The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Jaysus J70....were not agreeing on much today. I hope the artctic blast lifts soon as I have too much time on my hands

For those who don't live here and can't understand why anyone in a million years would vote for the Republicans reread what J70 just posted

He's advocating for illegals to be counted in the census!!!!

So if I'm the Democratic governor of a blue state, why not declare my state a sanctuary state. Illegals will (potentially) come flooding in, they'll get counted in the census and just like magic, my state gets increased representation and federal funding at the expense of states with legal and tax paying citizens.....

Mind boggling to say the least

https://fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/illegal-immigrants-distort-congressional-representation-and-federal-programs

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 06:03:38 PM
Jaysus J70....were not agreeing on much today. I hope the artctic blast lifts soon as I have too much time on my hands

For those who don't live here and can't understand why anyone in a million years would vote for the Republicans reread what J70 just posted

So if I'm the Democratic governor of a blue state, why not declare my state a sanctuary state. Illegals will (potentially) come flooding in, they'll get counted in the census and just like magic, my state gets increased representation and federal funding at the expense of states with legal and tax paying citizens.....

https://fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/illegal-immigrants-distort-congressional-representation-and-federal-programs

Illegals have always been counted in the census. Encouraging them not to answer and thus not be included in the numbers will only lead to faulty data, which has all kinds of repercussions way beyond mere political representation. The census is not meant to count the number of citizens; its meant to count the number of PEOPLE!

Since 2000, the long form census that for the previous 50 years used to go to one in six households is instead administered annually as the American Community Survey and collects data on citizenship and so forth.

Leave the census alone and fund and administer it properly without the politics!

Anyway, stay warm! Warming up down here tomorrow apparently.

seafoid

Trump apparatchik Stephen Miller intereviewed by Jake Tapper. He was doped off his head on something.  Weird

https://youtu.be/vU7v5A5P8BM

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 07:20:30 PM

And we will continue to not agree when you use material from the likes of FAIR to back yourself up!

Illegals have always been counted in the census. Encouraging them not to answer and thus not be included in the numbers will only lead to faulty data, which has all kinds of repercussions way beyond mere political representation. The census is not meant to count the number of citizens; its meant to count the number of PEOPLE!

Since 2000, the long form census that for the previous 50 years used to go to one in six households is instead administered annually as the American Community Survey and collects data on citizenship and so forth.

Leave the census alone and fund and administer it properly without the politics!

So as a legal citizen and why should the power of my vote be diluted by the presence of illegals in other states? (Assuming one of thes states picks up additional congressmy/women)

Believe whatever you want, but that is an insane position for Democrats to take if you want to sway swing voters?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 01:21:51 PM
I'm the most qualified, smartest, best prepared......blah, blah blah...Keep it up

That's precisely what she was. That's why she won the popular vote by over 2 million.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 03:25:07 PM
So the database access was blocked for one whole day due to a breach by the Sanders campaign for which they sacked someone. That's the extent of Bernie's campaign getting shut out of the database claim you made?

My point on the Iowa debate was that both candidates had blanketed Iowa by that stage. NH too.

And yes, it seems they wanted to play conservatively for Hillary with the debate scheduling. Poor on behalf of the DNC. But again , what difference did that ultimately make?

And I'm not getting the wording of the question significance. They all retreat to their canned answers, and how many different forms could a "what is your view on the Flint lead crisis and who is to blame?" question take?

They should have sacked Clinton not 'someone' Thats the part you lot are missing, there is zero accountability from the left, none, people are sick of you, sick to the back teeth of you, thats why she lost, thats why you lost, arrogance and a complete lack of comprehension as to what was going on in the country.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Declan

I've said it before on this thread but if you're interested in how the 2016 election was won you need to watch Greg Palast's the Best Democracy Money Can Buy

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 08, 2018, 03:13:04 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 01:21:51 PM
I'm the most qualified, smartest, best prepared......blah, blah blah...Keep it up

That's precisely what she was. That's why she won the popular vote by over 2 million.

Winning the popular vote  and $2:15 will get you a coffe at Dunkin Donuts

That's not our system

Gabriel_Hurl

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

And we will continue to not agree when you use material from the likes of FAIR to back yourself up!

So as a legal citizen and why should the power of my vote be diluted by the presence of illegals in other states? (Assuming one of thes states picks up additional congressmy/women)

Believe whatever you want, but that is an insane position for Democrats to take if you want to sway swing voters?

So all that matters is votes, and not the hard data necessary to keep a country functioning, stuff that relies on accurate counts of numbers of people?

I've no doubt the likes of yourself and the GOP can scaremonger and politicize the issue successfully (as with so many other issues), reducing the census in the perception of a lot of the public to a mere redistricting exercise, but in the real world all kinds of public policy and allocation of resources is based on actual numbers of people.

And all the while they're still collecting the citizenship data in the other annual survey...

J70

Quote from: stew on January 08, 2018, 09:58:11 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 03:25:07 PM
So the database access was blocked for one whole day due to a breach by the Sanders campaign for which they sacked someone. That's the extent of Bernie's campaign getting shut out of the database claim you made?

My point on the Iowa debate was that both candidates had blanketed Iowa by that stage. NH too.

And yes, it seems they wanted to play conservatively for Hillary with the debate scheduling. Poor on behalf of the DNC. But again , what difference did that ultimately make?

And I'm not getting the wording of the question significance. They all retreat to their canned answers, and how many different forms could a "what is your view on the Flint lead crisis and who is to blame?" question take?

They should have sacked Clinton not 'someone' Thats the part you lot are missing, there is zero accountability from the left, none, people are sick of you, sick to the back teeth of you, thats why she lost, thats why you lost, arrogance and a complete lack of comprehension as to what was going on in the country.

What are you on about?

The "someone" was a member of Bernie's campaign, sacked by HIM.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2018, 01:33:12 PM

So all that matters is votes, and not the hard data necessary to keep a country functioning, stuff that relies on accurate counts of numbers of people?

I've no doubt the likes of yourself and the GOP can scaremonger and politicize the issue successfully (as with so many other issues), reducing the census in the perception of a lot of the public to a mere redistricting exercise, but in the real world all kinds of public policy and allocation of resources is based on actual numbers of people.

And all the while they're still collecting the citizenship data in the other annual survey...

In 1990 there was 3M illegals in the country.....now there's 11M

Democratic governors and mayors are refusing to obey Federal Immigration Law by the establishment of sanctuary states and sanctuary cities

What was let slide in the past shouldn't be let slide any longer because the underlying dynamics have changed dramatically and not for the good

Time for the Republicans to play hardball on this

(And for the record Im all for DACA and for letting law abiding illegals stay)

heganboy

Whitey,
Without the census how do you know how many illegals to bitch about?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2018, 02:49:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2018, 01:33:12 PM

In 1990 there was 3M illegals in the country.....now there's 11M

Democratic governors and mayors are refusing to obey Federal Immigration Law by the establishment of sanctuary states and sanctuary cities

What was let slide in the past shouldn't be let slide any longer because the underlying dynamics have changed dramatically and not for the good

Time for the Republicans to play hardball on this

(And for the record Im all for DACA and for letting law abiding illegals stay)

Play hardball with what?

Intentionally discredit and defeat the purpose of the census before its even completed (assuming they get their shit together and organize it effectively, which is not looking likely), so that planners and governments, especially in big cities, don't know how, for example, many cops, school places or hospital beds are needed and where?

Its of a kind with abstinence-only sex education, creationism and climate denialism. Purely cynical, idealogical, political stance with no basis in reality.

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on January 08, 2018, 03:02:15 PM
Whitey,
Without the census how do you know how many illegals to bitch about?

You haven't been following the thread

Trump wants to count them accurately by including a question on legal status on the census form

J70 feels that this question will lead to an underreporting because illegals won't answer the census at all

And I'm  questioning if for purposes of representation and federal funding if illegals should factored into the equation because it dilutes the vote of legal law abiding citizens (if a state with lots of illegals gets more congressmen)