Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2020, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2020, 01:59:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 01:46:07 PM
Oh-I'm far from smug

When I share what I see with my own two bloody eyes, having lived here for over thirty years,I'm accused of being some type of ultra right wing  zealot on here

It was interesting that someone brought up Brendan Boyle-I had heard him interviewed numerous times and was very impressed by him.

He got primaried from the left, accused of being anti choice.....which is absolutely ludicrous. So if I'm a regular working class "Joe lunch bucket Democrat"  in Boyle's district and let's say he gets unseated.....how's that going to sit with me?

Am I going to stand out holding a sign, contribute money or help mobilize for the new candidate?

Here is Boston, Marty Walsh is getting primaried from the left by a Harvard educated Asian Woman. Marty has done a phenomenal job, but let's say Ayanna Presley comes out and supports Michelle Wu and she unseats Marty. How are the Regan Democrats in South Boston and Quincy going to react to that? 

And then Marty will be painted as a climate denier in the same way that Boyle was painted as anti choice......ie a complete pile of steaming horse manure

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston.com/news/policy/2020/08/24/michelle-wu-green-new-deal-boston/amp

Lots of people get primaried. Both parties have always had fringes populated by unrealistic true believers. Only one has allowed it to fester and infect the whole body.

The GOP is being taken over lock, stock and barrel by the Trump/QAnon personality cult with a ludicrous, deranged charade currently taking place to assuage the mood of the lunatic king facilitated by a bunch of cynical/spineless, power-hungry phonys who are afraid of upsetting the Trump cultists.

Like I said, if Joe Sixpack from South Boston is less upset by the Trump/QAnon lunacy than some "elitest" Harvard liberal, then the GOP is welcome to him.

So you're okay with Boyle being accused of being anti choice and Marty being accused of being a climate denier?

Wow, J70......that's some arrogance on your end......"listen to and obey your betters" springs to mind.

And that my friends is exactly the attitude that's costing the Democrats votes from lifelong supporters....the hijacking of the Working mans/woman's party by the urban elitists and extreme left

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was ok with that. I don't know anything about the specifics of each case. And I'm sure each man has his own operation to counter the rhetoric and lies, if applicable, being leveled against them (I'm pretty f**king certain any man who is mayor of Boston does).

And spare us the elitest bollocks.

On the GOP side you have an entire party now dedicated to the idea that there is no such thing as expertise or knowledge and that anyone who tries to tell them otherwise is some elitest talking down to them. And half the frauds spouting this nonsense are themselves rich professionals educated at elite universities and coming from wealthy backgrounds.

Its pretty f**king clear which is the more dangerous for society.

No-that's EXACTLY what you said

If a regular decent old fashioned Democrat gets beaten in a primary by a pack of lies and a celebrity endorsement of their opponent, Then their supporters should just shut the fvck up and take it.

FFS, here in MA fvckin Barney Frank had to come out of retirement and tell a Planned Parenthood affiliate to stop lying about the records of 2 of the candidates looking to replace Joe Kennedy

Maybe you live in a bubble.....it's completely out of control and the unwillingness to accept its a problem, is actually a bigger issue than the problem itself

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:23:51 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 02:14:45 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 18, 2020, 01:05:34 AM

I will also make a crazy prediction....I actually think Trump could win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

;D ;D ;D

Lol

You are ignoring the 2 most important words "crazy" and "could".

I never said it would happen, I said it could happen, and he did get 8 Million more votes than he did in 2016
He's squirming, this is tremendous  ;D

Your use of the word crazy in relation to yourself is noted, perhaps a tiny drop of self awareness is finally permeating that bubble?

sid waddell

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 02:39:53 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:23:51 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 02:14:45 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 18, 2020, 01:05:34 AM

I will also make a crazy prediction....I actually think Trump could win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

;D ;D ;D

Lol

You are ignoring the 2 most important words "crazy" and "could".

I never said it would happen, I said it could happen, and he did get 8 Million more votes than he did in 2016
He's squirming, this is tremendous  ;D

Your use of the word crazy in relation to yourself is noted, perhaps a tiny drop of self awareness is finally permeating that bubble?

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNN

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2020, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2020, 01:59:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 01:46:07 PM
Oh-I'm far from smug

When I share what I see with my own two bloody eyes, having lived here for over thirty years,I'm accused of being some type of ultra right wing  zealot on here

It was interesting that someone brought up Brendan Boyle-I had heard him interviewed numerous times and was very impressed by him.

He got primaried from the left, accused of being anti choice.....which is absolutely ludicrous. So if I'm a regular working class "Joe lunch bucket Democrat"  in Boyle's district and let's say he gets unseated.....how's that going to sit with me?

Am I going to stand out holding a sign, contribute money or help mobilize for the new candidate?

Here is Boston, Marty Walsh is getting primaried from the left by a Harvard educated Asian Woman. Marty has done a phenomenal job, but let's say Ayanna Presley comes out and supports Michelle Wu and she unseats Marty. How are the Regan Democrats in South Boston and Quincy going to react to that? 

And then Marty will be painted as a climate denier in the same way that Boyle was painted as anti choice......ie a complete pile of steaming horse manure

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston.com/news/policy/2020/08/24/michelle-wu-green-new-deal-boston/amp

Lots of people get primaried. Both parties have always had fringes populated by unrealistic true believers. Only one has allowed it to fester and infect the whole body.

The GOP is being taken over lock, stock and barrel by the Trump/QAnon personality cult with a ludicrous, deranged charade currently taking place to assuage the mood of the lunatic king facilitated by a bunch of cynical/spineless, power-hungry phonys who are afraid of upsetting the Trump cultists.

Like I said, if Joe Sixpack from South Boston is less upset by the Trump/QAnon lunacy than some "elitest" Harvard liberal, then the GOP is welcome to him.

So you're okay with Boyle being accused of being anti choice and Marty being accused of being a climate denier?

Wow, J70......that's some arrogance on your end......"listen to and obey your betters" springs to mind.

And that my friends is exactly the attitude that's costing the Democrats votes from lifelong supporters....the hijacking of the Working mans/woman's party by the urban elitists and extreme left

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was ok with that. I don't know anything about the specifics of each case. And I'm sure each man has his own operation to counter the rhetoric and lies, if applicable, being leveled against them (I'm pretty f**king certain any man who is mayor of Boston does).

And spare us the elitest bollocks.

On the GOP side you have an entire party now dedicated to the idea that there is no such thing as expertise or knowledge and that anyone who tries to tell them otherwise is some elitest talking down to them. And half the frauds spouting this nonsense are themselves rich professionals educated at elite universities and coming from wealthy backgrounds.

Its pretty f**king clear which is the more dangerous for society.

No-that's EXACTLY what you said

If a regular decent old fashioned Democrat gets beaten in a primary by a pack of lies and a celebrity endorsement of their opponent, Then their supporters should just shut the fvck up and take it.

FFS, here in MA fvckin Barney Frank had to come out of retirement and tell a Planned Parenthood affiliate to stop lying about the records of 2 of the candidates looking to replace Joe Kennedy

Maybe you live in a bubble.....it's completely out of control and the unwillingness to accept its a problem, is actually a bigger issue than the problem itself

No, its NOT what I said.

I said both parties have extremes, but only one has allowed the extremes to take over. That means that most of the Democratic extremists are beaten back, in case you can't extrapolate.

And if someone is LESS offended by the extremist GOP party as a whole than some individual Democrat, then the GOP is welcome to them.

FFS the Dems nominated a mild centrist for president, and you're here lecturing us about Democratic extremism and elitests.

whitey

Well maybe it a not what you intended to say, but it's what you said.

If you don't accept an extremist coup against a perfectly good decent Democrat, then the GOP are welcome to you

Don't believe me.....people in your own party are saying it!

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:43:49 PM

One of your more articulate, considered posts, to be fair

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 02:55:07 PM

YYYYYAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNN

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:50:08 PM

If you don't accept an extremist coup against a perfectly good decent Democrat, then the GOP are welcome to you

Its a two-party system.

Sometimes your own party is going to put up a candidate you don't like.

When that happens, you're option is to stick with your own party, to abstain, or to vote for the other party.

In this case, the other party has sold its soul to an irrational, anti-intellectual rabble that is currently a personality cult in the service of Donald Trump.

If the occasional objectionable candidate from your own party is driving you into the arms of the GOP, then I don't know what to tell you.

sid waddell

You need to look up what "extremist coup" is because you haven't the faintest idea of what it is

It's what the Republicans are currently trying to carry out

You literally haven't the first clue about how American democracy works

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 02:55:07 PM

YYYYYAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNN
I think you've dropped some whiskey on your keyboard

Very early in the day for it

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2020, 02:56:43 PM

Its a two-party system.

When that happens, you're option is to stick with your own party, to abstain, or to vote for the other party.

In this case, the other party has sold its soul to an irrational, anti-intellectual rabble that is currently a personality cult in the service of Donald Trump.

If the occasional objectionable candidate from your own party is driving you into the arms of the GOP, then I don't know what to tell you.

Big difference between a party putting up a candidate you don't like and a party taking out a really good candidate that you do like, through lies distortions and outside money and endorsements

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 03:15:35 PM

Its a two-party system.

Big difference between a party putting up a candidate you don't like and a party taking out a really good candidate that you do like, through lies distortions and outside money and endorsements
You don't understand the American democratic process

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 03:25:11 PM

Its a two-party system.

YYYYYYAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 03:26:13 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 03:25:11 PM

Its a two-party system.

YYYYYYAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN
Get that keyboard fixed

And learn about the American democratic process for selecting candidates

Because you haven't a clue about it