whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 04:50:42 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2019, 04:35:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 03:52:38 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 29, 2019, 03:10:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 02:16:42 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 29, 2019, 12:04:36 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 11:48:16 AM
Lock them up for leaving water out for people in a desert area where thousands have died?

How very christian!

But then again these people are not human. They're just statistics. Same as those little kids being ripped away from their mothers.

Ridiculous J70. Do it the legal way and you don't have people dying in the desert or family separations. They bring it on themselves but that's someone else's fault. The victim mentality is rampant.

It IS ridiculous that someone could be locked up for taking pity on illegal immigrants and giving them WATER so they won't die in the desert.

And the family separations ARE someone else's fault. That someone is Trump and his minions.

They are breaking the law. Those crossing the desert and those helping them cross. It's called human trafficking, whatever form it takes including leaving supplies.

I'm not going into the child separation. We've done this before. The parents put them in that predicament, not Trump.

If you're being honest this isn't asylum seekers, it's economic migration. How many people can fit and maintain a healthy society or does the left actually care (apart from getting these new voters)?

Their parents brought them to the border. Trump SEPARATED them. He had no need or reason to. Other presidents didn't do it. And he subsequently STOPPED when he and his minions got caught and couldn't justify it!

As for those leaving water... those migrants are going to cross anyway. Leaving water out so they will not die is basic human decency. There is nothing stopping the CBP deploying resources to the area to pick them up. Only a twisted, sick mind who sees those people as subhuman would condone prosecuting someone leaving out water.

As for the "recruiting new voters" nonsense, someone is going to have to explain how THAT works?

1.   If it is a Democratic strategy, it must be based on some deluded, long term strategy which is completely at odds with the election-in-two-years reality of American politics. None of these people vote or are going to vote. This is not Boss Tweed's mid-19th century Manhattan.
2.   The GOP is the party that makes hay on the issue of illegal immigration, scaring their base. Trump got elected on it.
3.   There is absolutely NOTHING stopping the GOP adopting a humane policy and trying to win over some of these supposed masses of "new voters" which are apparently up for grabs.

Weve discussed this before

Congressional representation is based on total population, not total legal population.

Electoral college representation based on number of congressmen/women

By flooding your state with illegals you are indirectly rewarded at the ballot box.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/census-questions-illegal-immigrants-give-cities-political-power/

So its NOT new voters?

I've posted this before. http://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/unauthorized-immigrants/

Three of the top six states by per capita illegal immigrants voted for Trump.

Dolph is claiming direct voters, Im claiming indirect increase in overall representation

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2019, 05:11:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 04:53:52 PM
And again, I ask, if it is so easy to attract voters AND increase your congressional representation by advocating for immigrants, what is stopping the GOP doing the same?

Inviting and encouraging people in to come in and go on benefits (which the Democrats are doing) wouldn't sit well with the Republican base

Ah yes. Those famously generous American benefits. 23 days of paid vacation, free housing, enough dole money to live on when you're unemployed, 6 months family leave, free healthcare....

Oh wait. Wrong country.

J70

And again, I ask, if it is so easy to attract voters AND increase your congressional representation by advocating for immigrants, what is stopping the GOP doing the same?

Inviting and encouraging people in to come in and go on benefits (which the Democrats are doing) wouldn't sit well with the Republican base

And breaking up families and forcing people to live in fear in the shadows, afraid to report crime, doesn't sit well with the Democratic base.

Doesn't mean it is part of some greater, ulterior motive to swell the voting ranks.

I don't feel angered when Trump tears kids away from their parents because I think "there goes another potential Democratic voter down the drain"; I feel angry because I'm a parent who can put myself in the shoes of those parents and imagine the utter terror my own young kids would experience if it was them.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 05:37:35 PM

And breaking up families and forcing people to live in fear in the shadows, afraid to report crime, doesn't sit well with the Democratic base.

Doesn't mean it is part of some greater, ulterior motive to swell the voting ranks.

I don't feel angered when Trump tears kids away from their parents because I think "there goes another potential Democratic voter down the drain"; I feel angry because I'm a parent who can put myself in the shoes of those parents and imagine the utter terror my own young kids would experience if it was them.

As I've said 1000000 times, let's absorb and take care of the illegals already here before encouraging more to come (which is exactly what the Democrats are doing)

Eamonnca1

Or as Whitey and his deranged FoxKKK sock puppet cheerleader would put it, that makes you a "virtue-signaling SJW."

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2019, 05:43:43 PM

As I've said 1000000 times, let's absorb and take care of the illegals already here before encouraging more to come (which is exactly what the Democrats are doing)

Unfortunately, many of your fellow travelers want no part of that.

Which leaves the illegals already here in the shadows.

Which means we need policies like sanctuary cities (within reason!) to draw them out.

Which, in your eyes, encourages more to come.

I'd love to see some grand immigration bargain too. But the last two attempts were torpedoed by the Fox News/Limbaugh crowd.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 05:57:00 PM

Which means we need policies like sanctuary cities (within reason!) to draw them out.

I'd love to see some grand immigration bargain too. But the last two attempts were torpedoed by the Fox News/Limbaugh crowd.

Do you think criminal aliens should be handed over to ICE because from my vantage point a lot of democrats dont?  ( Im Not talking about petty stuff.....serious stuff including violence, drugs, dui).

I know someone who goes out on ICE raids and there some very, very bad people getting rounded up and deported with little or no help from local law enforcement whose hands are tied by politicians

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-arrests-58-new-england-enforcement-action

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2019, 06:08:32 PM

Do you think criminal aliens should be handed over to ICE because from my vantage point a lot of democrats dont?  ( Im Not talking about petty stuff.....serious stuff including violence, drugs, dui).

I know someone who goes out on ICE raids and there some very, very bad people getting rounded up and deported with little or no help from local law enforcement whose hands are tied by politicians

Absolutely (after they serve their sentence).

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 06:29:10 PM

Would you give bail to illegals accused (but not yet convicted/tried) of serious offences?

https://apnews.com/7813131138674366a997d7deea91bf57

Gmac

If u are in the country illegally and commit a crime no matter what age u are u should be deported
How could that be a decisive issue

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2019, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2019, 06:29:10 PM

Would you give bail to illegals accused (but not yet convicted/tried) of serious offences?

https://apnews.com/7813131138674366a997d7deea91bf57

No

whitey

Well they're getting bail up here in MA

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 29, 2019, 08:02:50 PM
Well they're getting bail up here in MA

It would want to be pretty high to ensure they show up again.

Dolph1

I see the left quickly put the knife to the liberal reporter Tom Brokaw for saying that Hispanics should learn English in order to assimilate in the USA. For not regurgitating the democrat sound bites he got called horrible names then was forced to come out like a scolded child and apologise for his crime.

So very soon speaking English will be a hate crime? It's hard to know what the liberal police will target next.

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 30, 2019, 11:52:36 AM
I see the left quickly put the knife to the liberal reporter Tom Brokaw for saying that Hispanics should learn English in order to assimilate in the USA. For not regurgitating the democrat sound bites he got called horrible names then was forced to come out like a scolded child and apologise for his crime.

So very soon speaking English will be a hate crime? It's hard to know what the liberal police will target next.

Is there evidence that Hispanics are not "working hard" at assimilation or not having their children learn English? Are they doing less than previous waves of immigrants from Germany or Ireland or Italy or Eastern Europe or Puerto Rico or DR?