The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 23, 2022, 02:18:22 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 23, 2022, 11:31:13 AM
I did get a good chuckle out of Ted Cruz asking KBJ about the teaching of  CRT at a school she's on the board of and then highlighted excerpts from the Antiracist Baby (which were required reading at the school) when she denied it or elements of it were taught there

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/watch-sen-ted-cruz-presses-ketanji-jackson-brown-on-critical-race-theory
the sad thing is lots of non black people want this kind of trash in schools otherwise the democrats wouldn't get 20% of vote .

I haven't read Antiracist Baby (never heard of it).

Evidently you have.

Why is it trash?

And what does the statement "the sad thing is lots of non black people want this kind of trash in schools otherwise the democrats wouldn't get 20% of vote" actually mean?

J70

Here's the terrible "trash" book in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw3DjP7HSts

I would have thought most people would have little problem with the overall theme of teaching kids that its ok that people come in different skin colours and backgrounds and that these should be celebrated.

And the idea that racism is not taught is just f**king laughable.

But... Senators are going to grandstand and idiots are going to swallow it.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2022, 03:42:59 PM
I did get a good chuckle out of Ted Cruz asking KBJ about the teaching of  CRT at a school she's on the board of and then highlighted excerpts from the Antiracist Baby (which were required reading at the school) when she denied it or elements of it were taught there

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/watch-sen-ted-cruz-presses-ketanji-jackson-brown-on-critical-race-theory
the sad thing is lots of non black people want this kind of trash in schools otherwise the democrats wouldn't get 20% of vote .

Evidently you have.

Why is it trash?

And what does the statement "the sad thing is lots of non black people want this kind of trash in schools otherwise the democrats wouldn't get 20% of vote" actually mean?
you want it as your last post  shows, voting for democrats in places like New York and sf Bay Area means you are voting for massive homelessness, violent and property crime through the roof , cost of living through the roof , idiotic green policies shoved down your throat, massive taxes ,no prosecution for certain types of criminals, businesses leaving areas due to massive thefts and no prosecution, so what's a little cracker bashing on top of that .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 23, 2022, 04:29:19 PM

Evidently you have.

Why is it trash?

you want it as your last post  shows, voting for democrats in places like New York and sf Bay Area means you are voting for massive homelessness, violent and property crime through the roof , cost of living through the roof , idiotic green policies shoved down your throat, massive taxes ,no prosecution for certain types of criminals, businesses leaving areas due to massive thefts and no prosecution, so what's a little cracker bashing on top of that .

1. Where is the "cracker bashing" in that book? It took the narrator in the youtube clip I posted three minutes to read the entire book.  Shouldn't be too hard for you to point it out.  Its aimed at young kids after all.

2. What does the rest of your rant have to do with "the sad thing is lots of non black people want this kind of trash in schools otherwise the democrats wouldn't get 20% of vote"? Is "cracker bashing" a powerful and decisive Democratic wedge issue in the wild, paranoid fantasies of people like yourself?

Wildweasel74

I wish u 2 intelligent people living it up in America would left all us dumb Irish locals alone and f**k off this forum. You 2 clowns pollute this thread with pure shit talk, and I don't seem to come across you on any other threads. I don't know what type of Job you do but it cant be much given the amount of time you spend posting nosense on here.

Gmac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 23, 2022, 04:42:17 PM
I wish u 2 intelligent people living it up in America would left all us dumb Irish locals alone and f**k off this forum. You 2 clowns pollute this thread with pure shit talk, and I don't seem to come across you on any other threads. I don't know what type of Job you do but it cant be much given the amount of time you spend posting nosense on here.
don't read it ,goodbye

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2022, 04:34:32 PM

Evidently you have.

Why is it trash?

1. Where is the "cracker bashing" in that book? It took the narrator in the youtube clip I posted three minutes to read the entire book.  Shouldn't be too hard for you to point it out.  Its aimed at young kids after all.

2. What does the rest of your rant have to do with "the sad thing is lots of non black people want this kind of trash in schools otherwise the democrats wouldn't get 20% of vote"? Is "cracker bashing" a powerful and decisive Democratic wedge issue in the wild, paranoid fantasies of people like yourself?
because that's what happens to all places that are democrat super majorities, they've turned the golden state into the rotten state and anyone who votes for them deserves everything they get.
Why do you think we have the biggest idiot ever as vo ? Because of brainless Bay Area and ca politics.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 23, 2022, 04:56:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2022, 04:34:32 PM

Evidently you have.

Why is it trash?

because that's what happens to all places that are democrat super majorities, they've turned the golden state into the rotten state and anyone who votes for them deserves everything they get.
Why do you think we have the biggest idiot ever as vo ? Because of brainless Bay Area and ca politics.

So nothing on the whole "Antiracist baby"/Dem wedge issue thing?

Although I absolutely agree that supermajorities, whether Democrat OR Republican (or any party/ideology for that matter) are an undesirable thing. Which is partly why I despise gerrymandering and dark money in politics, as they help to lock those things in.

Gmac

The Supreme Court nominee was asked what a woman was and she said she didn't know as she's not a biologist, when you participate in none sense like this you should be automatically disqualified.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 23, 2022, 05:23:30 PM
The Supreme Court nominee was asked what a woman was and she said she didn't know as she's not a biologist, when you participate in none sense like this you should be automatically disqualified.

It was a do-no-harm-to-your-nomination, avoid-the-gotcha-question non-answer to a grandstanding Senator, in this case trying to exploit transexuality (yet another conservative end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it outrage).

Not really criticizing the Senator in question per se, they ALL do it. And ALL Supreme Court nominees with a lick of sense avoid the gotcha question, whatever it is.

These hearings are a waste of time, and have been for years. They're just a public forum for politicians wanting to make a mark or shore up their political bono fides, especially in an election year. The success of the nominee is confirmed in advance unless the nominee steps in it big time. Hence they play it safe.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2022, 05:40:43 PM

It was a do-no-harm-to-your-nomination, avoid-the-gotcha-question non-answer to a grandstanding Senator, in this case trying to exploit transexuality (yet another conservative end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it outrage).

Not really criticizing the Senator in question per se, they ALL do it. And ALL Supreme Court nominees with a lick of sense avoid the gotcha question, whatever it is.

These hearings are a waste of time, and have been for years. They're just a public forum for politicians wanting to make a mark or shore up their political bono fides, especially in an election year. The success of the nominee is confirmed in advance unless the nominee steps in it big time. Hence they play it safe.

I read both White Fragility (Robin DiAngelo) and How to be an Anti Racist (Kendi)  and I have to say that I have never read such nonsense in my entire life

The fact that Kendi then wrote Anti Racist Baby (and it has become required/recommended reading at many schools) shows what a complete scam some of this CRT stuff is. It's all about guilty rich white people going through some token exercise to make them feel good about themselves

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 23, 2022, 06:09:23 PM

I read both White Fragility (Robin DiAngelo) and How to be an Anti Racist (Kendi)  and I have to say that I have never read such nonsense in my entire life

The fact that Kendi then wrote Anti Racist Baby (and it has become required/recommended reading at many schools) shows what a complete scam some of this CRT stuff is. It's all about guilty rich white people going through some token exercise to make them feel good about themselves

And at the other end you have resentful white people who think that teaching kids about slavery and the civil war and Jim Crow and racism in general (including its continuing existence) are all some plot to make their little darlings feel bad about themselves.

Gmac

what is a woman is a gotcha question ? Ok are you a man or woman and how would you know

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2022, 06:19:17 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 23, 2022, 06:09:23 PM

And at the other end you have resentful white people who think that teaching kids about slavery and the civil war and Jim Crow and racism in general (including its continuing existence) are all some plot to make their little darlings feel bad about themselves.

Agreed

There are culture wars going being waged by both sides

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 23, 2022, 06:33:19 PM

what is a woman is a gotcha question ? Ok are you a man or woman and how would you know

Gmac, if you want to pretend that was not a loaded gotcha question on transexuality, a complicated issue, knock yourself out.

But sure go ahead and give us your definition of a woman and how your dichotomous, black and white system takes into account every human being in existence.