The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: Rudi on November 02, 2020, 01:05:45 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 02, 2020, 01:01:38 PM
Unless it's a landslide win Trump will not go quietly. Even with a landslide win I reckon he will make life as difficult as possible for Biden to take over from him and wouldn't be surprised if he raises some constitutional crisis or other. I genuinely believe that anything other than a Trump win will see chaos

I can see the same thing happening on here if Trump wins. Absolute chaos on gaaboard.  ;D

:D
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sid waddell

Unless it's a landslide win Trump will not go quietly. Even with a landslide win I reckon he will make life as difficult as possible for Biden to take over from him and wouldn't be surprised if he raises some constitutional crisis or other. I genuinely believe that anything other than a Trump win will see chaos
Chaos is an inevitability because Trump cannot win legitimately

There is a very good chance that some very weird and worrying shit could go down, expect anything

Violence from Trump supporters is all but an inevitability

If the fraud that Trump plans is enough to enable him to "win" - note the inverted commas, Trump supporters will see that as carte blanche to engage in a wave of violence against vulnerable minorities

Everything is on the line tomorrow

America must not fail, if it does, it will have disastrous ramifications not just for America, but for the world

As a species, we already face existential problems - if Trump remains in power, the driving force of power in the world will remain that which rejects science, reason and truth and supports nihilism and serfdom for everybody outside the richest 0.1%

And this will spread further around the world

We have no hope of solving collective problems while this cancerous evil ideology dominates

whitey

I'm expecting a Biden win, but won't be surprised if Trump pulls off a repeat of 2016

I just can't see how all the polls can be wrong again

I heard Ed Rendell on POTUS last week and he said there's a 2-3% undercount of Trump support in the polls. Add in a 2-3 % MOE and now all of a sudden a poll that shows Biden up 6 could be much tighter that expected

LOL-and don't kid yourself.... it's not just people who are embarrassed to admit voting for Trump. Every single Trump supporter I know lies to the pollsters to lull the Democrats into a false sense of security

I think we are in for a few surprises tomorrow night.

Personally I'm fine with Biden, but I'd be shocked if he lasts 4 years. I think this was a sneaky back door way of getting Harris elected as President and I fvckin hate her

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on November 02, 2020, 02:04:35 PM

There is a very good chance that some very weird and worrying shit could go down, expect anything

If the fraud that Trump plans is enough to enable him to "win" - note the inverted commas, Trump supporters will see that as carte blanche to engage in a wave of violence against vulnerable minorities

America must not fail, if it does, it will have disastrous ramifications not just for America, but for the world

As a species, we already face existential problems - if Trump remains in power, the driving force of power in the world will remain that which rejects science, reason and truth and supports nihilism and serfdom for everybody outside the richest 0.1%

We have no hope of solving collective problems while this cancerous evil ideology dominates

I think you might be going a bit over the top there.

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 02, 2020, 01:48:05 PM
Quote from: Rudi on November 02, 2020, 01:05:45 PM

I can see the same thing happening on here if Trump wins. Absolute chaos on gaaboard.  ;D

:D

If only it WERE a laughing matter.

Roesider

Looks like most american cities are boarding up businesses in the event that Trump loses and his supporters go out and wreck everything.

It's very sad that this is what happens in a democracy.

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 02, 2020, 02:30:04 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 02, 2020, 02:04:35 PM

I think you might be going a bit over the top there.
And yet the people who were constantly gaslit as being "over the top" for the last five years have continually been proven to be far more accurate in their predictions than the people who portrayed themselves as "adults in the room" and told people they were "over reacting" and "hysterical"

The doomsayers have been continually proven correct

There's a terrible denial here about what's at stake and what could happen

If Trump stays in power, the prospect of the US breaking apart, Soviet Union style, would not be outlandish

When the Republican right started their insane culture wars in the early 90s, you could probably go back 20 years before that at least actually, they set in train a chain of events that has led to this moment

But this moment could lead to somewhere else entirely

What consumes the Republican party now is not unlike the extreme Islamist ideology that Saudi Arabia spread throughout the world over the last 50 years

It is certainly comparable in terms of fanaticism, of being impenetrable to reason

whitey

Quote from: Roesider on November 02, 2020, 02:44:42 PM
Looks like most american cities are boarding up businesses in the event that Trump loses and his supporters go out and wreck everything.

Lol

Quite the opposite.

Taylor

Quote from: Roesider on November 02, 2020, 02:44:42 PM

Most American cities are boarding up business' because no matter who wins the fear is there will be riots

sid waddell

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/01/democracy-fascism-global-trump-biden-election

Scholars warn of collapse of democracy as Trump v Biden election looms
Dozens of experts on fascism warn of global danger, calling for action from ordinary people: 'It is not too late'

----

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/26/republican-party-autocratic-hungary-turkey-study-trump

Republicans closely resemble autocratic parties in Hungary and Turkey – study
Swedish university finds 'dramatic shift' in GOP under Trump, shunning democratic norms and encouraging violence

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2020, 02:24:59 PMEvery single Trump supporter I know lies to the pollsters to lull the Democrats into a false sense of security

LOLOLOL - that'll show them

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 02, 2020, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2020, 02:24:59 PMEvery single Trump supporter I know lies to the pollsters to lull the Democrats into a false sense of security

LOLOLOL - that'll show them

Unsurprisingly, Trump supporters like the man himself, are liars.

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on November 02, 2020, 02:52:57 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/01/democracy-fascism-global-trump-biden-election

Scholars warn of collapse of democracy as Trump v Biden election looms
Dozens of experts on fascism warn of global danger, calling for action from ordinary people: 'It is not too late'

----

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/26/republican-party-autocratic-hungary-turkey-study-trump

Republicans closely resemble autocratic parties in Hungary and Turkey – study
Swedish university finds 'dramatic shift' in GOP under Trump, shunning democratic norms and encouraging violence
cities are bracing themselves all over the country for violence if Trump wins will that be excited Trump supporters or antifa and blm out for another four years of mayhem.
Trump supporters slowing up a bus on the freeway Biden supporters wreck shot fronts attack police and loot hundreds of millions of dollars worth of merchandise.

HiMucker

GMAC if Biden wins can I buy your MAGA hat off ye?

Hound

Quote from: rory on November 02, 2020, 11:52:37 AM
So anyone fancy a prediction. I really think Trump will win with maybe one state less than last time. Polls seem to be tightening and recent history shows that the polls skew left.
Hope I'm wrong but I fear 4 more years of Trump.
North Carolina going to be one of the first important states that we get a handle on.
Biden wins that and he should be in for a reasonably comfortable night, but if it goes Trump's way, then we've a battle on our hands.

Florida the next key one. Biden wins that and I think he'll get to 270 by the end of a long night. Trump wins and we're going down to the wire and Pennsylvania will be the decisive state and we won't have a result on the night. By the end of the night Trump will likely be ahead in PA, but it'll be Friday before a result is in and the postal votes could swing it Biden's way. This could be the biggest public order disaster. Trump claims victory on the night based on partial votes but loses when all the votes are counted and chaos on the streets ensues.

I just watched a CNN interview with someone from the Trafalgar polling group. These guys were apparently the only ones who got Trump getting 306 last time (albeit a couple of states wrong but cancelled each other out). They're saying the Trump embarrassment factor is real and they are calling Trump getting 275 - even without PA and WI which they say are too tight to call. But Trafalgar are calling NC, Florida, Arizona and Michigan all for Trump. 

CNN themselves on the other hand are calling PA, MI, WI and AZ all blue and have Biden getting 290 (and possible more as they say Florida, NC and Georgia are too close to call).