The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 24, 2018, 04:38:08 AM
So CNN retracted a story and apologized.

Where was Fox and Hannity's apology for that bullshit Seth Rich conspiracy story they kept pushing even after the family told them to stop?

I won't hold my breath on a response.
More Fox /gop bs

Secret FBI society wants to overthrow govt.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/status/955968310541193217/video/1

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2018, 01:01:33 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 24, 2018, 12:11:49 AM
Reality has a liberal bias.

Hahahah.....like the pro Bernie op ed in The NY Times that got edited with input from the Clinton campaign to turn it into an anti  BErnie op ed.....they'd give the National Enquirer  run for their money when it comes to journalistic standards and integrity

https://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/17/new-york-times-bernie-sanders-coverage-public-editor/

You're very fond of the single, repetitive anecdote "proving" some wider theory.

How many times have you posted this same story on this thread? Surely if the bias of the "lame stream media" is as rampant as you believe you can find some new material or maybe even some stats?

There is also the Bill Clinton quote on the worker doing 60 hours/week getting fucked by Obamacare which you can be quarantined to post if anyone mentions Obamacare.

You should have this stuff in your signature to save you the bother!

J70

Apparently the school mass shooting in Kentucky yesterday was the 11th of the year (i.e. the month!!) in the US.

But, it's pretty much background noise to everyday American life now. Barely merits a glance.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2018, 11:33:36 AM
Apparently the school mass shooting in Kentucky yesterday was the 11th of the year (i.e. the month!!).

But, it's pretty much background noise to everyday American life now. Barely merits a glance.
the 50th since the start of the school year.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2018, 10:57:57 AM

Hahahah.....like the pro Bernie op ed in The NY Times that got edited with input from the Clinton campaign to turn it into an anti  BErnie op ed.....they'd give the National Enquirer  run for their money when it comes to journalistic standards and integrity

https://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/17/new-york-times-bernie-sanders-coverage-public-editor/

You're very fond of the single, repetitive anecdote "proving" some wider theory.

How many times have you posted this same story on this thread? Surely if the bias of the "lame stream media" is as rampant as you believe you can find some new material or maybe even some stats?

There is also the Bill Clinton quote on the worker doing 60 hours/week getting fucked by Obamacare which you can be quarantined to post if anyone mentions Obamacare.

Truth hurts doesnt it?

I keeep brining it up because its one of the most outrageous example of bias I have ever seen from a "respectable" news source.

Dems love to preach about the need for a free press, but my God.......a political campaign was able to influence a major newspaper to alter an EDITORIAL. 

whitey

Where was Fox and Hannity's apology for that bullshit Seth Rich conspiracy story they kept pushing even after the family told them to stop?

Yes...Fox News is just as unreliable and untrustworthy as CNN. You are correct

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2018, 11:38:26 AM

Fox news is to CNN as Pinocchio is to Atticus Finch

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2018, 11:34:45 AM

Truth hurts doesnt it?

I keeep brining it up because its one of the most outrageous example of bias I have ever seen from a "respectable" news source.

Dems love to preach about the need for a free press, but my God.......a political campaign was able to influence a major newspaper to alter an EDITORIAL.

Anecdotes do not equal truth. And editorials, by definition, take a position. They're not meant to be even-handed or neutral.

Besides, surely you have some "better" examples of the "lame stream" media's supposed liberal bias than a piece on the most liberal senator in the country being edited in a less favourable way?

Surely after decades of whining there is some independent scientific data out there by now to support the bias charges?

J70

Have Fox apologized or offered an explanation for their Seth Rich campaign?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2018, 11:57:00 AM

Truth hurts doesnt it?

Anecdotes do not equal truth. And editorials, by definition, take a position. They're not meant to be even-handed or neutral.

Besides, surely you have some "better" examples of the "lame stream" media's supposed liberal bias than a piece on the most liberal senator in the country being edited in a less favourable way?

Surely after decades of whining there is some independent scientific data out there by now to support the bias charges?

So you don't have an issue with a pro Bernie editorial CHANGING mid morning into an anti Bernie editorial using Clinton campaign talking points? 

Gabriel_Hurl

So Fox are part of the lamestream media as well - good to know

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2018, 12:18:59 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2018, 11:57:00 AM

Truth hurts doesnt it?

So you don't have an issue with a pro Bernie editorial CHANGING mid morning into an anti Bernie editorial using Clinton campaign talking points?

As someone who (admittedly on the toss of a coin) voted for Bernie in the primary, I thought it was poorly handled. Not because of where they ended up, but how they got there. If the article was let through, then it should have been left that way. If you're going to take a stand that Bernie's accomplishments in the senate are relatively modest, then make that decision before releasing the article. The change wasn't a correction of fact. So it was an embarrassing moment for the Times.

But I've no issue with editorials favouring her over him (or vice versa at other publications). I read editorials and opinion pieces every day from all sides of politics (the Real Clear Politics app is an excellent clearing house for this stuff BTW). Personal preferences and biases and agendas are built into those.

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 24, 2018, 12:37:52 PM

So Fox are part of the lamestream media as well - good to know

I suppose they are now. In the past they weren't because you had to PAY to watch it

BTW you'll never find me defending Fox......haven't watched it in 10 years

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2018, 01:07:37 PM
BTW you'll never find me defending Fox......haven't watched it in 10 years

seafoid

Some good stuff on twitter recently

Evan McMullin

@Evan_McMullin

Trump is consistent about three things: 1) Love of self. 2) Love of Putin. 3) Hostility toward the FBI. And that is a very troubling combination.

The whole system of the U.S. was supposedly designed to keep people like Donald Trump away from power, and if they somehow slipped into power, to control them while there. That system is failing," says @davidfrum

David Axelrod

@davidaxelrod

·

3h

Note to those who fired back about the supreme authority of the @POTUS: The oath the AG and federal agents take is not a pledge of fidelity to the president. It is a pledge to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States."

David Axelrod

@davidaxelrod

What is clear is that this @POTUS believes that the @FBI and DOJ are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Trump, there to protect his interests, not the country's. He's dangerously wrong.

@NormOrnstein

·

3h

Must be pure coincidence. Oh, wait....

Adam Schiff

@RepAdamSchiff

Mueller subpoenas Bannon, Nunes produces spin memo; Mueller interviews Sessions, Johnson claims secret society in FBI;

Secret FBI society wants to overthrow govt.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/status/955968310541193217/video/1