The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Thing is, the checks and balances on the US system seem to be holding. Even with majorities in both houses they couldn't get away with their healthcare massacre.

Oraisteach

Came pretty close, Eamonn.  I'll be more impressed if Congress acts to prevent Pumpkinhead from canning Mueller.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Hardy on August 04, 2017, 01:06:49 AM
We live in dangerous times. The three most belligerent and dangerous states in the world are all in the charge of egomaniacal lunatics.

U.S., UK, and...?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 04, 2017, 01:50:16 AM
Came pretty close, Eamonn.  I'll be more impressed if Congress acts to prevent Pumpkinhead from canning Mueller.

I'd be more worried about Trump declaring war to divert attention from Mueller's inquiry.  Yeah, yeah, congress is supposed to have the sole power to declare war, but that hasn't mattered at all to Presidents for the last 60 years or so.

whitey

Whatever you think about Trump, keep in mind that the Democrats forces a candidate onto the ballot that was so divisive, voters who voted for Barack Obama TWICE switched sides and voted for Trump

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on August 04, 2017, 03:37:05 AM
Whatever you think about Trump, keep in mind that the Democrats forces a candidate onto the ballot that was so divisive, voters who voted for Barack Obama TWICE switched sides and voted for Trump
People were worried about healthcare. Trump promised them better and much cheaper healthcare.
They were worried about jobs. Trump promised to bring back jobs. They were worried about inequality. Trump promised to stand up to Wall St.

There is a sucker born every minute

J70

So is McMaster next for the chop? Would Kelly allow it?

A lot of the sycophants are pissed off that McMaster said "nothing to see here" and let Susan Rice keep her top level security clearance. Hannity apparently had a fit! Another conspiracy theory busted Sean?? Not a good week with the Seth Rich thing blowing up in your face a couple of days back too!  ;D  ;D

mrdeeds

Read the leaked converstaion between Trump and leaders of Mexico and Canada. Comedy gold.

stew

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 04, 2017, 11:57:42 AM
Read the leaked converstaion between Trump and leaders of Mexico and Canada. Comedy gold.

It really is )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 03, 2017, 10:54:05 PM
The tighter the noose, the more likely a rash attack on North Korea, I fear.  Nothing like a war to refocus attention.

If that was truly the case the clintons would have started ww3 years ago.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on August 04, 2017, 08:40:30 AM
People were worried about healthcare. Trump promised them better and much cheaper healthcare.
They were worried about jobs. Trump promised to bring back jobs. They were worried about inequality. Trump promised to stand up to Wall St.

But I thought Obamacare was working just fine.....at least that's what Nancy Pelosi  told me

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 04, 2017, 12:24:05 PM

But I thought Obamacare was working just fine.....at least that's what Nancy Pelosi  told me

It's obviously working ok for quite a few, otherwise the GOP would have put their money where their mouth is when it came to the crunch, unlike the seven years of scaremongering where they could say and do what they liked with the security blanket of Obama's veto pen wrapped around them. It's been quite telling over the years how popular various planks of Obamacare have been when polled alone, but when put in a package named after Obama, with death panels thrown in for effect, GOP rhetoric has its affect on the opinions of so many. One of these decades, the GOP will tell us how to make healthcare work, even if not insuring so many and covering so much and at such a beautiful, tremendously low cost, as promised by Trump (albeit before "who knew how complicated healthcare was!").

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on August 04, 2017, 12:24:05 PM

51% approval I think

Lots of GOP voters got to.like the idea. This is why the GOP is trína chéile.  It can't find a formula of words to serve the 1% parasites and the voters

J70

There's something amiss with Trump, with the constant childish boasting and need for validation.

Could you imagine any other world leader (outside of the Kims or whatever!) saying something like the following?:

"This is what I've been saying for a year and a half on the campaign trail. I've been telling this to every group of 50,000 people or 25,000 people - because no one people in their rallies as big as I did. I got elected on this proposal, along with military and healthcare."

What the f**k has the size of his crowds got to do with anything?

Leaving aside the pathetic and pitiful pleading for the Mexican president stop saying he would pay for the wall, what must world leaders be thinking listening to this needy boasting and glaring insecurity?

seafoid

Trump speeches go heavy on paranoia and narcissism