The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

It's the Donegal man v a couple of Irish racists thread.

whitey

Quote from: JoG2 on August 11, 2021, 09:56:56 AM
It's the Donegal man v a couple of Irish racists thread.

According to our Vice President the President is a racist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/08/politics/jill-biden-surprised-kamala-harris-debate/index.html

"(CNN) Jill Biden says California Sen. Kamala Harris implied her husband Joe Biden is racist with her attack on the former vice president during the first Democratic presidential debate."

J70

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on August 11, 2021, 05:10:40 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 10, 2021, 11:53:24 PM

the likes of this post is as bad as anyone on the 'other side' that you deride posts and serves no purpose other than petty point scoring.

A petty point scoring thread is what we have now - deeler is spot on.

These little mini-feuds, while not at a personal level yet, could explode at any time.  J70 and gmac seem to delight in jabbing the other side - and the other side takes no notice whatsoever.  Eamonn jumps in whenever the baby is asleep I suppose and a few others post rarely.  Although whitey has resurfaced again to bring another voice.  I suppose two on the left and two on the right is balanced...but the extreme examples used to score petty points do not present a normal, balanced debate.

But some day, someone will cross the line - that's what always happens.  Then we will lose some posters for ever due to necessary bans.

So I'm wondering if the thread should be locked for a while? 

Or could we ask the petty point kickers to take a month off...they hardly deserve bans, but the thread is a tiresome read nowadays. 

If they could learn to quote just the post they are concerned about, rather than all 22 in the "conversation".   Most should know that replying to the last post does not mean you have to quote it...although I'd love a "quote one post only" rule, but that seems not possible in the type of forum we are in.

I know it's easy to say that we should just ignore the thread, but this is a discussion board and this thread is not anywhere near a discussion.

What say ye?

I suggest you reread the thread a bit.

I've no feud with anyone. The vast majority of this thread is Gmac posting irrational, poorly supported right wing nonsense, and other people, especially myself admittedly, responding to it and doing things like asking for evidence. Which never comes, and then he posts more bullshit. He even brought it into the Covid thread last week, although he's not the only one posting shite there. If its a discussion board, do we just sit back and allow that stuff to go unchallenged?

But if I'm misreading my own contribution, by all means point out some examples.

Point taken on trimming the quotes.

J70

Quote from: Rudi on August 11, 2021, 09:52:01 AM
It's an insane thread, the content is utter bullchit. I particularly find the posters on the left abhorrent, whilst the posters on the right ain't much better. Its adds nothing to the board, better off deleting it.

Or just don't f**king click on the thread.

Its not hard.

On the other hand, if you must click and my views are so "abhorrent", how about outlining your objections?

This place could use a bit of sensible analysis and discussion from the right.

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2021, 11:53:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on August 10, 2021, 11:10:03 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 10, 2021, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: dec on August 10, 2021, 05:07:31 PM
Cuomo resigns

Effective in 14 days

Before the usual childish gloating from the right, a friendly reminder:

does someone want to tell eamon about bill clinton ?

And Ted Kennedy

Valid points.

But also begging the question of why, now that the world has changed and the Dems have seen the light and their mistakes from a few decades ago, what is the GOP and the right waiting for?

RedHand88

Few boys be looking refunds for their "I'm a Cuomosexual" tshirts now I doubt.

RedHand88

If only people were as passionate about Irish politics as they are about American.

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2021, 12:14:43 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 11, 2021, 09:52:01 AM
It's an insane thread, the content is utter bullchit. I particularly find the posters on the left abhorrent, whilst the posters on the right ain't much better. Its adds nothing to the board, better off deleting it.

Or just don't f**king click on the thread.

Its not hard.

On the other hand, if you must click and my views are so "abhorrent", how about outlining your objections?

This place could use a bit of sensible analysis and discussion from the right.

Your probably right, I have given up the drink, think I will give up this bullchit too. Farewell

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2021, 12:51:54 PM
If only people were as passionate about Irish politics as they are about American.

Irish politics is mostly about bread and butter issues, with not much widespread deviation from a fairly centrist mean.

US politics has one side mostly in the mainstream of western, secular politics, and the other off in an irrational cloud cuckoo land fantasy which would be amusing if it wasn't so influential and, thus, dangerous.

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2021, 01:05:38 PM

Irish politics is mostly about bread and butter issues, with not much widespread deviation from a fairly centrist mean.

US politics has one side mostly in the mainstream of western, secular politics, and the other off in an irrational cloud cuckoo land fantasy which would be amusing if it wasn't so influential and, thus, dangerous.

Couldn't help yourself could you?

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2021, 01:06:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2021, 01:05:38 PM

Couldn't help yourself could you?

It's a fact.

If that's uncomfortable for you, that's not my fault.

Gmac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2021, 12:43:27 PM
j70 has a closet full of merch I'd say and a few t-shirts with avenatti for president with a picture of him on it with the view ladies

screenexile

Quote from: Gmac on August 11, 2021, 03:32:54 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2021, 12:43:27 PM
j70 has a closet full of merch I'd say and a few t-shirts with avenatti for president with a picture of him on it with the view ladies

You'd be a fun pair standing beside eachother!

Gabriel_Hurl

Posters living in America posting about American politics shocker

whitey