The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: lenny on March 30, 2022, 11:37:35 AM
Quote from: whitey on March 30, 2022, 10:23:14 AM
Quote from: lenny on March 30, 2022, 06:54:50 AM
Quote from: Gmac on March 29, 2022, 11:06:38 PM
Would the democrats be cheering general milley if he was contacting Russia about a possible chemical weapon attack by US military in Ukraine like joe said might happen?

See Russia Today are calling for regime change in USA to help their "partner" Trump back into power. Russian media calling trump their partner is a phrase which will haunt trump going forward.

Lenny

The Democrats famous "dossier" is full of false information Fed to them by Russian intelligence so I guess one could say that the Democrats the ones who colluded with Russia to influence  the election in 2016

Secondly, Trump provided weapons to Ukraine that Obama wouldn't-Obama limited his aid to defensive weapons . If Trump hadn't given them these specific weapons they would have been rolled by the Russians in a couple of days

Thirdly-under Obama, our NATO partners were paying a fraction of what they were obliged to pay-tell me how that strengthened NATO ?

Have we hit a complete low point for US politics? Trump asked on live tv for his good friend Putin to release dirt on Biden to help Trump. That has to be treasonous.

It's disgusting

I'm just can believe an American politician would ask a foreign power to dig up dirt on an opponent

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/hillary-clinton-and-ukraine-11569881729

Hillary Clinton and Ukraine
A letter released Monday raises questions beyond the Bidens.

By James Freeman
Sept. 30, 2019 6:15 pm ET

Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at Georgetown University on Friday.
PHOTO: WIN MCNAMEE/GETTY IMAGES
The Biden clan still needs to explain why a vice president's son was enjoying a $50,000-per-month gig for which his principal qualification appears to have been his last name. But Joe Biden isn't the only pillar of the Democratic establishment who won't enjoy the new spotlight on American relations with Ukraine. And President Donald Trump isn't the only one who wants a fuller accounting of that country's role in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

In a letter released on Monday morning, Republican senators Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin ask U.S. Attorney General William Barr if he's trying to answer the lingering questions:

We write to follow up on Senator Grassley's July 20, 2017 letter, which highlighted brazen efforts by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign to use the government of Ukraine for the express purpose of finding negative information on then candidate Trump in order to undermine his campaign. That letter also highlighted news reports that, during the 2016 presidential election, "Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump" and did so by "disseminat[ing] documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggest[ing] they were investigating the matter[.]" Ukrainian officials also reportedly "helped Clinton's allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers."
The senators aren't relying on reports from conservative bloggers. The quotations come from a 2017 story in Politico, hardly a pro-Trump outfit. "Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire," read the headline on the article by Kenneth P. Vogel and David Stern. "Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton," said the subhead of the article, which was published shortly before Mr. Trump's inauguration.

The authors reported that Ukrainian government officials "helped Clinton's allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers" with the goal of "advancing the narrative that Trump's campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine's foe to the east, Russia."

With the benefit of hindsight and the results of the Mueller investigation, it's now clear that there was no evidence of Trump campaign collusion with Russia. What is not clear and what demands further investigation is how this baseless claim managed to consume the first two years of an American presidency.

Gabriel_Hurl

lenny

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 30, 2022, 02:08:02 PM
Imagine using cheat notes

He needed those cheat sheets because he hasn't trumps world beating recall eg the time he remembered person, woman, man, tv, camera. That was stunning, scientists had never seen a memory feat like it.

whitey

You won't find me defending Trump

He was explicitly told not to go there by to his advisors, but ignored him

But the faux outrage about the delay in the arms shipment by the very people who, when working for Obama, flat out refused to send the same arms to Ukraine is political theater at its finest

Gmac

hurl entering the fake news zone as a content creator ?

Gmac

Quote from: dec on March 30, 2022, 07:06:50 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 30, 2022, 03:22:18 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/22/hear-you-people-amazed-trumps-shooting/362419002/
the stuff in the other post is so obviously fake
As for trump needing notes for a interaction where empathy is involved that would not surprise me at all. Needing notes about regime change and chemical attacks are quite different.

dec

Quote from: Gmac on March 30, 2022, 08:50:03 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/22/hear-you-people-amazed-trumps-shooting/362419002/
As for trump needing notes for a interaction where empathy is involved that would not surprise me at all. Needing notes about regime change and chemical attacks are quite different.

The notes in the story I linked to match the notes in the picture that gabriel hurl posted.

lenny

Quote from: whitey on March 30, 2022, 12:57:37 PM
Would the democrats be cheering general milley if he was contacting Russia about a possible chemical weapon attack by US military in Ukraine like joe said might happen?

See Russia Today are calling for regime change in USA to help their "partner" Trump back into power. Russian media calling trump their partner is a phrase which will haunt trump going forward.

Lenny

The Democrats famous "dossier" is full of false information Fed to them by Russian intelligence so I guess one could say that the Democrats the ones who colluded with Russia to influence  the election in 2016

Secondly, Trump provided weapons to Ukraine that Obama wouldn't-Obama limited his aid to defensive weapons . If Trump hadn't given them these specific weapons they would have been rolled by the Russians in a couple of days

Thirdly-under Obama, our NATO partners were paying a fraction of what they were obliged to pay-tell me how that strengthened NATO ?

Have we hit a complete low point for US politics? Trump asked on live tv for his good friend Putin to release dirt on Biden to help Trump. That has to be treasonous.

It's disgusting

I'm just can believe an American politician would ask a foreign power to dig up dirt on an opponent

By James Freeman

Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at Georgetown University on Friday.
The Biden clan still needs to explain why a vice president's son was enjoying a $50,000-per-month gig for which his principal qualification appears to have been his last name. But Joe Biden isn't the only pillar of the Democratic establishment who won't enjoy the new spotlight on American relations with Ukraine. And President Donald Trump isn't the only one who wants a fuller accounting of that country's role in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

In a letter released on Monday morning, Republican senators Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin ask U.S. Attorney General William Barr if he's trying to answer the lingering questions:

We write to follow up on Senator Grassley's July 20, 2017 letter, which highlighted brazen efforts by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign to use the government of Ukraine for the express purpose of finding negative information on then candidate Trump in order to undermine his campaign. That letter also highlighted news reports that, during the 2016 presidential election, "Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump" and did so by "disseminat[ing] documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggest[ing] they were investigating the matter[.]" Ukrainian officials also reportedly "helped Clinton's allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers."
The senators aren't relying on reports from conservative bloggers. The quotations come from a 2017 story in Politico, hardly a pro-Trump outfit. "Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire," read the headline on the article by Kenneth P. Vogel and David Stern. "Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton," said the subhead of the article, which was published shortly before Mr. Trump's inauguration.

The authors reported that Ukrainian government officials "helped Clinton's allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers" with the goal of "advancing the narrative that Trump's campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine's foe to the east, Russia."

With the benefit of hindsight and the results of the Mueller investigation, it's now clear that there was no evidence of Trump campaign collusion with Russia. What is not clear and what demands further investigation is how this baseless claim managed to consume the first two years of an American presidency.

Very interesting. What's your views on Ivanka earning 640 million as an unqualified adviser to her father. Nothing to see there I assume.

Gmac

Quote from: dec on March 30, 2022, 09:44:55 PM

The notes in the story I linked to match the notes in the picture that gabriel hurl posted.
then there all fake

whitey

Quote from: lenny on March 30, 2022, 09:55:28 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 30, 2022, 12:57:37 PM

Lenny

It's disgusting

By James Freeman

Very interesting. What's your views on Ivanka earning 640 million as an unqualified adviser to her father. Nothing to see there I assume.

I don't think you'll find evidence of me ever sticking up for or trying to justify anything the Trumps did.

They had no business working in the White House-zero

The fact is, they were wealthy before they entered the White House and would have been making big money during that time regardless of whether they worked there or not

https://fortune.com/2021/02/03/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-income-hit-white-house/amp/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chloesorvino/2016/12/18/jared-josh-kushner-fortune-donald-trump-real-estate/?sh=1ace83462f42

dec

Quote from: Gmac on March 30, 2022, 10:45:10 PM

then there all fake

It is easier for you to label things as fake than face reality

Gmac

Quote from: dec on March 30, 2022, 11:16:46 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 30, 2022, 10:45:10 PM

then there all fake

trump has come and gone I hope I would like desantis in 2024
You boys on here have nothing without trump same as the democrats, joe is the worst president ever and the administration is a joke , a brutal world outlook on the horizon and a plethora of failed policies already 14 months into this clown show ., that's reality.

Gabriel_Hurl

that lad hasn't faced reality in a long time

this is probably photoshopped

This article is probably fake too - https://www.newstalk.com/news/pictures-trump-reveals-large-handwritten-notes-speaking-reporters-927335

And this video has been faked by C-SPAN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VspIIHuXqdw

They are all in on it

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 31, 2022, 12:43:34 AM

that lad hasn't faced reality in a long time

this is probably photoshopped

This article is probably fake too - https://www.newstalk.com/news/pictures-trump-reveals-large-handwritten-notes-speaking-reporters-927335

And this video has been faked by C-SPAN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VspIIHuXqdw

They are all in on it
joe is the president now not trump , joes a joke and a total disaster not just for the USA but for the world, the clown in Canada not far behind him .