, 2022, 05:04:05 AM
Newsom asking the DOJ to charge the right wing extremist governors who have been trafficking people as a political stunt. A busload of them was even dropped off at the Vice President's house. Every time I think "we've surely reached the bottom now," the Rethuglicans manage to plumb the depths even deeper. Where is this going to end? Gas chambers? These fascists must be stopped.

Kudos to Newsom for stepping up and fighting back.

DeSantis knows his supporters are fine with treating illegal immigrants, even asylum seekers, as sub-human pawns with no dignity, to be toyed with and callously dumped wherever to make the best performative political point. He doesn't care what normal decent people think.

Let's just hope they're not stealing their kids this time.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 15, 2022, 05:08:26 PM

The left's finest
the politician interviewed there is the poster child for San Francisco a complete out of touch idiot . Thanks for posting unfortunately I see it first hand when I go to sf and the mental illness they talk about that you see on the streets is from irreversible brain damage a lot of these people have suffered from drug use , if California spent a fraction of what they do on homelessness to reopen some mental hospitals  they would help all the people of California not just funding their associates in the corrupt charities who get most of the $. One party rule when it's the democrats = sf la. Detroit Baltimore, Philadelphia, NY all hell holes and getting worse

New York is a hell hole and getting worse??

When's the last time you were there?

I either cycle or take the subway ten miles each way from Queens to work in upper Manhattan every day. Apart from higher homeless visibility (although that has decreased since Adams got in), things don't look that much different to anytime over the past ten years. Like any big city, you have to be careful when and where you go. It was the same in my college years in Dublin. Myself and the missus were out in the East Village last weekend and had a very nice night out. You'd swear listening to the likes of yourself that we couldn't stick our head out the door.

dec

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 15, 2022, 05:08:26 PM

The left's finest

New York is a hell hole and getting worse??

When's the last time you were there?

I either cycle or take the subway ten miles each way from Queens to work in upper Manhattan every day. Apart from higher homeless visibility (although that has decreased since Adams got in), things don't look that much different to anytime over the past ten years. Like any big city, you have to be careful when and where you go. It was the same in my college years in Dublin. Myself and the missus were out in the East Village last weekend and had a very nice night out. You'd swear listening to the likes of yourself that we couldn't stick our head out the door.

My kids have been traveling to and from school on the subway alone since the start of middle school (11 years old) and have never had a single incident that worried them.

whitey

I was there for 2 days in June

Subway was frightening

People urinating, masturbating and a generally threatening and menacing atmosphere.

I saw a teenager (backed up by a gang of friends) threatening to shoot someone who was minding their own business (guy getting threatened was in front of me going down an escalator with his girlfriend at Grand Central and the other guy was coming up)

Aggressive and obnoxious panhandlers

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 03:58:09 PM

Subway was frightening

People urinating, masturbating and a generally threatening and menacing atmosphere.

I saw a teenager (backed up by a gang of friends) threatening to shoot someone who was minding their own business (guy getting threatened was in front of me going down an escalator with his girlfriend at Grand Central and the other guy was coming up)

"A generally threatening and menacing atmosphere"??

And all that in two days worth of subway journeys??

Gabriel_Hurl

oh no - how did poor whitey survive?  :'(

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 16, 2022, 04:47:34 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 16, 2022, 03:58:09 PM

Subway was frightening

"A generally threatening and menacing atmosphere"??

And all that in two days worth of subway journeys??

Yes-ever time I travelled on the subway I felt unsafe

I got off the Metro North in Grand Central and when making my way down to the Subway (Red Line 2-I think-goes to Lower Manhattan and WTC) I saw the guy getting threatened with being shot