The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 02:21:05 PM
You then are that special kind

I don't even know where to begin trying to understand what you mean.

Me calling out Whitey for making an excuse for the actions of a fascist is equatable for me agreeing with the actions of a government in controlling a pandemic?

i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Me calling out Whitey for making an excuse for the actions of a fascist is equatable for me agreeing with the actions of a government in controlling a pandemic?

If a government that locks up a million of its own citizens on race grounds isn't fascist, then what is it?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 02:23:55 PM
How many Trump supporters do you think knew that an upside down red triangle was used by the Nazis?  Based on the ones I know I would feel pretty safe saying zero. If that's your evidence of someone being a Nazi, god help us all

It was pointed out in the first post that it was a Nazi symbol.

You defended it as supposedly being a symbol used by Antifa.

You were corrected on this.

You continued to defend it repeating the same argument.

So

1. You were informed that it was a Nazi symbol for political prisoners in concentration camps before you posted on the matter.

2. You defended it with either ignorance or lies.

3. After being corrected, you repeated the defence with what at that stage had to be lies or stupidity.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 02:35:50 PM

If a government that locks up a million of its own citizens on race grounds isn't fascist, then what is it?

You don't get the bit where that is irrelevant. I never defended their government as a whole. I never defended them locking up the Muslims.

Unless they locked up said Muslims as a means of stopping the pandemic, there is no link between me supporting their actions against COVID and their actions against their Muslim populace.

Whitey is directly defending an action taken by Trump's campaign team that used Nazi symbology against an anti-fascist organisation. Can you really not see the difference?
i usse an speelchekor

sid waddell

You genuinely think supporting a lockdown to protect public health in a pandemic equals support for Chinese concentration camps, don't you.

Lolz.

Right-wing culture warriors are sooooo stupid.  ;D

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 02:36:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 02:23:55 PM
How many Trump supporters do you think knew that an upside down red triangle was used by the Nazis?  Based on the ones I know I would feel pretty safe saying zero. If that's your evidence of someone being a Nazi, god help us all

It was pointed out in the first post that it was a Nazi symbol.

You defended it as supposedly being a symbol used by Antifa.

You were corrected on this.

You continued to defend it repeating the same argument.

So

1. You were informed that it was a Nazi symbol for political prisoners in concentration camps before you posted on the matter.

2. You defended it with either ignorance or lies.

3. After being corrected, you repeated the defence with what at that stage had to be lies or stupidity.

So if Trump served Turnip soup at the White House and it then came out that Turnip soup was served in the concentration camps, would you accuse Trump of pandering to the Nazis and racists among his supporters?

I can't tell you how many time Trump or some Republican has done something or said something  and the Democrats and the media set their hair in fire accusing them of this that and the other, only for it to then come out that Democrats themselves have used the same language or imagery (then you hear fvck all about it)

So I apologize for my skepticism, but when the Presidents daughter, grandchildren and favored son in law are all Jewish, I find it quite a stretch when you guys start playing connect the dots to accuse him of being a Nazi sympathizer. And BTW-Mar a Lago was I believe the first private club on Palm Beach to admit Jewish members

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on June 23, 2020, 02:38:53 PM

You genuinely think supporting a lockdown to protect public health in a pandemic equals support for Chinese concentration camps, don't you.

Lolz.

2 posters who may have never even have been in the USA are the loudest and most knowledgeable on a subject they have no first hand experience of says it all really .

five points

Lolz.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 02:55:24 PM

Lolz.

You can post up all the memes in the world, mate, it still won't help you. It only exposes the total stupidity of what you are "arguing".

Your "argument" genuinely is exactly as I've laid out.

Your "argument" is that if somebody supports a lockdown to protect public health - as the Chinese have done with Coronavirus - that means you support Chinese concentration camps.

It doesn't.

Your "argument" completely and self-evidently ludicrous, and only somebody so far down the right-wing rabbit hole that they have lost their handle on reality would make it.

Actually supporting Chinese concentration camps, as Donald Trump does, means you support Chinese concentration camps.

Strange we didn't hear a word out of you about that, eh?!

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on June 23, 2020, 03:06:01 PM

Your "argument" is that if somebody supports a lockdown to protect public health - as the Chinese have done with Coronavirus - that means you support Chinese concentration camps.

No that wasn't my argument.  I didn't say that, nor anything remotely near that.

Read again what I said, perhaps a little more slowly this time.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 03:08:14 PM

No that wasn't my argument.  I didn't say that, nor anything remotely near that.

But it was your argument.

Otherwise you have no basis for accusing other posters of supporting Chinese concentration camps.

Well, you obviously have no basis anyway, but hey, I'm trying to make this simple for you.

Now, again, Donald Trump actually does support Chinese concentration camps (as well as his own ones in the US).

Why haven't you mentioned that if you're so concerned with the issue?

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on June 23, 2020, 03:15:18 PM

Otherwise you have no basis for accusing other posters of supporting Chinese concentration camps.

That I didn't do. RadioGAAGAA criticised someone else for in his words "defending the actions of fascists and racists". I pointed out that he did the same not so long ago, in respect of the actions of the Chinese govt.

I never accused anyone of supporting the Chinese concentration camps.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 03:19:50 PM

That I didn't do. RadioGAAGAA criticised someone else for in his words "defending the actions of fascists and racists". I pointed out that he did the same not so long ago, in respect of the actions of the Chinese govt.

Ah ok.

So I need to qualify that by saying Whitey is defending the fascist and/or racist actions of fascists and racists.

Fukk me. What a tool. Can't believe you wasted our times on that.
i usse an speelchekor

Eamonnca1

Saying Trump is not a "true" conservative is like saying Ian Paisley was not a "true" protestant. Trump is the inevitable outcome of years of conservatives steadily ratcheting up their hateful racist and xenophobic rhetoric.

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 04:07:50 PM
Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 03:19:50 PM

Ah ok.

So I need to qualify that by saying Whitey is defending the fascist and/or racist actions of fascists and racists.

Fukk me. What a tool. Can't believe you wasted our times on that.
No, just don't castigate others for something you were happy to do yourself quite recently.