The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Similar to the fund the wall campaign,  isn't this election count capaign mostly a scam to seperate Trump supporters from their money? All donations made to the fund  under US$8,000 are diverted elsewhere,  the Republican Party get a 40% cut,  the rest 60% eventually filters out to Trump corporations. Not only that, but the first $8,000 of every donation is so diverted.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2020, 03:42:51 PM
Similar to the fund the wall campaign,  isn't this election count capaign mostly a scam to seperate Trump supporters from their money? All donations made to the fund  under US$8,000 are diverted elsewhere,  the Republican Party get a 40% cut,  the rest 60% eventually filters out to Trump corporations. Not only that, but the first $8,000 of every donation is so diverted.

I'd say it's a play to keep him out of prison so it gets to a point where he can make a deal for a pardon!!!

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on November 20, 2020, 03:43:50 PM

I'd say it's a play to keep him out of prison so it gets to a point where he can make a deal for a pardon!!!
He can't be charged with any crime until Biden takes over and when that happens what cards can Trump possibly hold and  play in order to gain a pardon? and what, a pardon  for everything? rape? fraud? tax evasion? A pardon for all criminal acts yet to be revealed now and  for criminal acts in the future? A lifetime pardon, the pardon of all pardons.

dec

My prediction is that Trump will eventually accept that he has lost (though he probably not say that publicly). He will then issue federal pardons to his family and cronies. Then he will resign which will enable President Pence to pardon him. This will also allow Trump to avoid the inauguration.
Then Biden will be inaugurated as the 47th President.

Gmac

Sounds like lots of boys on here following Keith olbermann on twitter .

J70

Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2020, 03:57:58 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 20, 2020, 03:43:50 PM

He can't be charged with any crime until Biden takes over and when that happens what cards can Trump possibly hold and  play in order to gain a pardon? and what, a pardon  for everything? rape? fraud? tax evasion? A pardon for all criminal acts yet to be revealed now and  for criminal acts in the future? A lifetime pardon, the pardon of all pardons.

Stuff like rape, for the sake of argument, would be a local or state level charge. I don't even know if there is a federal crime of sexual assault (I could be wrong). Neither Trump nor Biden would have any authority over what a state or city DA prosecuted. Any pardons they could issue would be only for federal crimes. Which is why Trump has potential problems with the invesigations currently taking place in the Manhattan DA's office, and the New York State AG. As far as I'm aware, the Manhattan ones could potentially result in prison sentences, were he to be prosecuted and found guilty.

And I don't see how there could be a pardon for criminal acts that haven't been committed yet!

Gmac

Just a snap shot of what's going on in Oregon a Democrat stronghold  if the police come to your house at thanksgiving you can have heroin, cocaine and meth at your home but nobody from outside your immediate family . Also poor joe couldn't answer the one question he was asked yesterday and the reporter had to ask him if was ok to ask Kamala same question so they could get an answer .  I gave joe 2 years before he's gone 6 months looking more like it .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 20, 2020, 05:32:30 PM
Just a snap shot of what's going on in Oregon a Democrat stronghold  if the police come to your house at thanksgiving you can have heroin, cocaine and meth at your home but nobody from outside your immediate family . Also poor joe couldn't answer the one question he was asked yesterday and the reporter had to ask him if was ok to ask Kamala same question so they could get an answer .  I gave joe 2 years before he's gone 6 months looking more like it .

Oregon - two separate issues. Whether or not you disagree with decriminalizing narcotics, you can't argue that the war on drugs hasn't been a complete failure which has done little except fill the pockets and graves of organized crime. Oregon made their choice. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Here's a transcript of yesterday's press conference. What question are you referring to?
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/joe-biden-kamala-harris-covid-19-press-conference-after-meeting-with-governors-transcript

Rossfan

Gmac ever condemn those right wing would be putschists?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rossfan on November 20, 2020, 05:50:19 PM

I think he's okay with all of those right wing Reichstag burnings and the terrorist plot to kidnap the governor of Michigan.

Quoth Fox News:

The militia group accused of planning to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer previously discussed taking over the state Capitol building and staging a weeklong series of televised executions of public officials, authorities said.

The plot was revealed by the Michigan Attorney General's Office during arguments against the release of Pete Musico, 42, one of eight men facing state terrorism charges in the case, WWMT-TV recently reported. Six others face federal charges for their roles in the thwarted kidnapping plot.

Some of the suspects belonged to the Wolverine Watchmen, an anti-government militia. The group concocted two separate plans during a Second Amendment rally in June in front of the Capitol building in Lansing.

One involved recruiting 200 men to storm the building while lawmakers were in session, according to court documents.

"They were to take hostages, execute tyrants and have it televised," court documents read. "It would take about one week and that no one is coming out alive."

Another plan involved storming the building, locking it and setting it ablaze with lawmakers inside. Musico suggested there were "tactical difficulties" with the plan.

Instead, he developed another, less complicated one to target the homes of elected officials and kidnap them, prosecutors said.

They eventually settled for kidnapping Whitmer, a Democrat, who has been criticized by some for enacting restrictions to combat the spread of the coronavirus. The alleged plot was foiled by the FBI and Michigan State Police.

Gmac

Quote from: Rossfan on November 20, 2020, 05:50:19 PM
im more concerned with the well mannered well dressed thug in Sacramento than a bunch of halfwits in the sticks.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

Just when you thought it was impossible to top Giuliani not knowing the meaning of the word "opacity" and hair dye flowing out of his whatever, today in Rethuglican incompetence:

Republican lawyers confused Michigan with Minnesota in an election lawsuit they eventually lost

A Republican celebrity lawyer allied with President Donald Trump filed a lawsuit in Georgia that confused the states of Michigan and Minnesota.

The lawyer, Lin Wood, is a staunch conservative and asked a court to halt the certification of election results in Georgia, alleging that Georgia's Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, hurt him as a voter by agreeing to a settlement over signature-matching on ballots in March.

Wood's lawsuit included over a dozen affidavits that his lawyers argued proved his case. But one of those affidavits, filed by a Texas resident and cybersecurity expert named Russell Ramsland, centered entirely on election results in Michigan and not Georgia. More than that, as one Georgia lawyer named Andrew Fleischman pointed out, the Ramsland affidavit appeared to confuse Minnesota (MN) for Michigan (MI).

Ramsland highlighted a number of "statistical anomalies and red flags" that he claimed proved "that election results have been manipulated within the Dominion/Premier system in Michigan." Specifically, he said he discovered 19 precincts in Michigan where the number of votes cast in the general election exceeded the number of registered voters in the county.

But Ramsland had confused precincts in Minnesota with those in Michigan. In other words, he "was counting the population of towns in Minnesota, seeing they did not match Michigan towns, and finding fraud," Fleischman wrote.

US District Judge Steven Grimberg, who was appointed by President Donald Trump, dismissed Wood's lawsuit on Thursday, saying, "To halt the certification at literally the eleventh hour would breed confusion and disenfranchisement that I find have no basis in fact and law."

"It is well established that garden-variety election disputes do not rise to the level of a constitutional deprivation," Grimberg ruled. "The fact that his candidate didn't win doesn't rise to the level of harm."

Wood said on Twitter Thursday that he would appeal the decision. On Thursday evening, Georgia completed its risk-limiting audit, in which election officials did a hand recount of the more than five million paper ballots that were cast in the election.

The final tally showed that President-elect Joe Biden received 49.5% of the vote and President Donald Trump received 49.3%, cementing Biden's Georgia's win by more than 12,000 votes and ensuring he will get the state's 16 Electoral College votes. Raffensperger is set to certify the results on Friday.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rossfan on November 20, 2020, 07:38:08 PM
I'll take that as a NO then >:(

You expect these people to condemn white supremacist terrorists? You must be new here.

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 20, 2020, 07:39:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 20, 2020, 07:38:08 PM
I'll take that as a NO then >:(

You expect these people to condemn white supremacist terrorists? You must be new here.
eamon don't leave your home after 10pm gav will have  the gestapo out looking for you.