The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 15, 2020, 01:28:35 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2020, 01:22:13 AM
So "allegations" (unsubstantiated/false) are made in The NY Times that are so inflammatory, several presidential candidates, within hours of the piece being published, pledge that if elected they will impeach and remove a sitting Supreme Court Justice, and J70 thinks thats okay.

And this is exactly the type of bvllshit attitude by the left, that leads a lot of Trump supporters I know to not give a flying fvck about anything he says or does.

Trumpers don't need any help from the left in adopting crazy ideas. I can assure you of that. The "liberals drive us crazy, therefore it's all your fault" defense does not impress me.

We had something similar after the last presidential election. whitey lecturing us on how all these working class whites were tired of being talked down to by the Dems, and so took their ball and went and voted for a man like Trump. It was all OUR fault that Trump was elected, NOT the seduction of the GOP base by and the surrender of the party to a corrupt, amoral, bigoted demogogue pushing all those buttons.

Their "skeptical" and "reluctant" adoration and debasement continues to this day, unabated.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 15, 2020, 02:14:54 AM
So "allegations" (unsubstantiated/false) are made in The NY Times that are so inflammatory, several presidential candidates, within hours of the piece being published, pledge that if elected they will impeach and remove a sitting Supreme Court Justice, and J70 thinks thats okay.

And this is exactly the type of bvllshit attitude by the left, that leads a lot of Trump supporters I know to not give a flying fvck about anything he says or does.

Trumpers don't need any help from the left in adopting crazy ideas. I can assure you of that. The "liberals drive us crazy, therefore it's all your fault" defense does not impress me.

We had something similar after the last presidential election. whitey lecturing us on how all these working class whites were tired of being talked down to by the Dems, and so took their ball and went and voted for a man like Trump. It was all OUR fault that Trump was elected, NOT the seduction of the GOP base by and the surrender of the party to a corrupt, amoral, bigoted demogogue pushing all those buttons.

Their "skeptical" and "reluctant" adoration and debasement continues to this day, unabated.

J70....you know well, the GOP base did  not decide the election......the swing voters did, and the swing voters some of whom voted for Obama TWICE,  had enough of the raving lunacy of the progressive wing of the Democratic Party..

And on top of that, they even lost Democrats to Trump. it wasnt a bunch of toothless Confederate flag waving yobos who got Trump elected.....it was people who not too long ago used to make up the base of the Democratic Party......regular decent law abiding hard working people, who are now being told by the AOCs and Elizabeth Warrens of the world to STFU if they dont agree with every woke initiative they concocted this week

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/02/719366845/bidens-pitch-to-white-working-class-voters

omochain

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2020, 12:47:40 AM
Quote from: omochain on May 14, 2020, 11:15:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2020, 07:32:28 PM
Quote from: omochain on May 14, 2020, 06:59:56 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2020, 06:48:48 PM
LOL

And The NY Times, WaPo, CNN and MSNBC are neutral commentators in all this?

They are the biggest pack of fvckin liars that ever existed

Your buddy Chick Todd just had to apologize for using a selectively edited clip this week

Here ya go again Whitey... absurd equivalence
The current score on the lie count is
Trump 18000 Chuck Todd 1
BTW why do you never answer or challenge any of my posts.

Tr

I've hoed this row before with J70

NY Times-allowed Hillary's campaign to edit a pro Bernie article to an anti Bernie article

NY Times-allowed Biden's campaign to edit an article taking out some damaging allegations

NY Tiemes-completely defamed Justice Kavanaugh and continued to do so long after he was appointed

Never mentioned that the "source" of the allegations was a former attorney to Bill Clinton and that the supposed victim had no fvckin clue what they were talking about-yet what they wrote was so inflammatory several candidates were calling for the impeachment of a sitting Supreme Xourt justice

That's as damaging if not more so to our Democracy whatever  bunch of nonsense Fox News is feeding their viewers

These people have about as much credibility as Rush Limbaugh

While many of those are contestable.. I will give them all to you and the score is now
Trump 18000 The rest 5

Who said anything about Trump

I'm saying that the The NY Times, CNN and MSNBC are just as biased AGAINST Trump (and other conservatives) as Fox News is biased IN FAVOR OF  him

In your world whitey their mostly (overwhelmingly) fact based reporting is equivalent to the torrent of disinformation coming from News Corp (Fox etc) and Sinclair Broadcasting. That's the point I am trying to make. There's absolutely no point in trying to help you see the way in which your parroting of Fox and Sinclair is supporting a false narrative that is keeping the incompetent crew who are currently running the country in power. And yes I know you are not a Trumpy ... you just type like one. Even the complete and absolute balls Trump is making of handling this pandemic seems to be lost on you. I give up. Over and out

Eamonnca1

McConnell admits he was wrong to say Obama administration failed to leave pandemic playbook

The concession comes days after he falsely accused the Obama administration of failing to leave the Trump administration "any kind of game plan" for something like the coronavirus pandemic during a Trump campaign online chat with Lara Trump, the President's daughter-in-law.

"They claim pandemics only happen once every hundred years but what if that's no longer true? We want to be early, ready for the next one, because clearly the Obama administration did not leave to this administration any kind of game plan for something like this," McConnell had said Monday.

johnnycool

Trump is not a well man.

Who talks about "Doctors running into death just like soldiers running into bullets".."it's a beautiful thing to see."

He truly lacks empathy as we all know but that takes it to another level.

screenexile

The Daily Show have broken down Obamagate for anyone who's not sure about it . . .

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1261088476776333313

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on May 15, 2020, 09:02:40 AM
Trump is not a well man.

Who talks about "Doctors running into death just like soldiers running into bullets".."it's a beautiful thing to see."

He truly lacks empathy as we all know but that takes it to another level.
But he's always been like that. He's a total sc**bag who uses tragedy for self promotion, completely amoral. On September 11th, 2001, his reaction was to brag that one of his buildings was now the tallest in Manhattan (it wasn't).

I think people should not use mental illness in relation to Trump because there's no real evidence he's mentally ill - he's a self promoter, a grifter, a con artist and a ruthless criminal, and always has been.

It's the same with people like Gemma O'Doherty or Alex Jones. I don't think people should call them mentally ill. They are just objectively utterly appalling people who try to con the gullible for their own financial benefit.

I wouldn't call people involved in organised crime mentally ill. There's no reason to think getting involved in organised crime is indicative of mental illness. They have simply made the decision to be criminal scumbags.

whitey

Quote from: omochain on May 15, 2020, 03:11:09 AM
LOL

Your buddy Chick Todd just had to apologize for using a selectively edited clip this week

Trump 18000 Chuck Todd 1

Tr

NY Times-allowed Hillary's campaign to edit a pro Bernie article to an anti Bernie article

NY Times-allowed Biden's campaign to edit an article taking out some damaging allegations

NY Tiemes-completely defamed Justice Kavanaugh and continued to do so long after he was appointed

Never mentioned that the "source" of the allegations was a former attorney to Bill Clinton and that the supposed victim had no fvckin clue what they were talking about-yet what they wrote was so inflammatory several candidates were calling for the impeachment of a sitting Supreme Xourt justice

That's as damaging if not more so to our Democracy whatever  bunch of nonsense Fox News is feeding their viewers

While many of those are contestable.. I will give them all to you and the score is now
Trump 18000 The rest 5

I'm saying that the The NY Times, CNN and MSNBC are just as biased AGAINST Trump (and other conservatives) as Fox News is biased IN FAVOR OF  him

In your world whitey their mostly (overwhelmingly) fact based reporting is equivalent to the torrent of disinformation coming from News Corp (Fox etc) and Sinclair Broadcasting. That's the point I am trying to make. There's absolutely no point in trying to help you see the way in which your parroting of Fox and Sinclair is supporting a false narrative that is keeping the incompetent crew who are currently running the country in power. And yes I know you are not a Trumpy ... you just type like one. Even the complete and absolute balls Trump is making of handling this pandemic seems to be lost on you. I give up. Over and out

Sid.....don't take my word for it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/2/jill-abramson-ex-new-york-times-editor-rips-papers/

Jill Abramson, the Harvard lecturer who served as the first and only female executive editor of The New York Times from 2011 to 2014, has some harsh words for her former employer in her upcoming book, saying its "unmistakably anti-Trump" agenda risks damaging its credibility.

glens73

Heaven forbid

As the death toll rises, Trump's claims to global leadership have became more far-fetched. He told Republicans last week that he had had a round of phone calls with Angela Merkel, Shinzo Abe and other unnamed world leaders and insisted "so many of them, almost all of them, I would say all of them believe the US is leading the way."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/15/donald-trump-coronavirus-response-world-leaders

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2020, 02:29:06 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 15, 2020, 02:14:54 AM

J70....you know well, the GOP base did  not decide the election......the swing voters did, and the swing voters some of whom voted for Obama TWICE,  had enough of the raving lunacy of the progressive wing of the Democratic Party..

And on top of that, they even lost Democrats to Trump. it wasnt a bunch of toothless Confederate flag waving yobos who got Trump elected.....it was people who not too long ago used to make up the base of the Democratic Party......regular decent law abiding hard working people, who are now being told by the AOCs and Elizabeth Warrens of the world to STFU if they dont agree with every woke initiative they concocted this week

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/02/719366845/bidens-pitch-to-white-working-class-voters

Hillary lost those voters, not fringe issues like the (justifiable) rights of transgender people. She was an awful candidate and the Republicans successfully branded her as a corrupt elitest, aided and abetted at a crucial moment by Comey (one wonders what an investigation of the Trump admin's use of personal email would turn up, never mind his and their corruption and self-dealing?) while embracing a man with all kinds of skeletons in his closet who was smart enough to know which buttons to push.

We've gone over the AOC stuff before. If her and Elizabeth Warren are the heart and soul of the Democratic party and ruthless enforcers of party orthodoxy, why is the bland, centrist Joe Biden the nominee or AOC more or less irrelevant to Nancy Pelosi? Obviously there is an ultra-progressive wing of the Democratic Party, but there are a number of other wings too. Prostrate before AOC and Warren, ala the GOP before Trump, the Dems are absolutely not.

J70

Quote from: glens73 on May 15, 2020, 01:48:37 PM
Heaven forbid

As the death toll rises, Trump's claims to global leadership have became more far-fetched. He told Republicans last week that he had had a round of phone calls with Angela Merkel, Shinzo Abe and other unnamed world leaders and insisted "so many of them, almost all of them, I would say all of them believe the US is leading the way."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/15/donald-trump-coronavirus-response-world-leaders

His latest stable genius insight is that if it were not for all the testing, the US would not have so many cases. ??? ;D

whitey

J70-Warren and Bernie were doing great in the polls until they decided abolishing private healthcare was a winning issue. Joe won because even Democratic Primary voters knew that the policies of the likes of Warren, Bernie, Castro and Mayor Pete were so outside the mainstream that Trump would demolish them in a General Election

omochain

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2020, 12:23:11 PM
Quote from: omochain on May 15, 2020, 03:11:09 AM
LOL

Trump 18000 Chuck Todd 1

Tr

Trump 18000 The rest 5

Sid.....don't take my word for it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/2/jill-abramson-ex-new-york-times-editor-rips-papers/

Jill Abramson, the Harvard lecturer who served as the first and only female executive editor of The New York Times from 2011 to 2014, has some harsh words for her former employer in her upcoming book, saying its "unmistakably anti-Trump" agenda risks damaging its credibility.

Whitey ... is mise Ó Mochain. Jill's book was published last year and did not sell well despite Trump touting it. Apparently the plagiarism and inaccuracies hurt it's credibility. You are going to have to do better on the evidence research.

whitey

She said what she said. Believe what you want

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 15, 2020, 04:41:51 PM
J70-Warren and Bernie were doing great in the polls until they decided abolishing private healthcare was a winning issue. Joe won because even Democratic Primary voters knew that the policies of the likes of Warren, Bernie, Castro and Mayor Pete were so outside the mainstream that Trump would demolish them in a General Election

Yes, that more or less is in line with what I said. Democratic voters are not hostage to the most progressive wing of their party. They don't want to lose the option of private healthcare, even if many believe that public healthcare is part of the solution to the problem.