The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

So what about Trump trying to stop hospitals from reporting COVID 19 data to the CDC but instead to the HHS... with the threat being no federal funding coming their way if they try to report to HHS and CDC.
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 16, 2020, 07:40:05 PM
So what about Trump trying to stop hospitals from reporting COVID 19 data to the CDC but instead to the HHS... with the threat being no federal funding coming their way if they try to report to HHS and CDC.

Have to keep a tight leash on that information.

Can have spiraling numbers jeopardizing re-election plans.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2020, 07:35:36 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 16, 2020, 07:09:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2020, 09:51:02 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 16, 2020, 04:41:09 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 15, 2020, 05:56:48 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 14, 2020, 03:22:39 PM
17 people shot in nyc in one day ,wonder is de blassio worried about this or is he planning another painting project.

Yeah, I'm sure he's out there right now spray painting all the Trump properties in the city (at least those that still have Trump's name on them) and wiring up One Police Plaza for demolition as we speak.

You're a wee bit obsessed with a mayor who lives in and whose power is limited to a city 3000 miles away from you.
not at all just concerned that your mayor is getting  the people he wants to protect killed with his insane policies .

Such as?
disbanding under cover crime units
Releasing every prisoner he can .
The police turned their back on him at some function or other so he's not their friend and a 250% increase in gun crime should be alarming to you and every logically thinking resident of nyc

The NY Post, of all places, criticized De Blasio last week for defending the NYPD's claims that bail reform and prisoner releases amid the COVID outbreak had contributed to the upsurge in crime.
https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/de-blasio-defends-nypds-data-that-debunked-bail-reform-claims/
https://nypost.com/2020/07/08/nypds-own-stats-debunk-claims-about-bail-reform-link-to-shootings/

Crime is increasing all over the place. Its hardly a De Blasio issue.

I don't give a f**k if the police turned their back on him. The criticism they were getting at that time (the Eric Garner murder) was perfectly justified. That two of their members were gunned down by some nut in the aftermath was hardly De Blasio's fault. The NY police unions think that they and their members are completely above criticism and oversight and throw their toys out of the pram, no matter who the mayor is, if they so much as glance in their direction.

J70-I looked at the numbers

30 years ago there were 2,200 murders in NYC

Half of the neighborhoods where these woke millennial ar$eholes are living were no go areas-day or night for either a white person or a person of Color.

Giuliani and others brought the city back from the brink with an aggressive approach to crime. I pity anyone who owns property there today.....it's going to go downhill rapid

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 16, 2020, 07:50:13 PM
17 people shot in nyc in one day ,wonder is de blassio worried about this or is he planning another painting project.

Yeah, I'm sure he's out there right now spray painting all the Trump properties in the city (at least those that still have Trump's name on them) and wiring up One Police Plaza for demolition as we speak.

You're a wee bit obsessed with a mayor who lives in and whose power is limited to a city 3000 miles away from you.
not at all just concerned that your mayor is getting  the people he wants to protect killed with his insane policies .

Such as?
The police turned their back on him at some function or other so he's not their friend and a 250% increase in gun crime should be alarming to you and every logically thinking resident of nyc

The NY Post, of all places, criticized De Blasio last week for defending the NYPD's claims that bail reform and prisoner releases amid the COVID outbreak had contributed to the upsurge in crime.
https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/de-blasio-defends-nypds-data-that-debunked-bail-reform-claims/
https://nypost.com/2020/07/08/nypds-own-stats-debunk-claims-about-bail-reform-link-to-shootings/

I don't give a f**k if the police turned their back on him. The criticism they were getting at that time (the Eric Garner murder) was perfectly justified. That two of their members were gunned down by some nut in the aftermath was hardly De Blasio's fault. The NY police unions think that they and their members are completely above criticism and oversight and throw their toys out of the pram, no matter who the mayor is, if they so much as glance in their direction.

Half of the neighborhoods where these woke millennial ar$eholes are living were no go areas-day or night for either a white person or a person of Color.

Giuliani and others brought the city back from the brink with an aggressive approach to crime. I pity anyone who owns property there today.....it's going to go downhill rapid

I better sell up then I guess.

Or maybe I'll wait and see what the end of COVID and the (hopefully) resurging economy and employment bring.

Giuliani was great for a time... unless you were one of the innocent black or hispanic men who couldn't walk down the street without getting repeatedly harassed by the cops or worse.

Besides, there are plenty of other factors, in addition to increased policing, which are thought to have had a significant effect on the dramatic drop in crime rates in places like NYC, including, for better or worse, the availability of abortion, and the ban on lead in residential paint and petrol.

lenny

Such as?

You're giving Giuliani way too much credit

https://www.wbur.org/npr/500104506/broken-windows-policing-and-the-origins-of-stop-and-frisk-and-how-it-went-wrong

Eamonnca1

The White House Press Secretary on Trump's push to reopen schools: "The science should not stand in the way of this."

Eamonnca1

We've passed the 20,000 mark. 20,000 false or misleading statements from the President. A record-breaking liar.

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 16, 2020, 08:29:31 PM
The White House Press Secretary on Trump's push to reopen schools: "The science should not stand in the way of this."
if trump really wants the schools reopened he should just say I would prefer them to stay closed ,that would put the powers that be in a conundrum .

whitey

Quote from: lenny on July 16, 2020, 08:20:51 PM

Such as?

You're giving Giuliani way too much credit

https://www.wbur.org/npr/500104506/broken-windows-policing-and-the-origins-of-stop-and-frisk-and-how-it-went-wrong

Well obviously the left would disagree but there's plenty of counter evidence to prove it worked

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna1151121

It's going to get very interesting

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 16, 2020, 08:36:12 PM
if trump really wants the schools reopened he should just say I would prefer them to stay closed ,that would put the powers that be in a conundrum .

That's your opinion?

That the hesitancy and concerns about opening schools is all about Trump?

Not that he's being a f**king bellend, concerned only for how it affects him, as usual, regarding a legitimate and well founded concern?

Do you have kids?

Gmac

Stats for nyc for first 6 months of the year 96% of victims of shootings are black or Hispanic .
89% of all murder victims are black of Hispanic , policies are working out great for minorities.
Compassion with order is a phrase a lot of these liberal city politicians need to consider .

whitey

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 16, 2020, 08:53:57 PM
How do you post a photograph?

Right click on the photo, copy the image address and post the link in the space between [ img ]  and [ / img ]  which will come up by clicking on the "insert image" button above the emoticons.

Gmac

Quote from: Gmac on July 16, 2020, 08:49:45 PM
Stats for nyc for first 6 months of the year 96% of victims of shootings are black or Hispanic .
89% of all murder victims are black of Hispanic , policies are working out great for minorities.
Compassion with order is a phrase a lot of these liberal city politicians need to consider .
Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2020, 08:46:45 PM

That's your opinion?

Not that he's being a f**king bellend, concerned only for how it affects him, as usual, regarding a legitimate and well founded concern?

Do you have kids?
yes I do and I would send them back tomorrow , 0 deaths in 0>17 year olds in California that's what the science is telling me . The damage to behavior , mental health and loss  of learning may be permanent. Of course people are concerned but if trump was smart he would throw them a curve ball every now and then.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 16, 2020, 08:57:05 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 16, 2020, 08:49:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2020, 08:46:45 PM

That's your opinion?

Do you have kids?
yes I do and I would send them back tomorrow , 0 deaths in 0>17 year olds in California that's what the science is telling me . The damage to behavior , mental health and loss  of learning may be permanent. Of course people are concerned but if trump was smart he would throw them a curve ball every now and then.

Or he could behave like a president.