Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on February 05, 2018, 11:40:59 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 05, 2018, 12:46:02 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 04, 2018, 10:54:55 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 03, 2018, 02:13:12 PM
What sort of reputation has Nunes?

Anybody?

Also, can anybody tell me how long this Carter Page chap was under investigation for, and why he was under investigation?
Nobody willing to field this one?

Depends on who you ask.....Republicans think thes great and Democrats think hes a rabid partisan whos endangering National Security.  Just Schiff in reverse

From my vantage point the whole collusion narrative and dossier are just a textbook Clinton/DNC dirty trick.  As such I really dont carethat the Republican are breaking every rule in the book to expose it.....you have to fight fire with fire

This is probably the best explanation of what Page is all about

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-trump-aide-carter-page-was-on-u-s-counterintelligence-radar-before-russia-dossier-1517486401

(let me know if its behind a firewall and Ill cut and paste the article)
Is it true Nunes has a record of inventing fake "scandals" to benefit Trump?

Such as, say, last year, inventing a "whistleblower", who turned out to be a White House adviser, who had fed him bogus information about the supposed "unlawful unmasking" by senior officials in the Obama administration of the identities of Trump campaign officials caught on foreign intelligence intercepts.

Then Nunes staged a visit to the White House to "inform" them of bogus information that the White House had given him in the first place!

As a result of discrediting himself, Nunes had to recuse himself from the House Russia investigation.

He has not done this.

Last year, Nunes said about Trump's links to Russia: "They've looked," he said, "and it's all a dead trail that leads me to believe no contact, not even pizza-delivery-guy contract."

This was patently not true.

Nunes also tried to create a fake scandal about the baseless Uranium One allegations.

So, all told, it's fair to say this Nunes chap has a proven record of attempting to create fake scandals in an attempt to discredit anybody who investigates Trump.

That means that he is a person of no credibility.

Yet this same person of no credibility is the same person whose memo the Republicans are hanging their hat on yet again in an effort to create another fake scandal.

And once again it appears he has colluded with Trump in order to create this fake scandal.

As for Carter Page, can you tell me it's true whether he was on the FBI's radar from as far back as 2013 because he was being cultivated by a Russian spy ring?

Is it true he travelled to Moscow in July 2016 to make a fervently pro-Russian speech which castigated the US?

Does this sound like a person of interest? If you ask me, I'd say "hell yes".

Is it true the Trump campaign was forced to quietly drop him in September 2016?

Is it true that at the time of the FISA warrant against him in October 2016, he was no longer working for Trump?

Because Trump supporters have been constantly telling us that the Trump campaign was illegally under surveillance.

Yet they have i) not  been able to say where any law was broken and ii) the person through which they claim the Trump campaign was under surveillance, wasn't even working for Trump.

And thus, this whole "scandal" is exposed for what it is - a fake load of nonsense concocted by somebody with no credibility whatsoever in attempt to get rid of the Mueller investigation into Trump.

I can't think why Trump and the likes of Nunes would want to get rid of that investigation.  ;D

The GOP is in a parallel reality where whatever Trump says is reality. This is how plutocracy works. 
@ajjaffe

·

2h

PA GOP Rep. Charlie Dent tells me "I've never seen a situation where the president or the White House seems to be in a battle with its own government. So this is almost unprecedented...maybe during Watergate we saw something similar but not since then.

Norman Ornstein Retweeted

Evan McMullin

@Evan_McMullin

·

7h

We're so desensitized that it almost seems normal now, but the extent to which Trump has succeeded in casting one of the most important national security investigations in our history as just another partisan political battle is astonishing, and a danger itself

whitey

Anybody?

Also, can anybody tell me how long this Carter Page chap was under investigation for, and why he was under investigation?

Depends on who you ask.....Republicans think thes great and Democrats think hes a rabid partisan whos endangering National Security.  Just Schiff in reverse

From my vantage point the whole collusion narrative and dossier are just a textbook Clinton/DNC dirty trick.  As such I really dont carethat the Republican are breaking every rule in the book to expose it.....you have to fight fire with fire

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-trump-aide-carter-page-was-on-u-s-counterintelligence-radar-before-russia-dossier-1517486401

Such as, say, last year, inventing a "whistleblower", who turned out to be a White House adviser, who had fed him bogus information about the supposed "unlawful unmasking" by senior officials in the Obama administration of the identities of Trump campaign officials caught on foreign intelligence intercepts.

Then Nunes staged a visit to the White House to "inform" them of bogus information that the White House had given him in the first place!

As a result of discrediting himself, Nunes had to recuse himself from the House Russia investigation.

He has not done this.

Last year, Nunes said about Trump's links to Russia: "They've looked," he said, "and it's all a dead trail that leads me to believe no contact, not even pizza-delivery-guy contract."

Nunes also tried to create a fake scandal about the baseless Uranium One allegations.

So, all told, it's fair to say this Nunes chap has a proven record of attempting to create fake scandals in an attempt to discredit anybody who investigates Trump.

Yet this same person of no credibility is the same person whose memo the Republicans are hanging their hat on yet again in an effort to create another fake scandal.

And once again it appears he has colluded with Trump in order to create this fake scandal.

As for Carter Page, can you tell me it's true whether he was on the FBI's radar from as far back as 2013 because he was being cultivated by a Russian spy ring?

Is it true he travelled to Moscow in July 2016 to make a fervently pro-Russian speech which castigated the US?

Is it true that at the time of the FISA warrant against him in October 2016, he was no longer working for Trump?

Because Trump supporters have been constantly telling us that the Trump campaign was illegally under surveillance.

Yet they have i) not  been able to say where any law was broken and ii) the person through which they claim the Trump campaign was under surveillance, wasn't even working for Trump.

And thus, this whole "scandal" is exposed for what it is - a fake load of nonsense concocted by somebody with no credibility whatsoever in attempt to get rid of the Mueller investigation into Trump.

I can't think why Trump and the likes of Nunes would want to get rid of that investigation.  ;D

So you think it is a false scandal that a political campaign was wiretapped, and a piece of unverified opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign was at least part of the application for the warrant?

You think it's a false scandal that the # 4 in the DOJ held secret and unauthorized meetings with Fusion GPS and Chris Steele? (And has been demoted)

So you think it's a false scandal that the same DOJ officials wife worked for Fusion GPS who produced the false dossier  and this was never disclosed?

You think it's a false scandal the the FBI agent of charge of the Hillary campaign stated that he feared retribution from the Clintons if we went into the investigation "loaded for bear"? (Assuming a Clinton victory  which was a foregone conclusion at the time he made the statement)

Gabriel_Hurl

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2018, 12:34:39 PM
Politicising the fbi

https://www.axios.com/gop-turns-on-fbi-survey-78c4f486-8755-4c9e-be99-a1567bd3a625.html

Adhering to the Marquis of Queensbury Rules isn't going to do you much good when it comes to dealing with the Clintons and the DNC.....you have to get down to their level. I'm delighted to see Nunez and the Republicans fighting fire with fire

seafoid

@ariehkovler

·

22h

The alt-Right has moved on from the FBI and started attacking the FISA judge. Once Fox runs it and Trump sees it onto stage 2. Attack the judges.

David Frum

@davidfrum

·

Feb 4

Nearly correct use of ellipses and absence of random capitalization/quotation marks suggests not a personal Trump tweet- but still an alarming escalation of pressure on FBI by this White House

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

"The four page memo released Friday reports the disturbing fact about how the FBI and FISA appear to have been used to influence the 2016 election and its aftermath.

Jim VandeHei

@JimVandeHei

·

Feb 3

Exclusive poll: GOP turns on FBI bigtime. Never underestimate Trump's power to reshape GOP views. He did it on Russia. Then Mueller. Now the FBI. Not long ago: the GOP loathed Russia, loved Mueller, celebrated the FBI...

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on February 05, 2018, 12:58:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2018, 12:34:39 PM
Politicising the fbi

https://www.axios.com/gop-turns-on-fbi-survey-78c4f486-8755-4c9e-be99-a1567bd3a625.html

Adhering to the Marquis of Queensbury Rules isn't going to do you much good when it comes to dealing with the Clintons and the DNC.....you have to get down to their level. I'm delighted to see Nunez and the Republicans fighting fire with fire
The plutocrats want your 401k.They will get it.

whitey

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on February 05, 2018, 12:16:06 PM

Anybody?

He has not done this.

So you think it is a false scandal that a political campaign was wiretapped, and a piece of unverified opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign was at least part of the application for the warrant?

You think it's a false scandal that the # 4 in the DOJ held secret and unauthorized meetings with Fusion GPS and Chris Steele? (And has been demoted)

So you think it's a false scandal that the same DOJ officials wife worked for Fusion GPS who produced the false dossier  and this was never disclosed?

You think it's a false scandal the the FBI agent of charge of the Hillary campaign stated that he feared retribution from the Clintons if we went into the investigation "loaded for bear"? (Assuming a Clinton victory  which was a foregone conclusion at the time he made the statement)

A political campaign was wiretapped?

You're making this claim and yet haven't come up with any evidence?

Who exactly in the Trump campaign was wiretapped?

What law has been broken here? Neither you nor the "memo" are able to say.

You and other Trump supporters have made all these grandiose claims about how the FBI "tried to undermine" the Trump campaign.

Yet you have never answered the most obvious question.

Why did news that the FBI was investigating the Trump campaign (and it would have been an absolute dereliction of duty not to given the intelligence from numerous sources) not break in the media until after the election?

If the FBI or Obama wanted to undermine the Trump campaign, they would have just spilled the beans about the investigation before the election.

It's absolutely comical that people like you think that serious allegations and evidence of collusion with a hostile foreign power shows bias on the part of the FBI. Real parallel universe stuff.

You didn't respond to the question of Nunes's credibility, by the way, likely because you know full well he has none. He's the Alex Jones of US politics - an absolute joke.

Interesting that you don't elaborate on whether Carter Page was a known Russian asset. I'll give you a hint: he was.

Do you think Carter Page is the type of person that should have been under surveillance? Hint: he very definitely was the type of person should have been under surveillance.

The memo admits that the reason Page was under surveillance was because of info about Papadopoulos.

And thus it is a complete and utter dud.

In any event, let's say for the craic that even if the Steele dossier had been the only source of evidence about Page in order to obtain a FISA warrant (which it wasn't), what's the problem?

It's up to a FISA court to determine whether evidence produced to obtain such a warrant is credible or not.

They determined it was, and they knew that the source of the evidence was political. Where evidence comes from doesn't matter a jot as long as it is credible.

The memo doesn't dispute the credibility of the evidence.

A FISA warrant will only be renewed as long as it's producing new information to merit an extension of that warrant. It was. Three times.

One of those times by Rosenstein.

And this is the crux of all this. Trump wants rid of Rosenstein because Rosenstein is actually doing his job.

And for Trump to get away with obstruction of justice, money laundering and collusion, he needs people in key positions to not do their jobs.

This "fake scandal" is a transparent attempt by a president who is guilty as hell to try and evade justice.

whitey

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/flashback-adam-schiff-called-fisa-transparency-russian-tv/

What do you think of this?

Schiff hasn't  one ounce of credibility

Dems will be sorry they started this whole witch hunt-major shit will be coming out about them in the near future

Remember where you heard about it first when it happens

Gabriel_Hurl

That trusted website - The American Mirror - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Talking about credibility - on Fox and Friends this morning - Nunes said "As far as we can tell, Papadopoulos had never even met with the President"

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 05, 2018, 03:08:06 PM
That trusted website - The American Mirror - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Talking about credibility - on Fox and Friends this morning - Nunes said "As far as we can tell, Papadopoulos had never even met with the President"

Are you saying the video clip is a forgery? 

Are you sayingnthat this is an actor impersonating Schiff?

So instead of explaining why Schiff is demanding more transparency on the FISA process on RUSSIAN TV.....you conveniently attack the source (even thought its a fvckin video clip of him speaking).....and then change the subject.

Funny how CNN or MSNBC isnt alerting its viewers to the video clip......or having Schiff on to explain his hypocrisy. 

As I said before, if Nunes and the Republicans have to play dirty to counteract the DNC and the Clinton dirty trick machine more power to them.

Gabriel_Hurl

funny how you just ignore Nunes being a liar

but like I say - keep fighting the good fight on a GAA Message Board  - maybe Mueller will take a look in here and see you have the case cracked

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 05, 2018, 03:35:26 PM
funny how you just ignore Nunes being a liar

but like I say - keep fighting the good fight on a GAA Message Board  - maybe Mueller will take a look in here and see you have the case cracked

Of course hes a liar.....just like Schiff and the Democrats are liars

If your confronted by liars, you counteract them by making up lies yourself....ie fighting fire with fire

heganboy

* you're

Just checking.

Your point is that the Republicans and Trump lie and make stuff up, only because the Democrats started it? Otherwise they would be as white and pure as a Tide Ad?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity