The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: vallankumous on November 03, 2017, 02:02:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 03, 2017, 01:56:10 PM
I get that Hillary did some jiggery pokery to get the nomination but why is Trump looking for a DOJ investigation into it? Surely it's an internal DNC matter that should be investigated by themselves.

They probably thought they were doing the smart thing letting Hillary sail through when in reality Bernie would have done better than her against Trump. They need to get their system back to a fair one to have any chance in 3 years time!

3 more years! That's depressing me never mind the Democrats

Would depress the most optimistic person. I don't know whats worse the buffoon Trump or his deluded followers.

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 03, 2017, 05:56:33 PM
I get that Hillary did some jiggery pokery to get the nomination but why is Trump looking for a DOJ investigation into it? Surely it's an internal DNC matter that should be investigated by themselves.

They probably thought they were doing the smart thing letting Hillary sail through when in reality Bernie would have done better than her against Trump. They need to get their system back to a fair one to have any chance in 3 years time!

Would depress the most optimistic person. I don't know whats worse the buffoon Trump or his deluded followers.

What's worse is that you lived through eight years of absolute awful governance from Obama and you have been bitchin about Trump from before he took office! Hell, yu cant even admit Obama wa brutal.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 05:06:03 PM
No, I'm saying if you're going to use Trump's childish terms of abuse for Hillary or whoever, then maybe you should acknowledge the sorry excuse for a human being that he himself is. I mean seriously, you're backing Trump, of all people, while condemning Hillary for being "crooked"? Seriously?

And what part of "all violence should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law" do you not understand?

To be fair I've not heard of President Trump rig a primary election, sell 20% of all uranium stocks to Russia, ignore a subpoena of a server containing 30,000 emails and destroy it and all evidence and spend 12 million conducting "opposition research" amongst other things.

You can say calling her "Crooked Hillary" is childish but I think it's pretty accurate.

I'm ordering this on ebay now. $18

CNN owe President Trump an apology
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/01/politics/donald-trump-election-2016-rigged/index.html

The anti-fascists fascists aren't always violent. Should they be arrested for interrupting public gatherings?
Should be locked up for breaching other peoples rights. 
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 03, 2017, 06:39:56 PM
No, I'm saying if you're going to use Trump's childish terms of abuse for Hillary or whoever, then maybe you should acknowledge the sorry excuse for a human being that he himself is. I mean seriously, you're backing Trump, of all people, while condemning Hillary for being "crooked"? Seriously?

And what part of "all violence should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law" do you not understand?

To be fair I've not heard of President Trump rig a primary election, sell 20% of all uranium stocks to Russia, ignore a subpoena of a server containing 30,000 emails and destroy it and all evidence and spend 12 million conducting "opposition research" amongst other things.

You can say calling her "Crooked Hillary" is childish but I think it's pretty accurate.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/01/politics/donald-trump-election-2016-rigged/index.html

The anti-fascists fascists aren't always violent. Should they be arrested for interrupting public gatherings?

How was the election rigged?

Did she hold a gun to people's heads in the voting booth? Did she collude with Putin and his troll farms to sink Bernie with fake propaganda? Did she have Bernie removed from ballots? Did Bernie's message not get out there?

What actual effect did the skullduggery have?

On the other hand, has Trump not admitted to buying access and favours from politicians left, right and center over the years ? Has he not swindled countless businesses out of their pay through bankruptcy, lawyers and plain telling them to go f**k themselves? Was he not pursued by the authorities for racially-based discrimination? Are there not questions over his kids trying to falsely inflate the values and sales of properties to attract buyers, with the DA looking the other way following campaign contributions from Trump's personal lawyer? Has he not settled cases of fraud involving his ludicrous "university" which was set up to swindle people out of their hard earned cash? Has he not been accused of sexual harassment and caught on tape boasting about it? Are there no questions about his dealings with the mafia back in the 80s?

No, the anti-fascists should not be arrested  for interrupting public gatherings. The US has free speech. If you don't want to be heckled or shouted down, hold your gathering in private.

Not seeing where CNN owes Trump an apology based on that article??

whitey

Do you think the Antifa people should be arrested if they smash people over the head with bicycle locks

Do you think they (or any protester) should be masked?

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 03, 2017, 07:55:55 PM
Do you think the Antifa people should be arrested if they smash people over the head with bicycle locks

Do you think they (or any protester) should be masked?

Obviously on the first. Have I not stated that multiple times today?

Second, I can think of examples where wearing a mask during a protest would be appropriate, so I've no problem with a mask per se.

To hide the identity of someone engaging in violence is obviously different and goes back to the first.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 07:09:06 PM

Did she hold a gun to people's heads in the voting booth? Did she collude with Putin and his troll farms to sink Bernie with fake propaganda? Did she have Bernie removed from ballots? Did Bernie's message not get out there?

On the other hand, has Trump not admitted to buying access and favours from politicians left, right and center over the years ? Has he not swindled countless businesses out of their pay through bankruptcy, lawyers and plain telling them to go f**k themselves? Was he not pursued by the authorities for racially-based discrimination? Are there not questions over his kids trying to falsely inflate the values and sales of properties to attract buyers, with the DA looking the other way following campaign contributions from Trump's personal lawyer? Has he not settled cases of fraud involving his ludicrous "university" which was set up to swindle people out of their hard earned cash? Has he not been accused of sexual harassment and caught on tape boasting about it? Are there no questions about his dealings with the mafia back in the 80s?

No, the anti-fascists should not be arrested  for interrupting public gatherings. The US has free speech. If you don't want to be heckled or shouted down, hold your gathering in private.

I was showing that President Trump was in fact correct.
I'm sure you watched CNN through the election and listened to their chatter. They pretty much called the president a liar throughout, especially when he made the statement about the rigging. That could never happen in the DNC etc.

See my tagline.

foxcommander

I'm sure you've seen the footage and it is nothing like just heckling. It's organised intimidation tactics. Absolutely disgraceful.
And you really think you're on the side of free speech. Laughable.

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on November 03, 2017, 04:52:24 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 03:51:52 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 03, 2017, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 03:15:09 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 03, 2017, 02:58:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: stew on November 03, 2017, 01:40:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 10:41:19 AM
Quote from: stew on November 03, 2017, 10:26:00 AM
Donna Brazile, that notorious neo conservative has turned on Killory, in her new book she talks of killory doing a deal, four months before she announced she was running for the office of POTUS btw, and her deal with the Democrat party, she was to have control over the entire process including managing campaign funds, no shock there, of course Bernie, when told the news accepted it, took it up the ass and did not kick up a fuss! Why I ask myself????

The democrat party is once again exposed as a corrupt, divided party, unfit to govern due to the elites f**king over the members once again, Kilory in 2020 for some of you lads and lassies on here no doubt! Sad! )

Yeah, the Dems are a mess.

They should look to the GOP for how to do unity, lack of corruption and elites looking out for the working man.

Oh... wait...

Think you need to say "killory" a few more times. No one has gotten the hint yet that you have an unhealthy obsession with and belief in the conspiracy theories surrounding her.

And you'll have to point out those among us who are clamouring for her to run again.

I dont give a fiddlers fart about the GOP! True story.

I dont believe in conspiracy theories you coward, I believe she is corrupt and a coward and she is both!

If she did run again you would back her over ANY Republican would you not????

Fascists out marching tomorrow pretending to be anti fascists, only in America!

If you don't believe in conspiracy theories, you must have ceased in the past few minutes. You've referred to the Vince Foster and other Clinton-related conspiracy theories plenty of times before, while you're still referring to Hillary as"killory".

As for the protests, how does anti-fascism equal fascism?

J70 - can we call her Crooked Hillary now?  ;D

PS - The way the "anti-facists" act is probably the reason.

Call her what you like, as long as you call Trump a lying, corrupt, morally bankrupt, misogynist at the same time.

As for the actions of the anti-fascists, sure, all violence should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

But that's not what I'm talking about. Violent protest is not synonymous with fascism. White supremacy and misogyny is abhorrent on its own merits, as is the right's and Trump's attempts to exploit white male resentment as a political tool. Violence doesn't come into it. Opposition to white supremacy is a noble cause. That some take it too far into violence or coopt it as a cover for violence doesn't change that.

You still can't concede she is poison. I take it that Brazille did this to screw up any chance of another run at 2020.

If you believe all this PC stuff I feel sorry for you. Your future generations will thank you I'm sure.

What are you on about?

I've said numerous times here that she was a terrible candidate and brought her defeat on herself through her sense of entitlement and considering herself above the law. I've little sympathy for her personally.

Yet you're the one on here talking glowingly and respectfully about "President Trump" and referring to Obama as "the Kenyan", so spare me the sanctimony.

I stand by the anti fascist bit. Feel free to debate the point.

Are you telling me that we need to be respectful towards ALL presidents?

If you have observed the behaviour of the anti-facists towards conservative speakers at college campuses and you're ok with it then there's nothing to debate.

A very loose use of that term I would suggest!!

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 03, 2017, 09:49:28 PM

I was showing that President Trump was in fact correct.
I'm sure you watched CNN through the election and listened to their chatter. They pretty much called the president a liar throughout, especially when he made the statement about the rigging. That could never happen in the DNC etc.

See my tagline.

Given that he was going about three million illegals voting in the election and has appointed a bogus committee to look into voter fraud for which there isn't a scintilla of evidence, I'd say the calls were correct.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 03, 2017, 10:00:35 PM

I'm sure you've seen the footage and it is nothing like just heckling. It's organised intimidation tactics. Absolutely disgraceful.
And you really think you're on the side of free speech. Laughable.

It's like talking to a wall with you.

I think we can all agree that violence and any law breaking (AGAIN) should be met with the full force of the law. Throw the book at them.

Shouting, heckling, hurting feelings... tough shit.

I'll bet you've no issue with people being verbally abused outside abortion clinics?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 11:12:10 PM

It's like talking to a wall with you.

Now you're catching on, old boy!

Solution:

Profile > Mouseover Modify Profile > Buddies / Ignore List > Edit Ignore List

Type his name into the box and add him. It'll save you so much bother.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2017, 06:14:29 PM

What's worse is that you lived through eight years of absolute awful governance from Obama and you have been bitchin about Trump from before he took office! Hell, yu cant even admit Obama wa brutal.

You and few others on thread are good for a chuckle i give you that. A buffoon like Trump should never be allowed into office he makes George W Bush look like a genius and the mess Bush left behind will be nothing compared to the chaos Trump will leave behind.

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 04, 2017, 01:12:22 AM

You and few others on thread are good for a chuckle i give you that. A buffoon like Trump should never be allowed into office he makes George W Bush look like a genius and the mess Bush left behind will be nothing compared to the chaos Trump will leave behind.

i do not like Trump but he was democratically elected by the people so why should he not have been allowed in office? Also lets talk about obamas defecit clusterfuck and get back to me on who is good for a chuckle on here snowflake!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 04, 2017, 01:12:22 AM

Trump was the beginning of the end.

Add in Newt Gingrich and you have a fvckin $shite show of epic proportions.

Those on the right pandered to the extremes and did those on the left

This past cycle, we had the emergence essentially of 2 third party candidates.....Trump and Bernie

Bernie got cheated out of the nomination on the Democratic side  and the Main Stream Media colluded with the Democrats to ensure Trump won the Republican nomination.....at that point in time, Trump was the only Republican that the polls whoed Hillary beating