The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Who or what is behind that Nashville bomb?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Quote from: Rossfan on December 26, 2020, 11:22:10 AM
Who or what is behind that Nashville bomb?
Trump has not said anything about the bomb

So that should give us a strong clue as to what sort of people were behind it

sid waddell

Don't think there's a more pathetic figure in world politics than Ted Cruz

Himself and the other goons voting against Biden's win being being certified are nothing but servile fascist scum

Urrgghhh, gross

screenexile

Quote from: sid waddell on January 03, 2021, 10:50:00 PM
Don't think there's a more pathetic figure in world politics than Ted Cruz

Himself and the other goons voting against Biden's win being being certified are nothing but servile fascist scum

Urrgghhh, gross

I agree Cruz is the worst I mean totally pathetic after the crying he did about Trumps lies during the Primaries to lick his hole for the past 4 years then. Just a weasel.

He thinks Trump's base will do him a turn in 4 years time but they won't take to him in the same way and he's totally lost the middle with his current antics if he tries to pivot. A horrible human being!

J70

Cruz hasn't a shred of dignity or integrity about him.

After what Trump said about his wife and his father during the 2016 primaries, Trump should be persona non grata and very publicly so for him. Lindsay Graham isn't much better.

Men like Ben Sasse and Mitt Romney can practice and promote their conservative politics without debasing themselves at the feet of the orange f**k in the hopes of staying in the good graces of the repugnant, bigoted GOP base. I may disagree vehemently with much of what they stand for, but at least I can respect them.

Cruz, Graham, Ron Johnson and the like are odious, pathetic frauds.

J70

Quote from: screenexile on January 03, 2021, 07:46:50 PM
f**k this is some craic lads... literally no shame at all complete brass neck!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/audio-trump-berates-ga-secretary-of-state-urges-him-to-find-votes/2021/01/03/aba64f5f-8c3c-490f-af34-618ccea732d7_video.html

Career ending stuff which would dominate the headlines for weeks for any other politician.

Trump... another day, another story of corruption/abuse of power/bigotry/incompetence/lying etc., etc.

Someone is going to put a list together in a couple of weeks once Trump is out and we'll see again all the malfeasance we'd forgotten about given the relentless cycle of new stuff, each more outrageous than the last, every week.

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah, but what about Hilary's e-mails?

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2021, 02:10:35 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/audio-trump-berates-ga-secretary-of-state-urges-him-to-find-votes/2021/01/03/aba64f5f-8c3c-490f-af34-618ccea732d7_video.html

Career ending stuff which would dominate the headlines for weeks for any other politician.

Trump... another day, another story of corruption/abuse of power/bigotry/incompetence/lying etc., etc.

Someone is going to put a list together in a couple of weeks once Trump is out and we'll see again all the malfeasance we'd forgotten about given the relentless cycle of new stuff, each more outrageous than the last, every week.

Saw something the other day about the time Trump wanted to buy Greenland... That was less than a year and a half ago!!

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on January 04, 2021, 03:29:46 AM

Saw something the other day about the time Trump wanted to buy Greenland... That was less than a year and a half ago!!
I wouldn't take everything Trump says as a serious statement, e.g. purchase Greenland.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on January 04, 2021, 01:02:11 PM

I wouldn't take everything Trump says as a serious statement, e.g. purchase Greenland.

Depends what "serious" means when it comes to Trump.

I'd be fairly sure he saw some line about Greenland's mineral wealth in a report for his upcoming Danish trip and thought "f**k, why not offer to buy it?" without any further analysis or consideration.

Then, just as rashly, he cancelled the Danish trip when the Danish PM laughed at his proposal.

All in all, it probably amounted to 15 minutes out of Trump's stream of insanity week.

whitey

Quote from: Main Street on January 04, 2021, 01:02:11 PM

Amen (and Awomen) to that

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/congress-prayer-cleaver-amen-awoman-b1781843.html%3famp

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2021, 02:05:15 AM

After what Trump said about his wife and his father during the 2016 primaries, Trump should be persona non grata and very publicly so for him. Lindsay Graham isn't much better.

Men like Ben Sasse and Mitt Romney can practice and promote their conservative politics without debasing themselves at the feet of the orange f**k in the hopes of staying in the good graces of the repugnant, bigoted GOP base. I may disagree vehemently with much of what they stand for, but at least I can respect them.

There is a method to Cruz, he hasn't debased himself for no reason.  Not unlike George Wallace who first stood for election as a liberal, a de-segregationist and got walloped 9-1 in the primaries by an out and out disgusting racist Democrat bigot. George did an about turn, the whole 360 degrees, got elected and became the peerless image of segregation, Jim Crow and all that. Considering Trump is a crude self absorbed  buffoon, a chronic liar and an obnoxious racist to boot, the world's most failed wannabe despot etc, but still got 70m + votes peddling fake populism. Cruz sees that base and is much smarter than Trump. He won't  turn off  potential voters with his constant stupid tweets or his bigotry. And considering the Biden era is aiming to rehash the Obama era of smart condescending elitism, silicon valley capitalism, who is  going to represent the crude crony capitalism of the  likes of the Koch brothers, the crony monopoly capitalist elite who want de -regulation and a rape the environment of natural resources.
I think Trump's time has already gone, he's an embarrassment  and a new Trump in the form of someone like the slick Cruz will replace him.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on January 04, 2021, 02:52:36 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2021, 02:05:15 AM

There is a method to Cruz, he hasn't debased himself for no reason.  Not unlike George Wallace who first stood for election as a liberal, a de-segregationist and got walloped 9-1 in the primaries by an out and out disgusting racist Democrat bigot. George did an about turn, the whole 360 degrees, got elected and became the peerless image of segregation, Jim Crow and all that. Considering Trump is a crude self absorbed  buffoon, a chronic liar and an obnoxious racist to boot, the world's most failed wannabe despot etc, but still got 70m + votes peddling fake populism. Cruz sees that base and is much smarter than Trump. He won't  turn off  potential voters with his constant stupid tweets or his bigotry. And considering the Biden era is aiming to rehash the Obama era of smart condescending elitism, silicon valley capitalism, who is  going to represent the crude crony capitalism of the  likes of the Koch brothers, the crony monopoly capitalist elite who want de -regulation and a rape the environment of natural resources.
I think Trump's time has already gone, he's an embarrassment  and a new Trump in the form of someone like the slick Cruz will replace him.

You may be correct, but was Trump's in-your-face embrace of racism, bigotry, scapegoats and conspiracy theories not a huge part of his attraction for the GOP base? The next "Trump" may be smarter and more subtle, but will he or she then elicit the same levels of devotion and loyalty? The GOP is now the Trump Personality Cult. They're even electing QAnon representatives. Trump is going down as one of the worst presidents in history, but one thing he is not lacking in is charisma and an elite grasp of the use and power of PR.

On the other hand, he was the logical outcome of the GOP's decades-long embrace of white christian grievance politics, and that is not going away. There may be those on the right who just couldn't stomach Trump personally this time out, but who are corporate, nothing-absolutely nothing-must-stand-in-the-way-of-business-profits types, happy to have an empowering coalition with the lunatic christian right and racist groups, who will come back next time out, even for a snake like Cruz.

screenexile

Cruz doesn't have the same ... I was going to say charisma but I think you know what I mean.

He's playing a role whereas Trump seems to be genuine in the nonsense he spouts which is why so many love him. I can't see Americans getting as enthused about Cruz as they did about Trump. He's not going to go quietly either the way you hardly hear of Clinton or Bush I can see Trump sticking his neb into everything after he's gone!