The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on June 23, 2020, 11:44:22 PM
Yeah it's from racism carried out back in October so totally ok 👍 👍

The Black driver was randomly assigned that bay over the weekend so unless the person who did it had a crystal ball 7 months ago ....

And another report said it didn't even look Like a noose

But I think it may have looked like an upside down red triangle

RedHand88

Nope.

Eamonnca1

AOC seems to be romping home in her district with 70% of the vote so far. Go on ya girl ya!

Gmac

maybe it was jussie Smollet or his Nigerian buddies.

Eamonnca1

Maybe the wind blew it into the shape of a noose.

johnnycool

Quote from: whitey on June 24, 2020, 12:01:59 AM

The Black driver was randomly assigned that bay over the weekend so unless the person who did it had a crystal ball 7 months ago ....

Any comments on the son of another driver who said he wished it was a noose so he could drag bubba round the pit lane?
The father distanced himself from his sons comments but he didn't lick that off the ground.

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 24, 2020, 05:01:10 AM
AOC seems to be romping home in her district with 70% of the vote so far. Go on ya girl ya!

Its like praising Sinn Fein for winning West Belfast.

whitey

Quote from: johnnycool on June 24, 2020, 08:49:52 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 24, 2020, 12:01:59 AM

Any comments on the son of another driver who said he wished it was a noose so he could drag bubba round the pit lane?
The father distanced himself from his sons comments but he didn't lick that off the ground.

It was disgraceful and he should be banned from any participation in the sport

Bubba adding fuel to the fire by doubling down about the "noose" on Don Lemon last night

five points

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 23, 2020, 10:13:36 PM
A group of Republican ex national security officials are going to endorse Biden and campaign for him. They include at least two dozen who served under Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. This is in addition to the Lincoln Project, a Republican-led effort to run anti-Trump ads in battleground states.
Like John Bolton, these guys are so p***ed off that Trump has stopped their wars. Like Reagan in this second term, a declining President Biden would be a very soft touch for them.

J70

J70

Quote from: five points on June 24, 2020, 11:24:43 AM
A group of Republican ex national security officials are going to endorse Biden and campaign for him. They include at least two dozen who served under Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. This is in addition to the Lincoln Project, a Republican-led effort to run anti-Trump ads in battleground states.
Like John Bolton, these guys are so p***ed off that Trump has stopped their wars. Like Reagan in this second term, a declining President Biden would be a very soft touch for them.

Or maybe some of them are appalled at what's happened to the conservative movement and the charlatan, in it only for himself, who has taken it over?

five points

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 12:56:57 PM

Or maybe some of them are appalled at what's happened to the conservative movement and the charlatan, in it only for himself, who has taken it over?

When warmongers are appalled, I am happy.

The typical neocon warmonger is about as conservative as Bernie Sanders.

J70

Quote from: five points on June 24, 2020, 01:00:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 12:56:57 PM

When warmongers are appalled, I am happy.

The typical neocon warmonger is about as conservative as Bernie Sanders.

I must be misremembering "freedom fries" and "if you're not with us, you're agin us" and the brow-beating of the US people by Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, rapturously cheered on by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, into the Iraq war. Cynthia McKinney, a brave black congresswoman who was the only one to stand against Bush was public enemy number 1. Remember that mother of a dead soldier who was torn to shreads by the right for daring to stand up and call bullshit (I can't remember her name, but I'll find it). American conservatism, from the 40s forward, has been completely comfortable with foreign intervention and wars. That some of them changed their mind in the aftermath of things turning shit in Iraq doesn't change history.

edit: Cindy Sheehan

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 12:55:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 10:51:56 PM
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29354447/fbi-says-rope-had-talladega-garage-last-fall-bubba-wallace-not-victim-hate-crime?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Forgive me for my skepticism when it comes to stuff like this

Yes, what could this driver have been thinking, given the history and paraphernalia of NASCAR!

Or maybe the fact that there was another noose hoax just last week out in California

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 24, 2020, 01:07:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2020, 12:55:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 10:51:56 PM
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29354447/fbi-says-rope-had-talladega-garage-last-fall-bubba-wallace-not-victim-hate-crime?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Forgive me for my skepticism when it comes to stuff like this

Yes, what could this driver have been thinking, given the history and paraphernalia of NASCAR!

Or maybe the fact that there was another noose hoax just last week out in California

Ah... so they ALL have to be a hoax?

How should Wallace have reacted here?