Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: five points on September 25, 2020, 12:50:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 25, 2020, 12:24:50 PM
Quote from: five points on September 25, 2020, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 25, 2020, 07:56:38 AM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

That source's homepage  ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/

And??

There is literally at least a dozen different pollng outfits listed as the source for 538's piece.

The graph shows the spread very nicely in green and orange.

Its homepage confirms that it's still a ridiculously partisan source. And in the US it's easy to find "at least a dozen" pollster sources that will say whatever you want them to say.

It does nothing of the sort.

538 is highly reputable and Nate Silver very respected. Along with Real Clear Politics it is the leading compiler of polling data from across the board.

But, don't mind me, go ahead and post some of what you consider legitimate poll material on Trump's job approval.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on September 25, 2020, 02:17:43 PM
Quote from: five points on September 25, 2020, 12:50:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 25, 2020, 12:24:50 PM
Quote from: five points on September 25, 2020, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 25, 2020, 07:56:38 AM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

That source's homepage  ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/

And??

There is literally at least a dozen different pollng outfits listed as the source for 538's piece.

The graph shows the spread very nicely in green and orange.

Its homepage confirms that it's still a ridiculously partisan source. And in the US it's easy to find "at least a dozen" pollster sources that will say whatever you want them to say.

It does nothing of the sort.

538 is highly reputable and Nate Silver very respected. Along with Real Clear Politics it is the leading compiler of polling data from across the board.

But, don't mind me, go ahead and post some of what you consider legitimate poll material on Trump's job approval.
That poster thinks anything even slightly to the left of the Daily Stormer is a communist rag

J70

538 also has jumped around from one media company to another over the years. They were under the NY Times for a while, then ESPN, then moved to ESPN's sister company ABC.

Silver operates it though, not those companies.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 25, 2020, 03:15:11 PM
538 also has jumped around from one media company to another over the years. They were under the NY Times for a while, then ESPN, then moved to ESPN's sister company ABC.

are they reporting  anything about the new revelations about the Flynn case the, mueller hoax or the Biden's being more corrupt than the clintons ?  no didn't think so

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gmac on September 25, 2020, 06:42:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 25, 2020, 03:15:11 PM

are they reporting  anything about the new revelations about the Flynn case the, mueller hoax or the Biden's being more corrupt than the clintons ?  no didn't think so

538 reports polling data, not Fox News talking points.

Eamonnca1

Friendly reminder that the right is by far the biggest threat to American lives today. Bigger than any supposed threat from the left, bigger than any threat from jihadists, and these terrorists are now being celebrated by mainstream Rethuglicans.

Gmac

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 25, 2020, 03:18:31 AM
Quote from: Gmac on September 25, 2020, 03:12:24 AM
Less than a week to first debate , will joe show ?

There's no show like a Joe show.
joe might think he's 17 again and  swing for trump , wonder will he conveniently be exposed to someone with covid and go into quarantine .

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 24, 2020, 10:51:29 PM
Meanwhile, Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf
Another corrupt Wolf of (Build the) Wall Street

Quotehttps://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/1308965648668729344

Something you may have missing in the scandal blizzard:
Since Chad Wolf started working for DHS, his wife's firm has received millions in DHS contracts. (Wolf is in the midst of being formally confirmed after running DHS illegally for months.)

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on September 25, 2020, 08:53:03 PM

joe might think he's 17 again and  swing for trump , wonder will he conveniently be exposed to someone with covid and go into quarantine .
It's Trump who's into swinging with 17 year olds, mate

Although he apparently likes them much younger than that

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on September 25, 2020, 09:19:34 PM

who will you be voting for again ?

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 25, 2020, 07:44:22 PM
Friendly reminder that the right is by far the biggest threat to American lives today. Bigger than any supposed threat from the left, bigger than any threat from jihadists, and these terrorists are now being celebrated by mainstream Rethuglicans.

Trump goon in the media blaming Breonna Taylor for her own murder now

I don't even want to imagine the rationalisation somebody could dream up for saying such a thing

I hope he never has a daughter that gets murdered by police for no reason - he's white and wealthy, so luckily for him, he won't

https://www.mediamatters.org/grant-stinchfield/newsmaxs-grant-stinchfield-blames-breonna-taylor-her-own-killing-she-made-some

Newsmax's Grant Stinchfield blames Breonna Taylor for her own killing: "She made some awful choices along the way

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on September 25, 2020, 09:26:31 PM

I won't be voting as I live in Éire

You seem to have a problem with people who don't live in America having perfectly legitimate opinions about America

That seems like cancel culture to me, telling people whose opinion you don't like to shut up

Your silence on the Trump paedophilia allegation is noted

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on September 25, 2020, 09:36:07 PM

You seem to have a problem with people who don't live in America having perfectly legitimate opinions about America

That seems like cancel culture to me, telling people whose opinion you don't like to shut up

Your opinions are formed by podcasts or twitter though not real life experiences.
Like the guy at the pub telling you who played well in a game down the local gaa field but he never goes to any game . When I am the loudest most prolific poster on an Irish political thread please tell me to stfu .

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on September 25, 2020, 09:51:45 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 25, 2020, 09:36:07 PM

Your opinions are formed by podcasts or twitter though not real life experiences.
Like the guy at the pub telling you who played well in a game down the local gaa field but he never goes to any game . When I am the loudest most prolific poster on an Irish political thread please tell me to stfu .
My views are formed by facts, by the truth

Your opinions are certainly not formed by real life experiences, no more than they are by facts

You sound like somebody who spends their life in a broom cupboard

No offence

But you come across as one of thickest eejits to ever lay fingers on a keyboard

And you're still silent on the Trump paedophilia allegation, which is highly credible

People are therefore entitled to draw their own conclusions about what your own views on paedophilia are likely to be