The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on January 06, 2018, 03:42:35 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 06, 2018, 03:21:03 PM
Non sequitur.

Time will tell.

From what I've read and heard there's some likelihood that either the FBI or DOJ (or both) were involved in colluding with the Clinton campaign to smear Trump. FFS the spouse of a senior DOJ official worked for Fusion GPS and himself met with the Fusion guys both before and after the election (without disclosing the meetings).  Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Republicans who did this?
if trump was shocked and his wife crying when it looked like he could win and didn't want too as stated earlier in this thread why would he be colluding with the Russians to win ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 06, 2018, 06:46:39 PM
Non sequitur.

Time will tell.

From what I've read and heard there's some likelihood that either the FBI or DOJ (or both) were involved in colluding with the Clinton campaign to smear Trump. FFS the spouse of a senior DOJ official worked for Fusion GPS and himself met with the Fusion guys both before and after the election (without disclosing the meetings).  Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Republicans who did this?
if trump was shocked and his wife crying when it looked like he could win and didn't want too as stated earlier in this thread why would he be colluding with the Russians to win ?

For the sake of argument, he could easily collude yet be convinced he couldn't win.

Wanting to win and thinking he would lose are not mutually exclusive mindsets.

screenexile

Non sequitur.

Time will tell.

Good man Piers!!!

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on January 06, 2018, 06:52:31 PM
Non sequitur.

Time will tell.

Good man Piers!!!
is it a legitimate point or not

whitey

Non sequitur.

Time will tell.

He may have been looking for ways to undermine Hillary after she won, just like she he Democrats are now doing to him

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 06, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
Non sequitur.

Time will tell.

He may have been looking for ways to undermine Hillary after she won, just like she he Democrats are now doing to him

Or the GOP with Obama and Clinton.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 06, 2018, 08:02:54 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 06, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
Non sequitur.

Time will tell.

Or the GOP with Obama and Clinton.

Suppose so.

That seems to be the new trend....you did however leave out the Democrats undermining GW Bush. Just heard a Democra say last week that he was the only President elected by the Supreme Court

theskull1

Why is financial incentives/bribes in relation to his business dealings not being considered as a possible reason?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: theskull1 on January 06, 2018, 08:30:07 PM
Why is financial incentives/bribes in relation to his business dealings not being considered as a possible reason?

Because Fox News haven't covered that yet.

seafoid

seafoid

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/549875/

Trump may imagine that he's Michael Corleone, the tough and canny rightful heir—or even Sonny Corleone, the terrifyingly violent but at least powerful heir apparent—but after today he is Fredo forever.

There's a key difference between film and reality, though: The Corleone family had the awareness and vigilance to exclude Fredo from power. The American political system did not do so well.

Michael Wolff's scathing new book about the Trump White House has sent President Trump spiraling into the most publicly visible meltdown of his presidency. Until now, Trump's worst moments have occurred behind closed doors, and have become known to the public only second-hand, leaked by worried officials, aides, and advisers. Yesterday and today, we have seen a Trump temper-tantrum in real time on Twitter, extended over hours, punctuated only by stretch of fitful presidential sleep. Trump's tweets yesterday focused largely on the blockbuster Wolff book, "Fire and Fury."

https://youtu.be/5Weaop_aiTg

whitey

My guess is that he's balls deep in laundering money for the Russians, but I have a hard time buying the whole collusion theory....these fvckin guys are one step up from the three stooges.....I think they're not smart enough to collude even if they tried

The Democrats have lost the white working and middle class vote and instead of admitting it and doing something to correct course (which would piss off the progressive wing) they need to come up with some other excuse for losing that doesn't involve them or their incompetence.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 06, 2018, 11:51:44 PM
My guess is that he's balls deep in laundering money for the Russians, but I have a hard time buying the whole collusion theory....these fvckin guys are one step up from the three stooges.....I think they're not smart enough to collude even if they tried

The Democrats have lost the white working and middle class vote and instead of admitting it and doing something to correct course (which would piss off the progressive wing) they need to come up with some other excuse for losing that doesn't involve them or their incompetence.

Jaysus Whitey

The line about the dems losing the working class vote dates from before Trump's tax cut for the 0.1% which the GOP will fund with social welfare cuts to programmes used by the schmucks who voted for Trump. The GOP is a billionaire play.

https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/

whitey

Not at all

I don't know if you live here or not, but (imho) the Dems have become the party of the non working class. They've become the party of the gender confused. They've. Become the party of the easily offended They've become the party of abortion up to and including the Day of birth. They've become the party of the criminal over the cop (I'm kinda exxagerating, but I think you get the point)

In the lead up to the election many on here laughed at me when I said Trump had a chance. I was on the road super early (4:00 AM) 5/6 times in a the 2 weeks leading up to the election. The Union, F150 driving guys you see on the road at that hour had Trump over Hillary stickers by a margin of 3:1.

As Bill Clinton said of Obamacare......it's the craziest thing ever. People humping it 60 hours a week.....their premiums have doubled and their coverage has been cut in half.  They're the people the Democratic Party has forgotten

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 01:00:18 AM
Not at all

I don't know if you live here or not, but (imho) the Dems have become the party of the non working class. They've become the party of the gender confused. They've. Become the party of the easily offended They've become the party of abortion up to and including the Day of birth. They've become the party of the criminal over the cop (I'm kinda exxagerating, but I think you get the point)

In the lead up to the election many on here laughed at me when I said Trump had a chance. I was on the road super early (4:00 AM) 5/6 times in a the 2 weeks leading up to the election. The Union, F150 driving guys you see on the road at that hour had Trump over Hillary stickers by a margin of 3:1.

As Bill Clinton said of Obamacare......it's the craziest thing ever. People humping it 60 hours a week.....their premiums have doubled and their coverage has been cut in half.  They're the people the Democratic Party has forgotten
A lot of ordinary people voted for Trump in good faith. They thought he would help them. For a new government controlled by you.

https://youtu.be/vST61W4bGm8

Trump was bankrolled by the Mercers

The Mercers didn't spend all that money to help people in Indiana. Would you shtop. That is not how it works.
As Mitch MC Connell said early on "we can get him to sign anything "

Clinton would also have been corrupt but she wouldn't have introduced a $1.5 tn tax cut for plutocrats  paid for by gutting the programs that people in Louisiana depend on to get by.

It is hard to see the GOP surviving the latest  betrayal of the US working class.