The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

omochain

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 01:10:06 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 01:05:51 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 12:57:25 AM
In all seriousness though, has anyone seen the picture of Bill DeBlasio's daughter circulating on Twitter?

Someone should stage an intervention quickly to save her life

Haven't seen it.

I had heard that the sc**bag NYPD sergeants union boss had released her personal details on Twitter after she was arrested during one of the protests last week.

Maybe the sc**bag daughter of the Mayor shouldn't have been acting the cvnt and putting his officers lives in danger
Lads, please Don't pay any more heed to that trolling, vituperative and disingenuous a$$ who claims to be from Mayo. You are only giving him oxygen.

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah. That post you just quoted has done it for me.

HiMucker

Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 12:42:49 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 07, 2020, 09:25:46 PM
A statue of slave trader Edward Colston was pulled down by protestors in Bristol today.

You love to see it.

May many more follow.
John Mitchels Claudy GAC and John Mitchels Glenullin GAC in Derry might have to make a decision then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mitchel

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: HiMucker on June 08, 2020, 09:31:28 AM
A statue of slave trader Edward Colston was pulled down by protestors in Bristol today.

You love to see it.

May many more follow.
John Mitchels Claudy GAC and John Mitchels Glenullin GAC in Derry might have to make a decision then.

I posted to my old history teacher on Facebook about whether the John Mitchell statue in Newry should be pulled down as well. Mitchell's club in Newry as well, the original one from what I gather.

HiMucker

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 08, 2020, 09:33:23 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on June 08, 2020, 09:31:28 AM

You love to see it.

May many more follow.

I posted to my old history teacher on Facebook about whether the John Mitchell statue in Newry should be pulled down as well. Mitchell's club in Newry as well, the original one from what I gather.
He was explicitly racist, saying negroes were "an innately inferior people"[21] and opining "We deny that it is a crime, or a wrong, or even a peccadillo to hold slaves, to buy slaves, to keep slaves to their work by flogging or other needful correction. We wish we had a good plantation well-stocked with healthy negroes in Alabama."[

Id say there is a good chance it will be taken down. Though I remember listening to a good piece by a black historian on why such statues should remain.

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 08, 2020, 03:55:31 AM
What's wrong with her?

Not that one. The one where she's half asleep on the train

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 01:24:39 AM
In all seriousness though, has anyone seen the picture of Bill DeBlasio's daughter circulating on Twitter?

Haven't seen it.

I had heard that the sc**bag NYPD sergeants union boss had released her personal details on Twitter after she was arrested during one of the protests last week.

Maybe the sc**bag daughter of the Mayor shouldn't have been acting the cvnt and putting his officers lives in danger

So taking part in a peaceful protest blocking traffic and getting arrested for refusing to move (I've no issue with her getting arrested) warrants getting all your personal information posted on  Twitter by a vindictive union boss with a history of loutish and questionable public declarations trying to get a dig in against your father?

Were you supportive of this same union boss when he publicly tarnished the name of the young girl who had just been murdered outisde Columbia University last Christmas, speculating that she was probably in the park to buy drugs? How do you reckon her devastated family felt hearing that?

So this guys officers have been run over by looters, shot, stabbed, spat at, firebombed and had rocks and bottles of urine thrown at them.....and yet in your opinion he's the sc**bag.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 11:38:19 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 01:24:39 AM

Haven't seen it.

So taking part in a peaceful protest blocking traffic and getting arrested for refusing to move (I've no issue with her getting arrested) warrants getting all your personal information posted on  Twitter by a vindictive union boss with a history of loutish and questionable public declarations trying to get a dig in against your father?

Were you supportive of this same union boss when he publicly tarnished the name of the young girl who had just been murdered outisde Columbia University last Christmas, speculating that she was probably in the park to buy drugs? How do you reckon her devastated family felt hearing that?

So this guys officers have been run over by looters, shot, stabbed, spat at, firebombed and had rocks and bottles of urine thrown at them.....and yet in your opinion he's the sc**bag.

I said A sc**bag, not THE sc**bag.

whitey

"I had heard that the sc**bag NYPD sergeants union boss had released her personal details on Twitter after she was arrested during one of the protests last week."

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 08, 2020, 01:08:29 PM

"I had heard that the sc**bag NYPD sergeants union boss had released her personal details on Twitter after she was arrested during one of the protests last week."

The "the" refers to the union boss, not the adjective I used to describe him.

You wrote "So this guys officers have been run over by looters, shot, stabbed, spat at, firebombed and had rocks and bottles of urine thrown at them.....and yet in your opinion he's the sc**bag."

At no point did I compare or contrast the union boss and his behaviour with that of the rioters who were shooting, firebombing etc.

I asked you if you think his behaviour was/is appropriate. If you think trying to make a political/PR point against the mayor (a mayor who has been under a lot of fire for his defense of the NYPD BTW) by publishing his daughter's personal details on the internet for all the world to see,in the aftermath of her arrest during a peaceful protest, is appropriate, then just have some balls and say so.

whitey

So J70 if your house was on fire or a family member was in a serious accident with life threatening injuries, and a bunch of "peaceful" protestors lay down on the road And blocked the emergency vehicles from responding you'd be okay with that even if your house burnt down or if your family member died

Participating in a riot and blocking emergency vehicles, even peacefully is a very very serious matter, and for the first daughter to be participating is mind boggling to say the least

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 01:30:02 PM

You wrote "So this guys officers have been run over by looters, shot, stabbed, spat at, firebombed and had rocks and bottles of urine thrown at them.....and yet in your opinion he's the sc**bag."

At no point did I compare or contrast the union boss and his behaviour with that of the rioters who were shooting, firebombing etc.

I asked you if you think his behaviour was/is appropriate. If you think trying to make a political/PR point against the mayor (a mayor who has been under a lot of fire for his defense of the NYPD BTW) by publishing his daughter's personal details on the internet for all the world to see,in the aftermath of her arrest during a peaceful protest, is appropriate, then just have some balls and say so.

Daily Mail published it

He retweeted it

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2020, 01:30:02 PM

I agree with you he shouldn't have done it, but given what his officers have had to deal with I'm not surprised he did. To say he is a/the sc**bag for doing it is completely off the reservation though

If I were a taxpayer in the city of New York and the Mayors daughter was "peacefully" participating in a riot and blocking emergency vehicles from rendering aid to injured officers, I know who I'd be calling a sc**bag.