The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on November 05, 2020, 12:29:19 PM
Apparently 25K more votes left in GA, with Trump 18K ahead.

Hard to see Biden getting enough of those to win.

This f**ker's going to come down to PA.

Anyone else getting nervous about Trump eking out another razor-thin series of victories across multiple states like he did four years ago?
My understanding is that there is a confusion between the amount of votes that are left to be counted and the amount that still have to be reported

From what I can make out, 25k votes remain to be actually counted, but there are a further 45k votes that have been counted but not yet added to the results

I'm cautiously optimistic that that is enough road for Biden to move ahead

However I would not put anything past the Republicans, particularly in Georgia which is one of the most insidious voter suppression regimes in the US

Farrandeelin

NV..
Same numbers as yesterday. What the hell?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sid waddell

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1324346056499486720

After saying earlier this AM there are fewer than 25K absentee ballots left, Georgia's secretary of state has corrected the number to the same count the data shows: About 50K left. That doesn't include provisionals, military and overseas ballots & ballots that are cured. #gapol

CNN are reporting 50k left as well

My understanding is that ballots with "mistakes" can be "cured" in Georgia until 4pm tomorrow

I don't know what the process for that is

OgraAnDun

Quote from: sid waddell on November 05, 2020, 01:52:56 PM

Anyone else getting nervous about Trump eking out another razor-thin series of victories across multiple states like he did four years ago?
My understanding is that there is a confusion between the amount of votes that are left to be counted and the amount that still have to be reported

From what I can make out, 25k votes remain to be actually counted, but there are a further 45k votes that have been counted but not yet added to the results

However I would not put anything past the Republicans, particularly in Georgia which is one of the most insidious voter suppression regimes in the US

BBC now reporting that Georgia has 50k votes left to be counted (no idea on what's to be reported).

LCohen

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 05, 2020, 02:00:43 PM
NV..
Same numbers as yesterday. What the hell?

They are counting but not doing interim updates. Just have to wait on the final result. Postal votes take longer to count

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: sid waddell on November 05, 2020, 02:03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1324346056499486720

After saying earlier this AM there are fewer than 25K absentee ballots left, Georgia's secretary of state has corrected the number to the same count the data shows: About 50K left. That doesn't include provisionals, military and overseas ballots & ballots that are cured. #gapol

CNN are reporting 50k left as well

My understanding is that ballots with "mistakes" can be "cured" in Georgia until 4pm tomorrow

I don't know what the process for that is

Democrat volunteers do phone banks.  They call the voters whose ballots need curing, and try to have them come correct them.  This would be possible (in some states) for things like a mistakenly spelled address, or (e.g.) someone put down their date of birth for the voting date.

RedHand88

armaghniac

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 05, 2020, 02:03:29 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 05, 2020, 01:52:56 PM

BBC now reporting that Georgia has 50k votes left to be counted (no idea on what's to be reported).

NY Times stated 61,367. Biden would need two thirds of these to pass out the Bollix. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hound

Down to a 120k gap in PA, but only 35k votes left in Pittsburgh's county, which are just subject to investigation.

Georgia gap down to 14k, but 98% now in.

Nailbiter.

J70

Hound

Nevada has started drip-feeding. Biden's lead up from 7k to 12k. estimated 87% votes in

mouview

Quote from: Hound on November 05, 2020, 05:02:42 PM
Down to a 120k gap in PA, but only 35k votes left in Pittsburgh's county, which are just subject to investigation.

Georgia gap down to 14k, but 98% now in.

Nailbiter.

Trump desperately hoping the finishing line comes before the fuel runs out.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose