The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

sid waddell

Utter weasel words from Trump over the Navalny poisoning, Germany and NATO are quite clear that Navalny was poisoned with a substance only available to the Russian government, the dogs on the street know what happened, and all Trump can say is "oooooh, lay off Russia, why aren't you talking about Jina" - where incidentally Trump supports the Uyghur concentration camps

Says nothing about the Russians offering prize money for killing US troops

He's sooooo badly compromised by the Russians

It's absolutely mad the way 40% of the American people now believe that true "American patriotism" is when you're being controlled and manipulated by Russia

J70

Quote from: LeoMc on September 04, 2020, 08:09:11 PM
I would not judge the very necessary BLM protests by the actions of a fee in their midst. I would not condone the actions of those extremists.
I would not judge the Police by the actions of a few in their midst. I would not condone the actions of those extremists.

Problem is that the police in general have a poor track record when it comes to the actions of the few in their midst. A bit like the Catholic church. It may be a minority, but the institution has protected them. The blue wall of silence is real and the fascist police unions are still trying to bully all around who question anything to do with policing. We've yet another case in Rochester NY this week going back six months where the officers involved were only suspending THIS WEEK because a video was released. And if body cams and phone technology hadn't advanced to where it currently is, BLM would never have happened.

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on September 05, 2020, 10:48:09 AM
Utter weasel words from Trump over the Navalny poisoning, Germany and NATO are quite clear that Navalny was poisoned with a substance only available to the Russian government, the dogs on the street know what happened, and all Trump can say is "oooooh, lay off Russia, why aren't you talking about Jina" - where incidentally Trump supports the Uyghur concentration camps

Says nothing about the Russians offering prize money for killing US troops

He's sooooo badly compromised by the Russians

It's absolutely mad the way 40% of the American people now believe that true "American patriotism" is when you're being controlled and manipulated by Russia

Yes, but none of that matters one iota to the GOP and his supporters because, you know, commie Democrats and their gays and feminists and muslims and blacks and Mexicans and environazis are going to take their guns away and destroy Murica.

omochain

Well put J70. That's sums it up almost perfectly. Throw in life before birth "trumping" life after birth and you have them nailed.

LeoMc

Quote from: J70 on September 05, 2020, 01:18:45 PM
I would not judge the very necessary BLM protests by the actions of a fee in their midst. I would not condone the actions of those extremists.
I would not judge the Police by the actions of a few in their midst. I would not condone the actions of those extremists.

Problem is that the police in general have a poor track record when it comes to the actions of the few in their midst. A bit like the Catholic church. It may be a minority, but the institution has protected them. The blue wall of silence is real and the fascist police unions are still trying to bully all around who question anything to do with policing. We've yet another case in Rochester NY this week going back six months where the officers involved were only suspending THIS WEEK because a video was released. And if body cams and phone technology hadn't advanced to where it currently is, BLM would never have happened.
Police do not have a good track record in cleaning up their act. The blue wall of silence is still there and there do not appear to be legitimate efforts to break it down. That does not mean unacceptable behaviour from the very small minority using BLM as a cover for looting should not be called out.

J70

Quote from: LeoMc on September 05, 2020, 11:28:48 PM

Police do not have a good track record in cleaning up their act. The blue wall of silence is still there and there do not appear to be legitimate efforts to break it down. That does not mean unacceptable behaviour from the very small minority using BLM as a cover for looting should not be called out.

Of course it deserves to be called out.

But the police are an official, powerful state institution, supposedly representative of and accountable to the citizenry, not a loose coalition of activists or their hangers-on/co-opters.

Roesider

Whatever side of politics you fall under the idea that Nancy Pelosi can flout rules to get her hair done while scolding regular folk is a pretty bad optic. Would remind you of a bunch of lads going to play golf in Galway.

Phil Hogan could have taken a leaf from her book on how to deny and shift blame. The salon owes HER an apology!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTaRKH7bzQ

J70

Quote from: Roesider on September 06, 2020, 12:49:18 AM
Whatever side of politics you fall under the idea that Nancy Pelosi can flout rules to get her hair done while scolding regular folk is a pretty bad optic. Would remind you of a bunch of lads going to play golf in Galway.

Phil Hogan could have taken a leaf from her book on how to deny and shift blame. The salon owes HER an apology!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTaRKH7bzQ

Yes, she got caught red-handed.

Whether or not the salon owner set it up and has been flouting the rules herself all along, utterly stupid on Pelosi's part.

Nowhere near as embarrassing as the Dear Leader getting caught once again disparaging dead and injured troops and the bootlickers falling over themselves to defend him, mind you.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on September 06, 2020, 12:21:06 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 05, 2020, 11:28:48 PM

Of course it deserves to be called out.

But the police are an official, powerful state institution, supposedly representative of and accountable to the citizenry, not a loose coalition of activists or their hangers-on/co-opters.
Indeed. If you have one bad cop and 99 good cops, but the 99 good cops circle the wagons and defend the bad one, you've got 100 bad cops.

Gabriel_Hurl

So the arsehole in chief is now on tape saying he downplayed the severity of the COVID pandemic.

Roesider

Have to say its very coincidental that Trump gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize just as hes been trying to say he is a peacetime president to the electorate and that Joe Biden is a warmonger. What timing that was. Whats the chances of him winning it?

RedHand88

Quote from: Roesider on September 09, 2020, 11:20:03 PM
Have to say its very coincidental that Trump gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize just as hes been trying to say he is a peacetime president to the electorate and that Joe Biden is a warmonger. What timing that was. Whats the chances of him winning it?

If Obama can win it anything is possible.

Gabriel_Hurl

Anyone can be nominated for it. This is the second time he's been nominated for it - and by the same person.

A far-right Norwegian MP who is anti-immigration, islamaphobic and a climate change denier.  He's also part of the same party that terrorist Anders Breivik was part of.

Eamonnca1

Trump: Caravan! Antifa! Cities are war zones! They're coming to take your guns! No more Christmas! Illegals are voting in the millions! Mexicans are rapists! China! Deep state!

Also Trump: I didn't want to cause a panic.