The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearbrags

Quote from: whitey on August 28, 2022, 09:37:58 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on August 28, 2022, 09:32:29 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 28, 2022, 09:09:18 PM
LOL-She's the Secretary of State while her husbands foundation is getting millions upon millions from foreign governments and other entities

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/ethics-approval-came-easily-at-hillary-clintons-state-department-115468?_amp=true

Most people in Ireland have a very one sided version of what happened but scratch under the surface and there's a lot more to this than the bad old white Republicans hanging up on poor Hillary

Yea I actually am not disagreeing with you at all "'Clintons And ""Trumps"" quiet similar

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ivanka-trump-gets-initial-approval-from-china-for-16-trademarks.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-11/how-did-jared-kushner-get-2-billion-from-the-saudis

I actually hate both parties almost equally

I'm old school, so I lean Republican but disagree with them on many topics

Eg-I'm not dead set against student loan forgiveness like most Republicans

In that case we are not that far apart  ;)

whitey

Quote from: fearbrags on August 28, 2022, 09:41:43 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 28, 2022, 09:37:58 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on August 28, 2022, 09:32:29 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 28, 2022, 09:09:18 PM
LOL-She's the Secretary of State while her husbands foundation is getting millions upon millions from foreign governments and other entities

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/ethics-approval-came-easily-at-hillary-clintons-state-department-115468?_amp=true

Most people in Ireland have a very one sided version of what happened but scratch under the surface and there's a lot more to this than the bad old white Republicans hanging up on poor Hillary

Yea I actually am not disagreeing with you at all "'Clintons And ""Trumps"" quiet similar

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ivanka-trump-gets-initial-approval-from-china-for-16-trademarks.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-11/how-did-jared-kushner-get-2-billion-from-the-saudis

I actually hate both parties almost equally

I'm old school, so I lean Republican but disagree with them on many topics

Eg-I'm not dead set against student loan forgiveness like most Republicans

In that case we are not that far apart  ;)

80% of people could probably agree on 90% of the issues

Unfortunately the 10% on either side drive the agenda and the media pours fuel on the fire

Main Street

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 27, 2022, 06:53:19 PM
QuoteClassified Material on Human Intelligence Sources Helped Trigger Alarm

Documents related to the work of clandestine sources are some of the most sensitive and protected in the government. F.B.I. agents found some in boxes retrieved from Donald J. Trump's home.

WASHINGTON — They risk imprisonment or death stealing the secrets of their own governments. Their identities are among the most closely protected information inside American intelligence and law enforcement agencies. Losing even one of them can set back American foreign intelligence operations for years.

Clandestine human sources are the lifeblood of any espionage service. This helps explain the grave concern within American agencies that information from undercover sources was included in some of the classified documents recently removed from Mar-a-Lago, the Florida home of former President Donald J. Trump — raising the prospect that the sources could be identified if the documents got into the wrong hands.

Mr. Trump has a long history of treating classified information with a sloppiness few other presidents have exhibited. And the former president's cavalier treatment of the nation's secrets was on display in the affidavit underlying the warrant for the Mar-a-Lago search. The affidavit, released in redacted form on Friday, described classified documents being found in multiple locations around the Florida residence, a private club where both members and their guests mingle with the former president and his coterie of aides.

Full story

He should be hanged for treason over this. Bush outing Valerie Plame was bad enough. This is next level stuff.
Trump's sloppiness does not explain his motive in stealing the highly classified documents but it does explain his  (sloppy) modus operandi, i.e. keeping the documents in an exposed incriminating location and having witnesses to such who were wiling to testify, At the very least the serious questions are to what extent he is a kremlin stooge? Incredible questions to investigate considering USA past and present history re USSR /Russia  and that the target of the  present day inquiries are the ex president of the USA.
He was quite the boisterous willing stooge when taking benefit from the kremlin's capture of the contents of Clinton's computer, via another kremlin stooge Wikileaks in  their timely intervention in 2016.
It is an anomaly when in the context of  almost total cross political party unity in support of Ukraine with unimaginable levels of aid, that it is the bedraggled image of Trump who is one of the detractors, a kremlin apologist.

Gmac

Quote from: Main Street on August 30, 2022, 02:13:14 AM

Documents related to the work of clandestine sources are some of the most sensitive and protected in the government. F.B.I. agents found some in boxes retrieved from Donald J. Trump's home.

WASHINGTON — They risk imprisonment or death stealing the secrets of their own governments. Their identities are among the most closely protected information inside American intelligence and law enforcement agencies. Losing even one of them can set back American foreign intelligence operations for years.

Clandestine human sources are the lifeblood of any espionage service. This helps explain the grave concern within American agencies that information from undercover sources was included in some of the classified documents recently removed from Mar-a-Lago, the Florida home of former President Donald J. Trump — raising the prospect that the sources could be identified if the documents got into the wrong hands.

Mr. Trump has a long history of treating classified information with a sloppiness few other presidents have exhibited. And the former president's cavalier treatment of the nation's secrets was on display in the affidavit underlying the warrant for the Mar-a-Lago search. The affidavit, released in redacted form on Friday, described classified documents being found in multiple locations around the Florida residence, a private club where both members and their guests mingle with the former president and his coterie of aides.

Full story

He should be hanged for treason over this. Bush outing Valerie Plame was bad enough. This is next level stuff.
Trump's sloppiness does not explain his motive in stealing the highly classified documents but it does explain his  (sloppy) modus operandi, i.e. keeping the documents in an exposed incriminating location and having witnesses to such who were wiling to testify, At the very least the serious questions are to what extent he is a kremlin stooge? Incredible questions to investigate considering USA past and present history re USSR /Russia  and that the target of the  present day inquiries are the ex president of the USA.
He was quite the boisterous willing stooge when taking benefit from the kremlin's capture of the contents of Clinton's computer, via another kremlin stooge Wikileaks in  their timely intervention in 2016.
It is an anomaly when in the context of  almost total cross political party unity in support of Ukraine with unimaginable levels of aid, that it is the bedraggled image of Trump who is one of the detractors, a kremlin apologist.
the Rachel maddow boys are at it again

Eamonnca1

Aaaaand yet another Trump business venture heads towards bankruptcy. "Truth Social," his failed attempt to be the next Zuckerberg, is heading for bankruptcy. Someone should have told him that failing to pay your hosting fees means you get cut off. Not that many people were visiting the site anyway.

QuoteAccording to a report from the Washington Post, prospects that Donald Trump's Truth Social will survive are growing bleak with the company that had planned to take the social media platform public now suggesting that a probable bankruptcy is on the horizon.

As the report points out, Truth Social has not been paying for web-hosting fees to the point where attorneys are now involved, traffic is collapsing, the value of stock in the company is plunging and money is running out.

Full story

He really should have taken Clinton's financial advice and put his money in a mutual fund, he'd have ended up a lot richer. All this trying to play the big businessman just isn't working out. He's not very good at it.

Eamonnca1

Joe going after the gun nuts next! Get 'em, Joe!

J70

Did the mods delete Gmac's "drag queens are pedos" "offerings"?

J70

Quote from: Main Street on August 30, 2022, 02:13:14 AM

Full story

Personally, whether or not Putin has dirt on him, there's no question that Trump admires Putin, Orban, the Kims and so on for their authoritarian, strongman/dictator regimes. Its exactly what he wishes to pull off in the US, where loyalty to himself, personally, first and foremost is what matters, and we're in for a very grim time if he gets re-elected.

On these documents, I'd say, a least with some of the material, it's a case of Trump thinking he's above the law and deciding that he wanted to keep trophies of his time in office that he could show off to impress visitors and suitors. He's that narcissistic, needy and infantile. Obviously other material such as information on intelligence sources and so on will have to be explained.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on August 31, 2022, 11:35:07 AM
not what I said

whitey

I was away over the weekend and heard an interesting story

A girl who used to be in my sons class has come out as a lesbian

She is in a lesbian relationship with a biological male who is trans and identifies as a female

Doesn't bother or upset me in the least, but I wonder how the heck people are supposed to keep all this stuff straight (no pun intended) when it comes to the use of pronouns etc

lenny

Quote from: whitey on August 31, 2022, 02:16:37 PM

She is in a lesbian relationship with a biological male who is trans and identifies as a female

Doesn't bother or upset me in the least, but I wonder how the heck people are supposed to keep all this stuff straight (no pun intended) when it comes to the use of pronouns etc

Yeah, Trump is selling state secrets to the highest bidder but those pronouns and which to use is keeping me awake also.

fearbrags

Doesn’t bother or upset me in the least, but I wonder how the heck people are supposed to keep all this stuff straight (no pun intended) when it comes to the use of pronouns etc

Where do you live , ? Your son goes to the ""Jerry Springer school"" ? Personally  i dont know or never have known any trans gender person . I am sure In my chance meeting of one , the pronoun will be something we can get past quiet easily , even if i get it wrong , I dont see it as being that big of deal . I   think on the large scheme of things, it is way way down the list and it is only a few ""bigots"" that would be putting any thought into this . Now of course that is just my opinion  ;)

whitey

Quote from: fearbrags on August 31, 2022, 02:59:21 PM

Where do you live , ? Your son goes to the ""Jerry Springer school"" ? Personally  i dont know or never have known any trans gender person . I am sure In my chance meeting of one , the pronoun will be something we can get past quiet easily , even if i get it wrong , I dont see it as being that big of deal . I   think on the large scheme of things, it is way way down the list and it is only a few ""bigots"" that would be putting any thought into this . Now of course that is just my opinion  ;)

I'm in Massachusetts and my sons go to school with the kids of middle class and upper middle class white liberals for the most part

They're in high school now, but from a class of about 30 in junior High-there are 3 transgender people-1 girl is now a boy and 2 boys are now girls (all 3 are kids of teachers)

Now maybe they are genuinely transgender or non binary, but a lot of this is flat out attention seeking IMHO which just takes attention and resources away from genuinely transgender people

(Edit-do you live in the States? There are laws being proposed that would make it a crime to mis gender or dead name someone. This is actually something you have to deal with daily believe it or not. One of our neighbors sons is also transgender so you have to tread very carefully when asking about him/her))

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on August 31, 2022, 02:48:43 PM

Yeah, Trump is selling state secrets to the highest bidder but those pronouns and which to use is keeping me awake also.
what state secrets did he sell ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 31, 2022, 02:02:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 31, 2022, 11:35:07 AM
not what I said

Sure go ahead and correct it then.