The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2020, 07:35:46 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 10, 2020, 07:34:05 PM
Quote from: dec on July 10, 2020, 07:01:08 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 10, 2020, 02:48:03 AM

7 kids were killed in Chicago in the last 2 weeks why don't they speak out against this as well or protest in the neighborhoods where it's happening or kneel for kids who are killed from gang violence

Because the those murders will be properly investigated and if they find out who did it they will put them on trial and most likely convict them. When blacks kill whites we know the same will happen.

But when the police or white vigilantes kill a black person the perpetrators are usually not even arrested.

I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but the numbers of Black people killed by the police (or white people for that matter) would be less than (or close to) 1% of the total number of black people killed.

So spend all your time addressing 1% of the problem, while conveniently ignoring 99% of it

So there is no one out there trying to address the social and criminal problems afflicting poor, minority neighbourhoods?

Maybe there is but BLM has sucked all the energy out of whatever efforts they have

Did you read about this.....looter shot 3 people who had the nerve to ask him not to loot a liquor store. One of them died

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicago.com/amp/chicago-murder-west-side-charges-police/6309700/

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 10, 2020, 08:12:06 PM

7 kids were killed in Chicago in the last 2 weeks why don't they speak out against this as well or protest in the neighborhoods where it's happening or kneel for kids who are killed from gang violence

Because the those murders will be properly investigated and if they find out who did it they will put them on trial and most likely convict them. When blacks kill whites we know the same will happen.

But when the police or white vigilantes kill a black person the perpetrators are usually not even arrested.

I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but the numbers of Black people killed by the police (or white people for that matter) would be less than (or close to) 1% of the total number of black people killed.

So spend all your time addressing 1% of the problem, while conveniently ignoring 99% of it

So there is no one out there trying to address the social and criminal problems afflicting poor, minority neighbourhoods?

Maybe there is but BLM has sucked all the energy out of whatever efforts they have

Did you read about this.....looter shot 3 people who had the nerve to ask him not to loot a liquor store. One of them died

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicago.com/amp/chicago-murder-west-side-charges-police/6309700/

Why would BLM aims conflict with efforts to address those concerns? They're not mutually exclusive. And it's not like those efforts are headline news at any time.

As for the lowlife in that story, I would hope and expect that he will go down for a very long time. But just because he used the protests to his own, selfish and criminal short term ends doesn't negate either BLM or the efforts of community activists who tried to stop him.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2020, 08:44:46 PM

Why would BLM aims conflict with efforts to address those concerns? They're not mutually exclusive. And it's not like those efforts are headline news at any time.

As for the lowlife in that story, I would hope and expect that he will go down for a very long time. But just because he used the protests to his own, selfish and criminal short term ends doesn't negate either BLM or the efforts of community activists who tried to stop him.

So how many high profile protest marches have they held over recent years to protest killings by gang members in their own communities?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2020, 08:03:40 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 10, 2020, 07:54:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2020, 07:34:51 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 10, 2020, 07:30:15 PM

how will they be investigated if there are no police in the communities remember defund , disband the police , in 2018 about 6000 white people were murdered and 7500 black people if that is an alarming stat . 73 and 13% of population respectively.

On what planet is there not going to be any police?
the planet de Blasio  Aoc  Omar and all the looney left live on and you back fully

DeBlasio has NEVER advocated abolishing the police. He gets grief regularly for defending various aspects of NYPD policy, despite what you're apparently reading in the fever swamps.

And if and when the Dems and liberalism in general is led by AOC and so on, then you can come back to us. In the meantime, we've got a centrist, moderate candidate for the presidency.

YOU'VE got an ignorant, bigoted, conspiracy-theory-believing, corrupt freakshow leading and ruling your movement with an iron fist.

So your throwing around of the looney label is fairly ridiculous and un-self-aware.
whats a fever swamp?

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 10, 2020, 08:52:22 PM

So how many high profile protest marches have they held over recent years to protest killings by gang members in their own communities?

Have who held?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 10, 2020, 08:56:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2020, 08:03:40 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 10, 2020, 07:54:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2020, 07:34:51 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 10, 2020, 07:30:15 PM

how will they be investigated if there are no police in the communities remember defund , disband the police , in 2018 about 6000 white people were murdered and 7500 black people if that is an alarming stat . 73 and 13% of population respectively.

On what planet is there not going to be any police?
the planet de Blasio  Aoc  Omar and all the looney left live on and you back fully

DeBlasio has NEVER advocated abolishing the police. He gets grief regularly for defending various aspects of NYPD policy, despite what you're apparently reading in the fever swamps.

And if and when the Dems and liberalism in general is led by AOC and so on, then you can come back to us. In the meantime, we've got a centrist, moderate candidate for the presidency.

YOU'VE got an ignorant, bigoted, conspiracy-theory-believing, corrupt freakshow leading and ruling your movement with an iron fist.

So your throwing around of the looney label is fairly ridiculous and un-self-aware.
whats a fever swamp?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fever%20swamp

Eamonnca1

One more time: "Defund the police" means stop using the police for activities that they are neither trained nor equipped to deal with, and instead fund the appropriate social services that are better equipped to deal with said issues. It means reallocating resources, not cutting them off completely.

Stop believing everything Fox News tells you.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2020, 09:10:08 PM

Have who held?

The same people who are protesting today

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on July 10, 2020, 10:38:10 PM

Have who held?

d lemon came clean the other night he only cares about black people killed by white cops
The others he doesn't care about

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 10, 2020, 10:31:50 PM
One more time: "Defund the police" means stop using the police for activities that they are neither trained nor equipped to deal with, and instead fund the appropriate social services that are better equipped to deal with said issues. It means reallocating resources, not cutting them off completely.

Seems pretty sensible to me.

I suppose to engage on any level with the concept also requires an ability to think rather than being limited to spouting far right soundbytes!

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 10, 2020, 10:38:10 PM

Have who held?

I don't know.

I expect most of them support liberal policies that try to fund solutions to these problems. I expect most of them were marching because their public servants, who their taxes pay for, are repeatedly getting caught targeting black people.

What do conservatives offer except whataboutery and screaming about Kaepernick and Al Sharpton?

Gmac

Denn Forever

So has he given up on 2020?  Isn't not customary for the retiring president to give out pardons?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Roger remembered "the two greatest things in life" and got his reward:

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 11, 2020, 11:44:48 AM
So has he given up on 2020?  Isn't not customary for the retiring president to give out pardons?

Yep, the tradition for both sides is to save the dodgy pardons for when they're on the way out the door. No one gives a bollocks then as there is so much else going on with a new administration coming in.

Trump doesn't give a f**k about the appearance of self-dealing. Especially when he's got Barr in there and he knows Pelosi, who had to be dragged kicking and screaming the first time, is not going to start anything major a few months before the election in a year when he's already been impeached.