The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 09:34:11 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 08, 2021, 07:03:06 PM
Agree with the previous post. I got labelled a fascist by that clown because I had reservations about Biden. He is honestly best ignored.
You got called a fascist because you were laughing at children being separated from their parents

If that antagonises you, good

It might teach you to stop laughing at children being separated from their parents

I've asked you several times to show where I did this and you still can't come up with the goods.

sid waddell

A neat trick the fascists have is to engage in the dumbest sort of semantics over wordplay

Because outright, unequivocably clear statements of racism are classed as unacceptable, they try to cloak their racist language while still making it obvious what they mean

And they will argue to ends of the earth that what they mean is not what they mean

Fascists will always tell you what they are, and yet they will always deny what they are

It's a Putinist tactic - you what they mean, I know what they mean, you know that I know what they mean, I know that you know what they mean, you know that I know that you what they mean

Trolling, a sort of ironic post modern exaggerated performance art, is an integral part of the game

Like, the guys who did the Skripal poisoning, the joke they and the Russian regime played on the UK - though they were not literally telling you this but was obvious to anybody who watched it - was that they were a gay couple on a romantic weekend away - which of course was not the case, they were GRU men on a murder mission

It's all high camp

Trump is high camp and Trumpism is high camp

Tucker Carlson constantly performs post modern high camp - the other night he equated pasty white skin with innocence, and black clothes with criminality, because he can't get away with directly and literally calling black skin criminal - which is 100% what he meant - he knew all viewers understood this

This is what right wing politics is now - a giant big lie - of the sort practised by the Nazis

It is particularly suited to an online setting

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 08:02:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2021, 07:45:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 07:33:47 PM
J70

Joe kicked off his campaign with by repeating the "great people on both sides"  LIE and the media didn't pull him on it. Do you think that LIE was designed to unite or divide people?

Joe should have been hammered by the media on that-play the ENTIRE  clip for him on live TV and ask him if he wants to walk it back. The media didn't do it because they were repeating the same fvckin LIE. (or they were probably too busy asking him what flavor ice cream he ordered or some such nonsense)

What was the lie he repeated?

You're saying there were "great" or "fine" people along for Richard Spencer's United The Right rally to bring together neonazis, white supremacists and the like to protest a Lee statue removal?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/03/21/trump_didnt_call_neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html

Give me a break.

That was a far right rally, complete with the tiki torches "Jews will not replace us" shite the night before. Leading GOP senators even came out and unequivocally condemned it.

Look somewhere else in your desperation to paint Dems as evil and Trump as a victim.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 09:15:32 PM
Quote from: blasmere on January 08, 2021, 06:18:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: blasmere on January 08, 2021, 05:56:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 05:50:32 PM
Sid

Directly from a member of the Clinton campaign

"Instead, Hillary kept pointing her finger at Comey and Russia. "She wants to make sure all these narratives get spun the right way," this person said. That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn't entirely on the up-and-up."

False equivalence again, not remotely in the same league as Trump

Having half the country believe that Trump only got elected because of Russia and then spending 4 years undermining him ( a legitimately elected president) is on a par with what Trump has done IMHO

People no longer trust the media or the electoral process and that's down to the Democrats

How many people died as a result of what the Dems "did"?

LOL-well not for the lack of trying.  One of Bernie's supporters tried to blast a bunch of Republicans into Kingdom Come at a baseball game

Funny how no one was asking for Bernie to get kicked out of the Senate for inciting one of his supporters

Why don't you go ahead and show us how some action or words from Bernie encouraged or incited that guy to do what he did?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2021, 10:17:01 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 09:15:32 PM
Quote from: blasmere on January 08, 2021, 06:18:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: blasmere on January 08, 2021, 05:56:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 05:50:32 PM
Sid

Directly from a member of the Clinton campaign

"Instead, Hillary kept pointing her finger at Comey and Russia. "She wants to make sure all these narratives get spun the right way," this person said. That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn't entirely on the up-and-up."

False equivalence again, not remotely in the same league as Trump

Having half the country believe that Trump only got elected because of Russia and then spending 4 years undermining him ( a legitimately elected president) is on a par with what Trump has done IMHO

People no longer trust the media or the electoral process and that's down to the Democrats

How many people died as a result of what the Dems "did"?

LOL-well not for the lack of trying.  One of Bernie's supporters tried to blast a bunch of Republicans into Kingdom Come at a baseball game

Funny how no one was asking for Bernie to get kicked out of the Senate for inciting one of his supporters

Why don't you go ahead and show us how some action or words from Bernie encouraged or incited that guy to do what he did?

Cant be bothered looking for quotes, but I'll pull a page out of the Democratic playbook for you

By Bernie not publicly and forcefully calling out Democrats who made inflammatory statements hinting of violence towards Trump and his supporters, he is as much responsible as the person who pulled the trigger

RedHand88

Gabriel_Hurl

RedHand88

What did he post that pushed them over the edge?

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 08, 2021, 11:30:31 PM

good , Twitter is a very negative forum and is responsible for the decline in a lot of people's mental health , would love if it disappeared permanently.

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on January 08, 2021, 11:43:39 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 08, 2021, 11:30:31 PM

good , Twitter is a very negative forum and is responsible for the decline in a lot of people's mental health , would love if it disappeared permanently.
You're very bitter over this

brokencrossbar1

He was planning a video link this evening....maybe there were genuine concerns that he is on the brink and really couldn't give a damn. He is bat shit as are a lot of his followers and he is inciting as much as he can before the hammer falls. He should just go

sid waddell

Murkowski has called on him to resign

Impeach NOW

Eamonnca1

Want proof that RWNJs can't read? That nutjob from Georgia who was obsessed with pro-Trump conspiracy theories and got trampled to death in the Capitol riot was carrying - are you ready for this - a "Don't tread on me" flag!

That's no joke!

https://www.rawstory.com/rosanne-boyland-capitol/

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 08, 2021, 11:53:06 PM
Murkowski has called on him to resign

Impeach NOW

If he's impeached seemingly he can never again hold office, which wouldn't be a bad thing

I'm just waiting for him to declassify all the good stuff