The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Steve Bannon yesterday called for the beheading of Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray and for their heads be put on pikes at the White House

He meant it too, he's a total nihilist, as is Trump

No respect whatsoever should be paid to the nihilist ideology of the Republican party

It should be treated like the KKK is treated, as an existential threat, because it is, it's the modern equivalent of Salem and the flat earthers

This really cannot be repeated enough times

It needs to be disbanded and repudiated

whitey

Quote from: LCohen on November 06, 2020, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 06, 2020, 02:22:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 02:13:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 06, 2020, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 01:51:36 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 06, 2020, 01:43:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 01:16:25 PM
I would expect the Democrats have a great chance of taking both GA Senate seats

Then the fun and games will begin, because Joe is going to have to enact a VERY progressive agenda

Democrats are already losing ground in the House and could face a severe backlash in two years at the midterms.

2020 showed us (me anyway) that the Republicans are far from finished.  In spite of everything that was one heck of a turnout for Trump in the middle of a pandemic

Regarding people voting or not voting.....it has been reported that Colin Kaepernick has never even bothered to register....EVER

You don't find this and Trump's conduct all week (and probably to come) even slightly disturbing?

No more disturbing than concocting a fake dossier and using it to spy on an opponents campaign staff

Did you read about what was said in Nancy Pelosis call yesterday.....that would explain (in my opinion) why Trump got such a great vote

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/failure-house-democrats-grapple-surprise-2020-losses/story%3fid=74048497

Assuming for the sake of argument that what you say is all correct, you're comparing that incident to the complete surrender of almost the entire US conservative movement to becoming an irrational conspiracy movement dedicated primarily to the Trump cult of personality?

I have been saying for years that Democrats were losing the working class vote (and everyone in here completely disagrees with me)

What did Andrew Yang say yesterday? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/andrew-yang-criticizes-democratic-party-says-people-think-they-care-more-about-policing-cultural-1545354%3famp=1

The girl who cuts my hair and makes no more than $60K a year is a fvckin Trump supporter who lives in a big blue collar town.....I was blown away

Well she owns a 3 family house. None of her tenants work, never have-never will, yet get every handout under the sun and have zero accountability for any of the (bad)decisions they make

She left school at 16-works 10 hours a day, 6 days a week and takes one vacation per year to NH.

So what has Trump done to help her economic or social situation?

That's a great question

Probably not as much as she thinks, but he did cut her taxes by about $1500

It's more nuanced than that though. She told me this story years ago about her tenants selling their food stamps. They all smoke, they all drink, they all have kids who's fathers don't work or pay child support. So when Trump cuts food stamps and she personally knows people who are flat out abusing the system, that's a huge plus for Trump in her book.

How did Trump fund that tax cut?

By increasing the deficit I believe

I never said I was in favor of it BTW. It benefited me but I would have preferred not getting it unless it was paid for

dec

That's a great question

It's more nuanced than that though. She told me this story years ago about her tenants selling their food stamps. They all smoke, they all drink, they all have kids who's fathers don't work or pay child support. So when Trump cuts food stamps and she personally knows people who are flat out abusing the system, that's a huge plus for Trump in her book. 

So the ultimate source of her rental income is the tax payer.

whitey

Quote from: dec on November 06, 2020, 05:52:24 PM

That's a great question

Who said that?

People can be on various forms of welfare and yet not receive section 8 payments

In fact, given the amount of time she spends in court I highly doubt it.

dec

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 05:59:07 PM

That's a great question

Who said that?

People can be on various forms of welfare and yet not receive section 8 payments

"Well she owns a 3 family house. None of her tenants work, never have-never will, yet get every handout under the sun and have zero accountability for any of the (bad)decisions they make"

Where do her tenants get the money to pay rent?

whitey

Quote from: dec on November 06, 2020, 06:01:07 PM

That's a great question

Who said that?

"Well she owns a 3 family house. None of her tenants work, never have-never will, yet get every handout under the sun and have zero accountability for any of the (bad)decisions they make"

Selling drugs, family members who are glad to be shut of them, shoplifting, scamming etc. Oh and the biggest scam believe it or not, is some of them actually sublet.

A person with half decent credit will sign the lease, then let other people live there and charge them rent.

dec

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 06:04:23 PM

That's a great question

Who said that?

Selling drugs, family members who are glad to be shut of them, shoplifting, scamming etc

So the source of her rental income is crime.

Gabriel_Hurl

always fun to see "story time with whitey"

screenexile

Here lads why hasn't this been called yet??

The longer it's not the longer Trump gets to spout his nonsense the longer he's legitimised... they need to pull the finger out!!

sid waddell

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 06, 2020, 06:07:38 PM
He has a very active imagination

I suppose you have to have when you live in a paranoid, dystopian world of fantasy, entirely divorced from the real world

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on November 06, 2020, 06:09:37 PM

The longer it's not the longer Trump gets to spout his nonsense the longer he's legitimised... they need to pull the finger out!!

Nah, it's death by a 1000 cuts for Trump....the longer it takes to count and legitimise the votes, the harder it will be for him to challenge. Even Fox News aren't buying the illegal votes issue. Gaps are too big. Some craic if he hunkers down and the Secret Service have to arrest him on Inauguration Day!

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 06, 2020, 06:11:52 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 06, 2020, 06:07:38 PM
He has a very active imagination

I suppose you have to have when you live in a paranoid, dystopian world of fantasy, entirely divorced from the real world

Believe what you want Sid.... the Dems are losing the working class vote.

You know, people who work hard, obey the law and raise their family types

I get my hair cut once a month and always enjoy hearing about her latest battles in housing court. She could actually write a book....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 06, 2020, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 06, 2020, 06:09:37 PM

Nah, it's death by a 1000 cuts for Trump....the longer it takes to count and legitimise the votes, the harder it will be for him to challenge. Even Fox News aren't buying the illegal votes issue. Gaps are too big. Some craic if he hunkers down and the Secret Service have to arrest him on Inauguration Day!

Will he even turn up for that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Let's apply the same right wing newspeak which is always applied to rich spongers like Trump, but is never, ever applied to poor people who were given little chance to ever advance in a rigged society

"The tenants are sovereign, free individuals

They are maximising their personal utility

Fair play to them, a lot of miserable begrudgery out there towards such people"

Right wingers apply entirely different rules to rich and poor

Right wingers love the real spongers - the sponging rich