Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2021, 04:20:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2021, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2021, 03:29:26 PM
"Epic" debacle? ;D

They sorted it out straight away.

Two separate issues anyway.

Personally I've no philosophical issue with letting permanent residents vote in local elections. Especially DACA people who've lived here their entire lives. They should have a voice in how the city is run.

I do have a problem with the 30 day threshold. That is ridiculously short.

Whether it all passes legal muster is another issue.

Lol

So technically DACA folks are in the country illegally, they've just been given a stay by executive order that could be rescinded by a court. Is that an accurate assessment?

So the Democrats now have "illegals" voting in elections-fantastic

(FWIW, I'm in favor of DACA, but this is just bone headed stupidity)

You're in favour of DACA, but allowing some, say, 25 year old who has lived in NYC his entire life the right to vote is "bone-headed stupidity"?

LOL indeed.

And the point of DACA is that they're given tacit legal residence and don't have to reside in the shadows of their home town. Until the GOP actually manage to banish them back into the shadows again, it's important that the Dems do right by them.

ONLY CITIZENS ARE ALLOWED VOTE!!!!!!!!

PER THE CONSTITUTION

And this is the problem with the Democrats

It's just never enough

I'm in favor of DACA

I'm in favor of a pathway to citizenship

But that's still not enough. You now have to give them a vote

And way happens when someone is accidentally given the wrong ballot and a non citizen votes.

It will Completely vindicate everything the Republicans have been saying all along about voter integrity

If I was a Republican I'd be thrilled at this development. Then I'd forensically audit every single vote until I find someone voting who shouldn't be

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2021, 04:55:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2021, 04:20:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2021, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2021, 03:29:26 PM
"Epic" debacle? ;D

They sorted it out straight away.

Two separate issues anyway.

Personally I've no philosophical issue with letting permanent residents vote in local elections. Especially DACA people who've lived here their entire lives. They should have a voice in how the city is run.

I do have a problem with the 30 day threshold. That is ridiculously short.

Whether it all passes legal muster is another issue.

Lol

So technically DACA folks are in the country illegally, they've just been given a stay by executive order that could be rescinded by a court. Is that an accurate assessment?

So the Democrats now have "illegals" voting in elections-fantastic

(FWIW, I'm in favor of DACA, but this is just bone headed stupidity)

You're in favour of DACA, but allowing some, say, 25 year old who has lived in NYC his entire life the right to vote is "bone-headed stupidity"?

LOL indeed.

And the point of DACA is that they're given tacit legal residence and don't have to reside in the shadows of their home town. Until the GOP actually manage to banish them back into the shadows again, it's important that the Dems do right by them.

ONLY CITIZENS ARE ALLOWED VOTE!!!!!!!!

PER THE CONSTITUTION

And this is the problem with the Democrats

It's just never enough

I'm in favor of DACA

I'm in favor of a pathway to citizenship

But that's still not enough. You now have to give them a vote

And way happens when someone is accidentally given the wrong ballot and a non citizen votes.

It will Completely vindicate everything the Republicans have been saying all along about voter integrity

If I was a Republican I'd be thrilled at this development. Then I'd forensically audit every single vote until I find someone voting who shouldn't be

If its in the constitution, you don't have much to worry about then, do you?

Anyway, I wasn't talking about that. I said in my original post "whether it passes legal muster is another issue". Bill DeBlasio doesn't think its constitutional FFS.

I'm talking about my moral and philosophical opinion.

And no, it WON'T "completely vindicate everything the Republicans have been saying all along about voter integrity" and their wider voter suppression and election theft scheming.

Lies, bullshit, demagoguery and brazen anti-democratic legal and legislative moves are still that.

whitey

Hyde Park which is home to former President Obama and the very prestigious University of Chicago has see a serious uptick in violent crime

Sadly to say 3 students have been murdered so far this year

"Last year, amid the George Floyd protests, many students challenged law enforcement and pushed for the abolishment and defunding of on-campus police, as reported by the Chicago Tribune."

https://wgntv.com/news/uchicago-leaders-cpd-address-campus-safety-fears-in-response-to-slain-graduate/?segment=1*9stx2z*s_amp_id*T1B0bjQwQjRlT3Q0MzhmanhNSF9EVnJmdmxxOFNHckdUT0tZZENuY29IelBORmhYNlhDNnFIR0R6cnBNeS15NQ..

(So after the most recent murder of an 18 year old Chinese lad there was a) "A rally last week on campus called attention to the violence surrounding the University of Chicago. The shooting death of recent graduate Dennis Zheng, during an afternoon robbery, highlighted the growing concern for safety.

And now another group has come out against the group who held this rally

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/outcry-as-uchicago-students-say-more-policing-surveillance-will-not-deter-future-gun-violence/amp/

So while "non college educated white people" are vilified for voting for Trump, this is the type of
of logic that our betters in the Democratic Party can come up with.

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2021, 12:55:21 AM
Hyde Park which is home to former President Obama and the very prestigious University of Chicago has see a serious uptick in violent crime

"Last year, amid the George Floyd protests, many students challenged law enforcement and pushed for the abolishment and defunding of on-campus police, as reported by the Chicago Tribune."

https://wgntv.com/news/uchicago-leaders-cpd-address-campus-safety-fears-in-response-to-slain-graduate/?segment=1*9stx2z*s_amp_id*T1B0bjQwQjRlT3Q0MzhmanhNSF9EVnJmdmxxOFNHckdUT0tZZENuY29IelBORmhYNlhDNnFIR0R6cnBNeS15NQ..

(So after the most recent murder of an 18 year old Chinese lad there was a) "A rally last week on campus called attention to the violence surrounding the University of Chicago. The shooting death of recent graduate Dennis Zheng, during an afternoon robbery, highlighted the growing concern for safety.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/outcry-as-uchicago-students-say-more-policing-surveillance-will-not-deter-future-gun-violence/amp/

So while "non college educated white people" are vilified for voting for Trump, this is the type of

Poor put-upon whitey. "Betters in the Democratic Party"??

Where's the comment or policies from the Democratic politicians in your piece.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2021, 12:41:58 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2021, 12:55:21 AM

Poor put-upon whitey. "Betters in the Democratic Party"??

Where's the comment or policies from the Democratic politicians in your piece.

For Democrats "white non college educated voters" is just a dog whistle for stupid people-ie those who aren't as smart, articulate, woke and well read as us elites who know better than everyone else

This counter protest is the type of flat out numbskullery that will lead to Trump gettin back in in 2024

When it happens, remember where you read about it first

People have had it with the BS

Joe has surrounded himself with a bunch of absolute fvckin clowns

J70

Right, maybe the Dems should get up there and announce "I love the poorly educated" like Trump did.

Will THAT help?

Its notable that you are not actually offering any defense of the supposed grievances of the white working class towards the Dems and "elites".

All you're going on about is supposed arrogance and people thinking they "know better".

As if the current American right wing is not completely dripping with certainty and arrogance! I've never seen a movement more arrogant, aggressive and in-your-face when it comes to political leanings and demonization.

Yes, supposed liberal elitism the bedrock foundation of the American right wing's culture and ethos, a common perceived and bullshit enemy against which to unite, but aren't you supposed to be some kind of independently-minded, principled conservative, presumably above such utter nonsense?

Leaving that aside, why don't you tell us why the policies and actions and rhetoric of Trump that generate such fervent devotion amongst his following should be worthy of more respect?

And if those are not worthy of respect, then why should those who follow them anyway be worthy of respect?

If its all so respectable, are you willing to out yourself now as a member of the Republican Party?

whitey

So Joy Reid was on MSNBC telling flat out lies, and she was respectfully called out by rabid right winger Sarah Silverman (sarcasm) who's now being accused of racism for having the audacity to question a POC

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theblaze.com/amp/sarah-silverman-responds-liberal-critics-joy-reid-2656005208

Clock is ticking J70....you need to get your peeps to take their heads out of their rear ends ASAP

People are done with the BS

J70

Are you on the beer this morning or something?

Did the wife throw you out of the house?

You seem a wee bit agitated whitey.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2021, 02:33:33 PM

I've been in lockdown working on a big project and hadn't been paying attention until this weekend

I actually wanted the Democrats to succeed for the good of the country, but holy mackerel, are they doing their best to get Trump re elected in 2024

What the hell is wrong with them

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2021, 09:41:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2021, 02:33:33 PM

I've been in lockdown working on a big project and hadn't been paying attention until this weekend

I actually wanted the Democrats to succeed for the good of the country, but holy mackerel, are they doing their best to get Trump re elected in 2024

What the hell is wrong with them

If you're talking about cancel culture, its every bit as bad on the right, if not worse.

In the case you referred to, a bunch of eejits on twitter went after Sarah Silverman. The only people they made look bad were themselves.  On the right, its the actual Republican Party cancelling anyone and everyone who dares to express a public doubt about the Big Lie or doesn't prostrate themselves in front of the orange turd.

Next year's election will be about the economy and Covid. If things are going well, the Dems might get by without disastrous losses in terms of numbers (both chambers will change hands unfortunately for everyone).

2024 and Trump - its going to come down to whether the Dems can find a serious and vital candidate. Although I think their chances will actually be better if Trump wins the other nomination. If the GOP is sensible and eases him off the stage, someone like DeSantis has a very good chance. He's great at the culture war nonsense and the demonization game, but seems to lack the self-destructive streak that has cost Trump.

Speaking of Trump... for someone who loves to throw the Fredo label around, how f**king pathetic is it that his own son, slimy sc**bag though he may be, had to send his pleas for Trump to call off the riot mob through Mark Meadows, along with Hannity, Ingraham and the rest  of the Fox News dirtbags (even as they publicly blamed Antifa and  false flags).

RedHand88

It's pathetic indictment of the Democrats and this Presidency that all the talk is of them getting a suitable candidate when they currently hold the office of President.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 15, 2021, 09:39:04 AM
It's pathetic indictment of the Democrats and this Presidency that all the talk is of them getting a suitable candidate when they currently hold the office of President.

I think there would be talk regardless of how this presidency was and will go. Biden could play a blinder for the next three years, but he is old, simple as that. Everyone was aware of this before he was elected, but the main need was to stop another destructive Trump term. There was plenty of talk of him being a one-term president before the election. Sure some of the GOP, including some of our friends here, were predicting he'd step down shortly into his term in favour of Kamala.

whitey

I thought Joe would do a lot better than he has

I don't blame him for Afghanistan, but his handling of the reopening of the economy and the border crisi has been pathetic to say the least

WTF was Mayor Pete doing taking 4 months off and him in charge of the ports and transportation?

And as for Kamala-enough said. She's actually worse than I thought she's be, and Inset her a pretty low bar

Gabriel_Hurl

Did everyone at Fox get Mark Meadows phone number?

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 15, 2021, 12:35:43 PM
I thought Joe would do a lot better than he has

I don't blame him for Afghanistan, but his handling of the reopening of the economy and the border crisi has been pathetic to say the least

WTF was Mayor Pete doing taking 4 months off and him in charge of the ports and transportation?

And as for Kamala-enough said. She's actually worse than I thought she's be, and Inset her a pretty low bar

How bad IS the economy though?

Inflation is high due to the worldwide supply chain problems, yet employment is edging down towards full. Real estate is booming.

What would you have had Biden do differently in retrospect that would have made a difference?