Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2018, 05:02:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 27, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
Matt Viser
@mviser
·
1h
Charlie Baker, a Republican who has the highest approval rating of any governor in the country and who almost never jumps into national politics, weighs in:
Quote Tweet
Charlie Baker
@MassGovernor
"The accusations brought against Judge Kavanaugh are sickening and deserve an independent investigation. There should be no vote in the Senate."

Over to Whitey

Hahaha.....very, very clever by Charlie

He knows the Dems are going to try and stick Kavanaugh on him in the run up to November and he's just after getting out in front of them

Or maybe he is a decent human being...

omochain

I think she just made it extremely difficult for the advancement of Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court but you never know with this Republican majority. If Kavanaugh wants to keep his current day job, he should stay at home today.

Oraisteach

She is SO credible.  I can't imagine what Kavanaugh can say to puncture her credibility. It's he said, she said, and she is very believable. If the GOP charges on without at least an investigation, then then they have hit rock bottom and have started to dig.

seafoid

Quote from: omochain on September 27, 2018, 05:46:24 PM
I think she just made it extremely difficult for the advancement of Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court but you never know with this Republican majority. If Kavanaugh wants to keep his current day job, he should stay at home today.
Grassley was asked by her team if she could speak second to rebut Kavanaugh and he refused.
The Dems come across as decent. The Goppers don't.

omaghjoe

He should step down until there is an investigation into why the f**k his name is spelled and pronounced incorrectly

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 27, 2018, 05:42:42 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2018, 05:02:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 27, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
Matt Viser
@mviser
·
1h
Charlie Baker, a Republican who has the highest approval rating of any governor in the country and who almost never jumps into national politics, weighs in:
Quote Tweet
Charlie Baker
@MassGovernor
"The accusations brought against Judge Kavanaugh are sickening and deserve an independent investigation. There should be no vote in the Senate."

Over to Whitey

Hahaha.....very, very clever by Charlie

He knows the Dems are going to try and stick Kavanaugh on him in the run up to November and he's just after getting out in front of them

Or maybe he is a decent human being...

He is. But that wont stop them.

RedHand88

Kavanaugh certainly seems to be a man who is organised.

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 27, 2018, 08:39:40 PM
Kavanaugh certainly seems to be a man who is organised.

He reminds me of the squirrel from Ice Age and the acorn. He had the Supreme Court in his hands....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_LKe8V-h7h8

seafoid

David Frum
@davidfrum
Kavanaugh's message - "the Left"; "Borking"; "revenge on behalf of the Clintons"; "goes around comes around" - is that of a man who has already lost his Court seat, preparing for his next career

moysider

Lindsey Graham fairly came out fighting for Kavanaugh!!

RedHand88

Lindsey Graham knocking it out of the park for Kavanaugh.

RedHand88

Fart jokes in the yearbook. Getting beyond a joke this now.

Carmen Stateside

Let the FBI deal with it.  He doesn't seem to want that which makes him guilty in my eyes.  Lindsey Graham is some laugh, what a dramatic performance from him.

RedHand88

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 27, 2018, 10:07:25 PM
Let the FBI deal with it.  He doesn't seem to want that which makes him guilty in my eyes.  Lindsey Graham is some laugh, what a dramatic performance from him.

Meh not his call to make anyway. The dems will of course want a full blown FBI investigation because regardless of the result of it, it will delay the nomination to after midterms. They know the numbers show they're on track to take back the Senate and will be able to block Kavanaugh and any Trump pick between now and 2020.