The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Only one person here is claiming to be part of a "patriot movement" I posted an example of one.

Is it that hard to get through your head?

Seamus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 30, 2017, 06:08:40 PM
Only one person here is claiming to be part of a "patriot movement" I posted an example of one.

Is it that hard to get through your head?

What ever makes you think I'm a white nationalist or something of its ilk? They are all part of the divide and conquer agenda. I'm for the complete opposite. The "movement" I mentioned is not an organization, it could be an individual peacefully attempting to inform the disillusioned like you.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

heganboy

Seamus,
You're not paranoid if they are all after you...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Seamus

Quote from: heganboy on October 30, 2017, 08:19:05 PM
Seamus,
You're not paranoid if they are all after you...

I do not know of anybody who is after me. If you are talking of corrupt governments and their pretend agencies their criminal activity is or should be plain for all to see. 
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

omaghjoe

LeoMc

Quote from: Seamus on October 30, 2017, 04:39:16 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 30, 2017, 04:27:47 PM

Go on tell us a bit about your 'movement'?

Is this the best you can come up with? Go back to sleep
Genuinely interested. What is the movement? How big or widespread is it? What does it stand for or stand against?

seafoid

It is interesting to see the patterns developing in the Trump presidency. One is U turns where a policy is upended by Trump talking shite and/ or his lack of attention to detail. 

1. Via FT
"While in Riyadh, Trump met regional leaders, including the emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani. He said the US and Qatar had been "friends for a long time" and that the two leaders discussed the Qatari purchase of "lots of beautiful military equipment"

Just more than two weeks later, however, after Riyadh cut ties with Qatar, Trump tweeted support for the move, claiming that when it came to funding radical ideology, "leaders point to Qatar".
It's unlikely (to say the least) that Donald Trump realised we are running the entire air war out of Qatar prior to his tweet," said Andrew Exum, a deputy assistant secretary of defence for Middle East policy in the Obama administration."

2. The healthcare vote. Trump sent Ryan Zinke, his interior minister to threaten Lisa Murkowski with budget cuts for Alaska if she did  not vote for Trump care in the Senate. Murkowski is chair of a Senate committee than sets Zinke''s department's budget. She told him to go back and tell Trump.
Facepalm.

3 US néo nazis
Via FT
"The official transcript of last Tuesday's presentation in the gilded lobby of Trump Tower in New York is still entitled"Remarks by President Trump on Infrastructure".But history will remember it rather differently: as the day Trump took on reporters in a verbal brawl, drew a moral equivalence between white supremacists and anti-Nazis and shredded his own pretensions to being a serious politician.

"If he'd just kept his mouth shut, which he couldn't do," mused Rich Galen, former press secretary to ex-vice-president Dan Quayle. "Maybe that becomes the metaphor for any legislative agenda: nothing comes before Trump and airing a grievance.""

Trump does not have a coherent agenda. Conservatives need to wake up.

screenexile

Surprised there's very little talk on here about the terror attack. Horrible thing to happen and difficult to see what could have been done to prevent it really.

In all the talk since I actually agree with what a lot of the """""Conservative""""" (using the term very loosely) commentators are saying.

I don't know a whole lot about the American immigration system but a lottery doesn't sound to me like the best system for letting people into your country. How merit based is the system and how many criteria do you have to fulfil before you can enter the lottery?

I think a merit based system has to be the way forward for every country especially with the threat now posed from terror.

It's a pity that they shut down this type of debate a few weeks ago after the Vegas massacre and said "we shouldn't be talking about policy when the bodies are still warm" and yet look what happens when there's a terror incident? Republicans haven't fucked up about the terror incident since it happened!!!

The Iceman

I have mixed experiences with the immigration system. If you go the right route it still isn't straightforward to get in here. But once you're in it is relatively easy to stay.  Once you're a citizen it is relatively easy to bring over your extended family. And it isn't expensive when you look at the visa costs of other countries like Australia..

RE: the terror attack in NY - another mindless attack. RIP to all the poor souls that lost their lives and the injured. I say mindless because this boy didn't really know what he was at. 4 blocks of driving and he hit 20 people? armed with a paint gun and a pellet gun? in NY of all places where there are throngs of people crossing through every junction...you choose a bike path at a quieter time that has an early warning system of being a bike path and if you see a truck coming theres something wrong...?
very strange I dont think he was trained, or pushed or strategic, he watched some youtube videos, got radicalized on the internet and sought some virgins
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2017, 11:57:11 AM
Surprised there's very little talk on here about the terror attack. Horrible thing to happen and difficult to see what could have been done to prevent it really.

In all the talk since I actually agree with what a lot of the """""Conservative""""" (using the term very loosely) commentators are saying.

I don't know a whole lot about the American immigration system but a lottery doesn't sound to me like the best system for letting people into your country. How merit based is the system and how many criteria do you have to fulfil before you can enter the lottery?

I think a merit based system has to be the way forward for every country especially with the threat now posed from terror.

It's a pity that they shut down this type of debate a few weeks ago after the Vegas massacre and said "we shouldn't be talking about policy when the bodies are still warm" and yet look what happens when there's a terror incident? Republicans haven't fucked up about the terror incident since it happened!!!

I wouldn't even regard this as "real" terror

A misguided impressionable individual who got led astray

FFS if he waited a few hours he could have killed hundreds at the Halloween parade which is held a couple of miles from his attack....usually has well over 1M attendees

Denn Forever

Lads, I hope Home Land Security isn't monitoring site or ye may be receivind a sharp rap on the door.

RIP to all who perished.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

foxcommander

But there is something that can be done - as President Trump has continually stated that a merit based system would help stop such future incidents.

Not surprisingly the usual liberal cheerleaders are very silent today alright. Probably because the guy entered the US on the Diversity visa lottery program. Way to go Senator Schumer. It shows that their dream of flooding the country with ready made democrat voters has some flaws.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on November 01, 2017, 01:48:11 PM

But there is something that can be done - as President Trump has continually stated that a merit based system would help stop such future incidents.

Not surprisingly the usual liberal cheerleaders are very silent today alright. Probably because the guy entered the US on the Diversity visa lottery program. Way to go Senator Schumer. It shows that their dream of flooding the country with ready made democrat voters has some flaws.

Schumer voted to scrap the Lottery program in 2013?!!!!

easytiger95

Any chance of explaining how a merit based system would help stop such incidents?

(BTW President also continually stated that the crowds for his inauguration were bigger than Obama's - him saying it doesn't make it true, if that was the way you are going to go.

Also, Trump knew nothing about a merit-based system until it was mooted in a bill written by Tom Cotton earlier this year - a bill that didn't even command unanimous support from his own Republican colleagues in the Senate. So let's not credit Donald J. with knowledge and insight he does not possess.
)

foxcommander

Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2017, 02:12:01 PM

Schumer voted to scrap the Lottery program in 2013?!!!!

Saipov arrived in the US in 2010.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie