The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: HiMucker on November 02, 2020, 04:14:43 PM
GMAC if Biden wins can I buy your MAGA hat off ye?
i don't have one and if I did I wouldn't wear it I don't want to invite violence on myself by unhinged liberals..

Rudi

Quote from: Gmac on November 02, 2020, 05:48:47 PM
i don't have one and if I did I wouldn't wear it I don't want to invite violence on myself by unhinged liberals..

That's a good reply and accurate to.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rudi on November 02, 2020, 06:05:05 PM

Would you two like to be alone?

joemamas

Quote from: Hound on November 02, 2020, 04:24:13 PM
Quote from: rory on November 02, 2020, 11:52:37 AM
So anyone fancy a prediction. I really think Trump will win with maybe one state less than last time. Polls seem to be tightening and recent history shows that the polls skew left.
Hope I'm wrong but I fear 4 more years of Trump.
North Carolina going to be one of the first important states that we get a handle on.
Biden wins that and he should be in for a reasonably comfortable night, but if it goes Trump's way, then we've a battle on our hands.

Florida the next key one. Biden wins that and I think he'll get to 270 by the end of a long night. Trump wins and we're going down to the wire and Pennsylvania will be the decisive state and we won't have a result on the night. By the end of the night Trump will likely be ahead in PA, but it'll be Friday before a result is in and the postal votes could swing it Biden's way. This could be the biggest public order disaster. Trump claims victory on the night based on partial votes but loses when all the votes are counted and chaos on the streets ensues.

I just watched a CNN interview with someone from the Trafalgar polling group. These guys were apparently the only ones who got Trump getting 306 last time (albeit a couple of states wrong but cancelled each other out). They're saying the Trump embarrassment factor is real and they are calling Trump getting 275 - even without PA and WI which they say are too tight to call. But Trafalgar are calling NC, Florida, Arizona and Michigan all for Trump. 

CNN themselves on the other hand are calling PA, MI, WI and AZ all blue and have Biden getting 290 (and possible more as they say Florida, NC and Georgia are too close to call).

Actually just on my way back from Florida after a five day trip.
I would be very surprised if the President does not win Florida.
He is very popular, whether it was taxi drivers, Bartenders, folks I chatted to poolside, a lot of people love him and unlike other states, they are not afraid to express their opinion.

LCohen

Quote from: five points on November 02, 2020, 10:07:08 AM
Quote from: Roesider on November 02, 2020, 10:04:36 AM
There is a transition period but he is still in place until Biden's inauguration

The presumption here is gas. Nothing learned since 2016.

Gas you say? Why so? What presumption has Roesider made?

J70

Quote from: Rudi on November 02, 2020, 06:05:05 PM

Yeah, if there's one thing I've seen driving through NYC, upstate NY and the Philadelphia suburbs in recent weeks its that Trump supporters are deathly afraid and absolutely NOT in anyone's face about their candidate. ::)

sid waddell

Republicans' bullshit case to try and get 127k votes thrown out in Texas has been summarily rejected by ultra conservative judge Andrew Hanen

LCohen

Quote from: five points on November 02, 2020, 01:10:37 PM
Trump to win, by a big enough margin that it's over by Wednesday morning.
You are predicting that by Wednesday morning Trumps lead in the potential swing states will be bigger than the amount of uncounted votes at that point? What is your reasoning?

LCohen

Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 01:24:55 PM
No winner to be announced until December
Very possible. Beyond the 14th December and you have a constitutional crisis. Before that you still have a political crisis.

The important thing is that the votes get cast and get counted

RedHand88

Want to know what the next few days and weeks will be like? Watch the movie "Recount". This is going to be this generations "hanging chad" moment.

LCohen

Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2020, 02:24:59 PM
I think this was a sneaky back door way of getting Harris elected as President
So the whole lengthy Democrat primary process was just a charade?? What is that based on?

and I fvckin hate her

Hate is a strong word. A lazy figure of speech? If so try harder. Or do you genuinely hate her? If so why?

LCohen

Do you oppose violence or just violence against you?

Asking for a nation

Main Street

Won't the Florida result be in among the first? If Biden wins there then it's all over for Trump early doors, no amount of  whining and whinging  can pull a defeat in Florida out of the fire. Even if he wins Florida but loses in Georgia, he's still cooked.  But if Trump wins in Georgia by a decent margin similar to 2016  then I'd be worried about the rest.

J70

Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2020, 08:48:45 PM
I think this was a sneaky back door way of getting Harris elected as President
So the whole lengthy Democrat primary process was just a charade?? What is that based on?

Its not based on anything rational or logical.

and I fvckin hate her

Hate is a strong word. A lazy figure of speech? If so try harder. Or do you genuinely hate her? If so why?

She was "mean" to Justice Kavanaugh. Therefore whitey loathes her and most of the dirty Democrats and media.

RedHand88

Quote from: Main Street on November 02, 2020, 09:02:10 PM
Won't the Florida result be in among the first? If Biden wins there then it's all over for Trump early doors, no amount of  whining and whinging  can pull a defeat in Florida out of the fire. Even if he wins Florida but loses in Georgia, he's still cooked.  But if Trump wins in Georgia by a decent margin similar to 2016  then I'd be worried about the rest.

Florida usually are on the ball yes.