The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2021, 12:07:50 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 08, 2021, 04:03:32 AM
listen omochain - whitey doesn't support Trump or voted for him.

He's just defended him religiously on here for the last 6 years.

Where am I defending him?

The Democrats concocted a conspiracy theory to cast doubt on his victory and attempted to undermine his legitimacy from Day One

It's not me saying it

It's not Fox News saying it

It's people who were high up in the Clinton campaign who said it

Yeah, it IS you saying it.

The Clinton campaign's concerns about Russian interference were perfectly legitimate and well-founded.

Whether or not they used that fact to brush over Hillary's own issues or weaknesses is irrelevant.

Whereas there is zero foundation for the campaign Trump, Giuliani, Fox News, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh and the rest have run over the past three months.

whitey

J70

So would you now not agree that it was the Clinton campaign who were the ones "colluding" with Russians

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/24/steele-dossier-russia-doj-421536

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2021, 01:16:57 PM
J70

So would you now not agree that it was the Clinton campaign who were the ones "colluding" with Russians

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/24/steele-dossier-russia-doj-421536

Its early Monday morning, so you will have to explain to me how one of a hired investigator's sources being suspected years earlier of contacts with Russian agents is the same thing as the campaign actively seeking the assistance of the actual Russian government.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2021, 01:47:25 PM
J70

Its early Monday morning, so you will have to explain to me how one of a hired investigator's sources being suspected years earlier of contacts with Russian agents is the same thing as the campaign actively seeking the assistance of the actual Russian government.

Like your style of deflection

He was the PRIMARY SOURCE of the dossier

And the FBI knew in December of 2016 that was the case

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. If something similar had been pulled on a Democrats you guys would be apoplectic (and rightly so)

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2021, 01:55:42 PM
J70

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. If something similar had been pulled on a Democrats you guys would be apoplectic (and rightly so)

Speaking of defelction, you didn't answer how that is apparently equivalent to colluding with the Russian goverment.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2021, 02:01:41 PM
J70

Speaking of defelction, you didn't answer how that is apparently equivalent to colluding with the Russian goverment.

Attempted collusion

Clowns who had never run a campaign before accepted a meeting with someone they shouldn't have

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2021, 02:16:36 PM
J70

Attempted collusion

Clowns who had never run a campaign before accepted a meeting with someone they shouldn't have

Ok (whether or not they actually managed to collude is beside the point here).

But where is the equivalency in any of these comparisons you're drawing?

Between doing your oppo research by hiring a private investigator and trying to collude with a government?

Between raising legitimate concerns to the authorities and an entire party/movement and media outlets that have become a anti-democratic personality cult trying to publicly undermine and steal an election, culminating in a murderous invasion of government buildings?

Gabriel_Hurl

DEFINITELY NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER - NO SIR

dec

Have the Kansas City Chiefs accepted the result of the Super Bowl or are they pulling a Trump?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2021, 02:59:27 PM
J70

Attempted collusion

Between doing your oppo research by hiring a private investigator and trying to collude with a government?

Between raising legitimate concerns to the authorities and an entire party/movement and media outlets that have become a anti-democratic personality cult trying to publicly undermine and steal an election, culminating in a murderous invasion of government buildings?

So is Jonathan Allen lying in the book or are the people from the Clinton campaign lying with the information they gave him about the Brooklyn meeting held the day after the 2016 election?

Regarding the dossier, if it was so ironclad why did the FBI agents need to lie, twist and omit?

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 08, 2021, 04:21:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2021, 02:59:27 PM
J70

Attempted collusion

So is Jonathan Allen lying in the book or are the people from the Clinton campaign lying with the information they gave him about the Brooklyn meeting held the day after the 2016 election?

Regarding the dossier, if it was so ironclad why did the FBI agents need to lie, twist and omit?

I didn't read the book. I only know what you've posted here about the "shake shack meeting" which seems, to me, to document a campaign team looking to shift the blame for their loss, as I've already said. That they were looking for a scapegoat doesn't make the issue of Russian interference any less legitimate.

I didn't say anything about the dossier being ironclad. When Buzzfeed subsequently published it, they were clear that some of it, at least, was unsubstantiated. Regardless, if what was reported was concerning, it was absolutely correct that it be passed on to the FBI. Their role, after all, is to pursue concerns and allegations of federal criminality. And so far, not much of substance in terms of criminally or politically-motivated misconduct or errors on the part of their investigators has been proven, despite all the noise and hype from Trump etc.

Maybe Durham will still come through for the right. These agents don't, after all, have a president publicly undermining the investigation and promising pardons for them in return for non-cooperation. And Durham has Special Prosecutor status now.

Or maybe it will turn out they did in fact do little wrong of a criminal nature.

omochain

J70.. I don't know why you bother.. neither facts nor logic are strong enough to convince Whitey that his Murdoch media slant on the Universe is not the word of the Lord.

Main Street

The latest batsh*t Republican conspiracy theory.
Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin claimed that Nancy Pelosi (not  Trump)  was to blame for the MAGA terrorist riot at the US Capitol.
He was "suspicious. that the impeachment was part of a plot to divert attention from Pelosi.

"Is this (Impeachment) another diversionary operation? Is this meant to deflect away from potentially what the speaker knew and when she knew it?" Johnson said. "I don't know, but I'm suspicious."
"Potentially" what was Nancy supposed to "know"??
that Trump would go on stage Jan 6th and whip up his MAGA followers into a frenzy and try to effect a coup  in order to stop the vote in progress. That MAGA hordes would invade Congress screaming her name and that she would have prearranged that the national guard would stand back and stand by and allow the invasion.

J70

Of course, Senator Johnson knows he is talking through his hole, and he knows most other people know, but all he cares about is how his comments sit with the increasingly unhinged GOP base.

https://thebulwark.com/my-call-with-ron-johnson-he-knows-biden-won-but-wont-admit-it/

sid waddell

I think Johnson works with the Russians

Certainly one of the primary conduits for Russian influence in right-wing America