The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2021, 10:28:08 AM
Quote from: Armamike on January 07, 2021, 10:16:06 AM
By denying democracy and effectively trying to thwart it by any means Trump is veering very closely into coup territory,  He mightn't have the military behind him but he's still hoping for the same outcome - preventing a democratically elected leader from taking up his rightful position.  Very dangerous times for the US.

You would hope that this would shake the GOP and the US right out of their Trump-addled stupour, but this shit runs far deeper than him and his pathetic narcissism. They've nurtured and cultivated this culture of baseless grievance, bigotry and anti-intellectualism for decades, and now it may be out of their control. They might jettison Trump and return to the dog whistles, but the idiocy they've created is not going anywhere.

You would hope alright, if it weren't for the fact that the likes of Cruz and Hawley are already out there trying to court Trump's base. Yesterday won't change that a jot.

Rossfan

Was it 121 Republicans in the Congress voted not to accept the Election result with 82 voting for it?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

The only way this can end is through responsible media regulation worldwide

But that won't and can never happen, because fascism is such an attractive sell in monetary terms

It makes a lot of people a lot of money - Murdoch media is basically a terrorist organisation

Why do people believe nonsense? Because it's constantly thrust in their face

There is a worldwide far right war of disinformation, lies and propaganda

I'm watching Fox News here purely to make myself angry and have been doing so on and off since the other night

I first watched Fox News before the 2004 election

A few minutes ago they had Dan Crenshaw on breathing far right fire

They just had an Australian woman called Miranda Devine on doing the same thing - every "contributor" shouts "Antifa" and how the scum yesterday were "decent people"

Last night Tucker Carlson was clearly trying to equate white skin colour with innocence and black skin colour with criminality

There was a woman called Rachel Campos-Duffy on yesterday who was like a female fascist Tony Montana

That this stuff is broadcast is pure evil, it's far above North Korea level propaganda, it's the crack cocaine of racism and fascism

People with a brain need to watch Fox - with extreme caution - to understand the sheer depravity on the American right-wing "mind", as epitomised by racist, fascist "whitey" on here

It's mind bending

American "conservatism" is the most shallow, stagnant, politically correct, intellect-rejecting ideology in the world, it's a bottomless cesspit

Noam Chomsky called Donald Trump the most dangerous person in history a few months back

I can't decide whether the Republican Party or Murdoch media is the most dangerous organisation in human history

Even more dangerous than the Nazis because frying the entire planet for kicks wasn't a core part of the Nazis' ideology

J70

That Miranda Devine has had her column in the NY Post for the past while.

It is some of the most inane, predictable, barely warmed over, right wing shite you could ever read.

Like many of those right wing pundits she is stealing a living.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2021, 12:30:40 PM
That Miranda Devine has had her column in the NY Post for the past while.

It is some of the most inane, predictable, barely warmed over, right wing shite you could ever read.

Like many of those right wing pundits she is stealing a living.
All of them

And stealing a living is the least of their crimes

They are like the foot soldiers of ISIS

They are like Anjem Choudary in the way they have pied pipered and brainwashed millions of people down the extreme right wing rabbit hole

Actually Choudary is far less dangerous, he didn't reach nearly as many people

The worldwide right-wing disinformation bullshit machine genuinely is ISIS-like in its propensity for brainwashing

johnnycool

Quote from: Franko on January 07, 2021, 11:00:06 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 07, 2021, 09:11:53 AM
So the prophecy has came true. Trump is a fascist who tried to overthrow the government and grab power. But what of those who have hooked up to him even though they were told? What about those fascists? Farage, Paisley, Wilson, IDS, Jacob Rees Mogg? Surely now people must see them for what they are..

Not a single one of those people will give a fcuk.

The gushing they do about 'democracy' is bullshit

These guys would ditch democracy in a millisecond if they thought

a)
It would get them into power

and

b)
They could get away with it

Sure didn't Boris and Co try to override the democracy of the UK by proroguing parliament to prevent one of their Brexit bills getting aired.

Hardly the bastions of democracy either are they?

J70

Speaking of right wing columnists, this one by a John Kass of the Chicago Tribune showed up in my google news feed.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-trump-washington-protests-kass-20210107-iji5pk2j4nh7hlkrn2j3dwi2tq-story.html

Standard, perfunctory stuff after the fact, comdemning Trump's actions yesterday (I've no idea how much of a Trumper he is).

But he includes THIS line at the end:

As I watched the mob breaking the law, climbing the walls, I thought about the roots of their anger. They're the forgotten. They feel as if their voice has been taken from them. They're hated by those who control the culture — the media, the academics, Big Tech, Big Business — and their resentmentment will only grow.

Who the f**k are these apparent babies?

"Oh no, the "elites" or "Big Tech" don't like me, that's why my life is..."

How the f**k can Big Tech not like someone?

Because they ban you for spreading racist or baseless bullshit? If that's the case, then maybe the issue is closer to home.

Academics? Why, because their findings don't jibe with your anecdotal opinion of how the world really is, or what you learned in church or down in the pub or on Fox News?

Big Business? Why the f**k are you voting for a man like Trump and a party like the GOP who think there should be few to no rules for business and no recourse against Big Business for the little guy?

The Media? Do you even listen to, read or watch anything other than Fox News or The Gateway Pundit or Rush Limbaugh and who deliberately stoke the resentment flames?

sid waddell

Good Twitter thread here about how Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was shot and killed yesterday inside the Capitol, was radicalised

https://twitter.com/hungrybowtie/status/1347012990424416256

A video of her ranting while driving a car is doing the rounds on Twitter and it is quite interesting

It's sad because as well as copious amounts of total craziness, she says a couple of things which make you think that underneath it she could have been a good person, or could have been had she not fallen victim to brainwashing

But she fell totally for the simplistic, seductive, easy, hate filled answers of extreme right media

She was trying to make sense of complicated things, was hopelessly ill equipped to do so, and like so many others, chose the easy answers

A victim in her own way - just like those who joined ISIS are victims in their own way - victims of industrial strength brainwashing

Milltown Row2

She's a victim, radicalised is strong, as it seems at the minute you have 80 million people radicalized if we look at Trump supporters. Its not republican anymore its Trumplican at the minute which is very dangerous..

Plenty of footage, hopefully everyone is rounded up and dealt with accordingly. Trump needs to be held accountable at some stage, hopefully the day after he's kicked out.

Though its best if he's just ignored and starved of any attention, he'll not be spending his own money on rallies so he might just f**k off to Florida and catch herpes  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2021, 01:38:12 PM
Speaking of right wing columnists, this one by a John Kass of the Chicago Tribune showed up in my google news feed.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-trump-washington-protests-kass-20210107-iji5pk2j4nh7hlkrn2j3dwi2tq-story.html

Standard, perfunctory stuff after the fact, comdemning Trump's actions yesterday (I've no idea how much of a Trumper he is).

As I watched the mob breaking the law, climbing the walls, I thought about the roots of their anger. They're the forgotten. They feel as if their voice has been taken from them. They're hated by those who control the culture — the media, the academics, Big Tech, Big Business — and their resentmentment will only grow.

Because they ban you for spreading racist or baseless bullshit? If that's the case, then maybe the issue is closer to home.

Academics? Why, because their findings don't jibe with your anecdotal opinion of how the world really is, or what you learned in church or down in the pub or on Fox News?

Big Business? Why the f**k are you voting for a man like Trump and a party like the GOP who think there should be few to no rules for business and no recourse against Big Business for the little guy?

The Media? Do you even listen to, read or watch anything other than Fox News or The Gateway Pundit or Rush Limbaugh and who deliberately stoke the resentment flames?

The biggest con ever pulled off in the world is how right-wing politics and its propaganda machine has convinced so many poor people that it is on its side, even though it is destroying them

They've worked out to a tee how to do this - they use trigger words to create tribes - and when people buy into the idea of tribe, they are then effectively part of a cult

In the US, the way right-wing politics and media sections white working class and poor people into tribes who will unthinkingly support the Republicans, is by creating the fake enemies of black people, other racial ethnic minorities, sexual and gender minorities, "communism", and now science, fact, reason and indeed democracy - and creating endless moral panic about all of them

This results in millions of people who have effectively been lobotomised, we even have some of them here - whitey and GMac

And the tactic is basically the same worldwide, just slight variations on the theme

What US right-wing politics and media does is the same as what the Nazis did

I've been saying this for years, nobody has ever been able to challenge the point, because the point is on the nose

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2021, 01:53:10 PM
She's a victim, radicalised is strong, as it seems at the minute you have 80 million people radicalized if we look at Trump supporters.
I think at this stage you'd have to say every single one of those 74 million people who voted for Trump has been radicalised, at least on some level

They're all lobotomised on some level

Even the "intelligent" ones come across as lobotomised

Like, I listened to this a few months ago - it's an interview with a guy called Michael Brendan Dougherty of the "National Review"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/inside-politics/inside-politics-us-politics-special-with-michael-brendan-dougherty-1.4330418?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Finside-politics%2Finside-politics-us-politics-special-with-michael-brendan-dougherty-1.4330418

The guy is clearly intelligent - but on another level, he still comes across as lobotomised, institutionalised into cultism - but also in total denial - he seems trapped in a massive contradiction of his own mind

More interesting still are the likes of Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibbi - who continually say they're "on the left", but are so clearly down the Trump rabbit hole, they have disgraced themselves, all because they're obsessed with being right on the internet - they took a wrong position several years ago, and rather than just say they've changed their minds, they dug in and are still digging in, and have gone completely cray cray

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on January 07, 2021, 02:04:35 PM

More interesting still are the likes of Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibbi - who continually say they're "on the left", but are so clearly down the Trump rabbit hole, they have disgraced themselves, all because they're obsessed with being right on the internet - they took a wrong position several years ago, and rather than just say they've changed their minds, they dug in and are still digging in, and have gone completely cray cray
That's funny considering what Taibbi wrote last September https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-trump-era-sucks-and-needs-to?

trailer

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2021, 01:38:12 PM

This is very true. And...
This shit about "the forgotten" one example is that every time Obama tried to push through universal healthcare the Reps voted against it. The Reps believe is small government, by it's very nature it forgets about people. Let people sort themselves, the cream will rise. That is their attitude.
They've been gaslighting these people for years and they have finally lost their minds.

To those of you with a better understanding of Washington, why did it seem like there was so little security and why was it possible for what appeared to be an unarmed mob to just walk into Capitol hill. I would imagine with the domestic terrorism they suffer out there that it would be basically 24/7 armed guard? That just appears strange. I remember going out the Statue of Liberty and the security was really strict. Something about that doesn't sit right with me.

sid waddell

Below is the crack cocaine of fascism

This is the prototype representation of everything I talk about

This is the far right "libertarian" capitalist ideology of the most stupid, hateful, bigoted, cyncial, simplistic opinions having the most "worth", because they generate the most reaction

Articles like this are specifically designed to create mass tribes of lobotomised people who work in service to fascism, oligarchy and kleptocracy - without even knowing it

And there are elements of Putinism in it too

O'Neill's schtick is that he calls himself a "free thinker", but what he is doing is aimed at creating mass confusion, mass cynicism - his schtick is "question everything", "do ur own reserch" "what is truth anyway?", "nothing is true"

This creates a mind space of total confusion, total cyncism yet almost total gullibility

It feeds into the alt-right media sphere of crazy conspiracy theories

You see it on every forum like this, you see it all over the internet - you see elements of how this has rubbed off on posters here too - people like Wobbler - on one level Wobbler is smart, he's articulate, he's not stupid - but on another level, he's gone down a rabbit hole - but he's only at the "I'm totally confused about everything" stage

Angelo and Seaney are less smart victims, much more stereotypical victims who have bought into conspiracy stuff

In an effort to make sense of this mass confusion, people turn to easy, simplistic, hate filled answers - in a desperate search for "order"

Ashli Babbitt did this

But the people who promise "order" only offer chaos

And me linking to this is proof that O'Neill's strategy works - but if you don't know the enemy, how can you defeat it?