The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

if that was on the ft it was a comment...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on October 29, 2017, 10:02:54 PM
Seamus,
That was a very interesting take on events. Thanks for the spin, batshit, but interesting. 

Whitey,
Again one of those times when I agree with you, it will be nothing if not interesting, and despite all the pontificating, not a single commentator has a clue what way this is going to play out.

I feel that this is not going to be as partisan as many believe, and that the take down will be cross party. Which to be honest is what America needs, which is to stop placing blind Faith in politicians along party lines.

Here's hoping....

Well said hegan, there are more than enough rats on both sides of the aisle that need jailed.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Keyser soze

Here, what's all this providing links and citations carry on about......fire the stuff up and pretend it's your own deep political insights....like Seamus...  ;D

seafoid

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/29/donald-trump-robert-mueller-russia-chris-christie

Donald Trump sent an extraordinary fusillade of angry tweets about the investigation into possible ties between his election campaign and Russia, amid reports that the special counsel leading the inquiry could make its first arrests as soon as Monday.

Trump, in a series of tweets on Sunday referencing what he called "phony Trump/Russia 'collusion' which doesn't exist", accused Democrats of a "witch hunt" and "evil politics", before adding that Republicans were "fighting back like never before".

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on October 30, 2017, 09:50:16 AM
Quote from: heganboy on October 30, 2017, 01:45:17 AM
if that was on the ft it was a comment...
The comments are often better than the articles

https://www.ft.com/content/a9f36410-bba8-11e7-b8a3-38a6e068f464#comments

Ahh....so in other words it isnt vetted or verified for accuracy or balance.

Gabriel_Hurl

No surprise that it's Manafort

QuoteWASHINGTON — Paul Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were told to surrender to federal authorities Monday morning, the first charges in a special counsel investigation, according to a person involved in the case.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump's former campaign chairman, and Mr. Gates, a business associate of Mr. Manafort, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president's first year in office.

Mr. Gates is a longtime protégé and junior partner of Mr. Manafort. His name appears on documents linked to companies that Mr. Manafort's firm set up in Cyprus to receive payments from politicians and businesspeople in Eastern Europe, records reviewed by The New York Times show.

Mr. Manafort had been under investigation for violations of federal tax law, money laundering and whether he appropriately disclosed his foreign lobbying.

Attempts to reach Mr. Gates on Monday were not successful. A spokesman for Mr. Manafort did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 30, 2017, 12:00:55 PM

QuoteWASHINGTON — Paul Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were told to surrender to federal authorities Monday morning, the first charges in a special counsel investigation, according to a person involved in the case.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump's former campaign chairman, and Mr. Gates, a business associate of Mr. Manafort, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president's first year in office.

Mr. Gates is a longtime protégé and junior partner of Mr. Manafort. His name appears on documents linked to companies that Mr. Manafort's firm set up in Cyprus to receive payments from politicians and businesspeople in Eastern Europe, records reviewed by The New York Times show.

Mr. Manafort had been under investigation for violations of federal tax law, money laundering and whether he appropriately disclosed his foreign lobbying.

Attempts to reach Mr. Gates on Monday were not successful. A spokesman for Mr. Manafort did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

This is only the start of it

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on October 30, 2017, 12:51:30 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 30, 2017, 12:00:55 PM

This is only the start of it

Hopefully he goes down in flames. Someone with his type of baggage shouldn't have been let within an asses roar of a Republican campaign.  This may only be the start......interesting that the charges have absolutely nothing to do with the election...Mueller might just be putting the squeeze on Manafort to spill the beans

J70

Seamus,
That was a very interesting take on events. Thanks for the spin, batshit, but interesting. 

Whitey,
Again one of those times when I agree with you, it will be nothing if not interesting, and despite all the pontificating, not a single commentator has a clue what way this is going to play out.

I feel that this is not going to be as partisan as many believe, and that the take down will be cross party. Which to be honest is what America needs, which is to stop placing blind Faith in politicians along party lines.

Here's hoping....

I don't think it's as positive as putting blind faith in politicians along party lines, as it is people first and foremost being scared shitless by all the demonization and negativity about the other side.

Seamus and stew and their Alex Jones/Fox News conspiracy paranoia might be the extreme manifestation, but ultimately most people are involved and voting on a defensive basis, based on fear of the other side more than any great belief in the capabilities and good faith of their own representatives.

(Although Trump is, alarmingly, a departure even from the usual nasty norm in that he is also embracing the Alex Jones/Fox News bullshit)

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 30, 2017, 01:07:32 PM
Seamus,

Whitey,

Here's hoping....

I don't think it's as positive as putting blind faith in politicians along party lines, as it is people first and foremost being scared shitless by all the demonization and negativity about the other side.

Seamus and stew and their Alex Jones/Fox News conspiracy paranoia might be the extreme manifestation, but ultimately most people are involved and voting on a defensive basis, based on fear of the other side more than any great belief in the capabilities and good faith of their own representatives.

(Although Trump is, alarmingly, a departure even from the usual nasty norm in that he is also embracing the Alex Jones/Fox News bullshit)

Don't lump me in with Fox news you facker!

I liken my affiliation with the republican party like I do my affiliation with Manchester United FC in that I would prefer to see Liverpool lose the title than United win it, similarly I prefer Republicans to be in office because I f**king hate the liberal elite in the democrat party with every fibre of my being.

I watch Fox News on occasion, if only to get the stench of CNN of of me after watching their version of the news, same applies to NBC, CNN and of course, msnbc.

Gabriel_Hurl

"Conspiracy against the United States"

stew

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 30, 2017, 01:38:02 PM
"Conspiracy against the United States"

Great news, drain the swamp begins in earnest, I hope every filthy politican who is bought and paid for gets his/her ass nailed to the floor no matter what party they belong to!

foxcommander

CNN go bananas!! Warning liberals - this might be funny.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5628715963001/?#sp=show-clips
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie