The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 01:27:18 PM
That's the oldest trick in the book-disagree with me and you're a racist

I'd love for you to point out ONE thing I have ever said that could be construed as racist

No - you consistently make excuses for fascist and racists actions.

That is far beyond disagreeing with any of us.

i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 01:37:03 PM

I'd love for you to point out ONE thing I have ever said that could be construed as racist

Pot and Kettle. I've seen you on here not that long ago defending the Chinese regime that has a million Muslims imprisoned in internment camps, some of whom are being systematically murdered for their vital organs.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 01:41:32 PM
Pot and Kettle. I've seen you on here not that long ago defending the Chinese regime that has a million Muslims imprisoned in internment camps, some of whom are being systematically murdered for their vital organs.

Defending their actions with regards COVID?

i usse an speelchekor

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 01:43:26 PM

Does it matter? 

whitey

Great-give me an example of me doing that

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 01:30:43 PM
Everyone to the right of Genghis Khan is a fascist and racist, apparently.
That attempt at a straw man doesn't even make sense.

What so offends you about fascists and racists rightly being called such?

Wow. Not content with your previous straw man, you steam in with an even more ludicrous one.

You just forgot to shout "communist".

We know does actually support the support the Chinese concentration camps holding Uighurs.

Donald Trump.

And not a squeak out of you or the racist about it.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 01:45:53 PM

Does it matter?

Very much.

You'd have to be a special kind of simpleton if you cannot separate defending an action from defending a regime as a whole.
i usse an speelchekor

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 10:57:47 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 03:10:41 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 02:38:09 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 02:32:49 AM
I don't have a side, I'm a registered Independent

You guys are supposedly going to walk away with this thing in November, don't screw it up

You're a conservative, a movement now owned lock, stock and barrel by Donald Trump and his cult of personality.

There may be plenty of kooks and whack jobs on the liberal side too, but at least the national party as a whole is fairly sane and mainstream.

I've never said this will be a landslide or easy election in any way.

Trump isn't a conservative.....far from it

And don't kid yourself. The "Squad" is neither sane nor mainstream

John Bolton said today that the Democrats were almost as bad and somewhat equivalent to' President Trump.....a view I would share

Yet Trump has the conservative movement by the short and curlies, with virtually every one of them afraid to step out of line. If he isn't a conservative, then you guys must be incredibly naive and stupid. But let's face it, he is the culmination of what the conservative movement has been cultivating for decades: complete intransigence and disregard for the humanity of illegal immigrants; virulent opposition to environmental regulations; antipathy towards minorities; fake white and Christian victimhood. You personally may have little sympathy for Trump's appalling rhetoric and policies ( although did you not admit on here to voting for Bernie in the MASS primary to do your bit to sabotage the Dems for November??), but YOU are the exception in the conservative movement. He says out loud what they've been insinuating and selling for years. Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and the rest have hitched themselves to Trump completely and passionately. The conservative base have been unwavering in their devotion no matter what revelations have come out, stuff they used to froth at the mouth about if any single one of them was against a Democrat.

Trump isn't just a conservative, he's THE conservative!

I don't really care what Bolton says about the Democrats. If you think they're as bad as Trump, knock yourself out and make the argument.

As for "the Squad", they may not be mainstream, but neither are they the driving force of the Democratic Party or liberalism. The GOP and the conservative movement sold their souls to Trump. The Dems have not done so with AOC or even Bernie. Biden is nothing if not the safest, most non-threatening, moderate choice the Dems could have made for this election.

The Dems, at this point in time, are basically a coalition of various groups who stand opposed to one or more of the radical, reactionary positions of the GOP. The likes of Bernie were never going to unite the party, even if it is basically running an "anyone but Trump"/"back to normality" campaign this year. Biden is the nominee by default because he's moderate enough, policy-wise, to not offend a significant enough chunk of a party whose overriding motivation is to come together to vote that travesty out of the White House. Hopefully that motivation is sufficient and hopefully the "moderate"  approach will contrast favourably enough with Trump to peel off a decisive number of independents.

Trump isn't a conservative and the Republican party isn't conservative. They're radical far right nihilists and kleptocrats.

You can't be radical and be a conservative. They're mutually exclusive.

Joe Biden would be an example of an actual conservative. He's about as radical as a short back and sides.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 01:58:51 PM

You've claimed 3 times, two of which were after being corrected, that Trumps' Nazi political prisoner symbol was used by Antifa.

It was not. It was Trump's campaign team insidiously appealing to the ultra right wing subsection of their support in labelling an anti-fascist campaign with it.

You defended this action against an anti fascist organisation. Hard to see how that's not making an excuse for wannabe fascists.
i usse an speelchekor

sid waddell

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 02:13:16 PM

Does it matter?

Very much.

You'd have to be a special kind of simpleton if you cannot separate defending an action from defending a regime as a whole.
Apparently if you supported a lockdown to prevent a public health catastrophe you now support actual concentration camps.

Say supporters of the man who supports the exact same concentration camps, and runs concentration camps of his own.  ;D

five points

Does it matter?

Very much.

You then are that special kind

sid waddell

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 02:16:50 PM

You've claimed 3 times, two of which were after being corrected, that Trumps' Nazi political prisoner symbol was used by Antifa.

It was not. It was Trump's campaign team insidiously appealing to the ultra right wing subsection of their support in labelling an anti-fascist campaign with it.

You defended this action against an anti fascist organisation. Hard to see how that's not making an excuse for wannabe fascists.

Which Cartman has firmly placed himself inside.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on June 23, 2020, 02:21:05 PM

Does it matter?

Very much.

You then are that special kind

This "five points" character doesn't seem very bright.

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 02:16:50 PM

How many Trump supporters do you think knew that an upside down red triangle was used by the Nazis?  Based on the ones I know I would feel pretty safe saying zero. If that's your evidence of someone being a Nazi, god help us all

It reminds me of the time of the Jussie Smolletts hoax-people were saying on social media, including my cousin, that if you dared even question his account, you were participating in a modern day lynching

"Anti Fascists" are scumbags who are just as bad as the fascists

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 02:23:55 PM

How many Trump supporters do you think knew that an upside down red triangle was used by the Nazis?  Based on the ones I know I would feel pretty safe saying zero. If that's your evidence of someone being a Nazi, god help us all

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 02:23:55 PM
"Anti Fascists" are scumbags who are just as bad as the fascists

The cries for help get louder and louder.