The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: heganboy on June 09, 2017, 05:07:59 PM
Impeachment requires majority vote, not possible.

The president is a liar says the newly sacked director of the FBI
Russia did interfere in the election
Special investigator has all the evidence, his call.
Dodd Frank shut down against the banks advice and No-one noticed​

somehow this is normal. Four legs good two legs bad.

The US tax and electoral system is broken. The right to free speech has been so bastardized that wall to wall opinions are characterized as news.

The people of the US are been screwed by a system that is in no way shape or form set up to provide for them.

I may disagree with many of the posters here but their right to an opinion is absolute. Sadly the right to provide misinformation and to solicit their opinion against their best interest is being well catered to. The myth of the American dream which is now out of the reach of 99.99% of the population is being used to drive votes. What do you mean health care and education, if you follow your dream and become a billionaire, you wouldn't want to pay tax would you? Hell no I wouldn't. Well then vote like you were a billionaire!
Women's rights? Education? Billionaires don't care about that.
Fair and balanced? Course we are, says so in the slogan doesn't it?
Loony left taking our jobs, our money, our way of life. Course they are President said so didn't he? Believe him, he keeps saying it.

Russia should be our friends, they have no interest in screwing with us.
China are taking our jobs, these deals are bad, very bad for the American people I'm going to renegotiate, I do deals.

You know what let's vote for him, he's a successful businessman, what's the worst that could happen, and anyway I hate Hillary.

Paul Ryan "the president is new at this, he's new to government, so he's not steeped in the long-running protocols that's established between DOJ, FBI, and White Houses. He's just new to this."

When we keep presenting opinions on either side as facts, and we demonize other opinions you get a polarized society. Lowest common denominator gets the most votes and everything is presented as being in the interest of the lowest common denominator. which is apparently the coal mining industry in the US, which to be clear employs less people than Arby's and according to the CEO of the biggest coal company in the nation said Trump can't bring those jobs back.

Stew and Fox, I disagree with you entirely. But I don't see an option in the current political system in the US that provides something for your well being in a manner that makes you happy.  So I'm stuck with your rants and I'm sure I will snap back at a few of them.

In the meantime to all with an interest in US politics. Read, educate yourselves, look at US history and look at economic distribution by area and industry. Look at migration patterns, aging population demographics and youth demographics. Look to the future and how you'll deal with it, because now is already the past.

And to prove that economists occasionally get stuff right, Mr Keynes once said, "in the long run we are all dead" so there's that to look forward to.

You have to accept Clinton was unelectabke, she lost to Trump for petes sake, i am not now not wss i evef a Trump supporter, i would have voted for saunders, what you need to get through your head hegan is that the american people are sick of the democrats, there are too many corrupt career politicans who exploit the people nit represent them and the majority of these sewrr rats are liberals.

At every level the democrat party is corrupt, they have iwned Chicago for a century and it is in parts a hell hole and drug haven for dealers and gangsters, that is but one example, there are many more.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

1. Clinton got significantly more votes than Trump. You can call her many things, including being a horrible candidate. Unelectable is not a label that fits though, especially as she'd have been more than capable of doing the job as a mainstream Democrat.

2. It's probably redundant or pointless to even ask at this stage, but do you have any real data to back up your claims on the relative incidence of corruption stew?

Oraisteach

Glad that Steve Scalise was not killed, but there is a degree of irony in that he had received an A+ rating from the NRA.

I also believe it's the 195th mass shooting this year.

Scalise also said, "I'm like David Duke without the baggage." Hmm. . . .

He also voted in favor of allowing the mentally ill to buy weapons.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 13, 2017, 08:58:09 PM
Obama did the sort of thing you'd expect a president to do, especially one that's in touch with the people. Fox hates it simply because Obama is black.

If you believe that ladt line you are a complete and utter imbecile!

You want hate? I give you yesterdays attack on a congressman and his colleagues and staffers, thsts pure hate son!

Some liberal cocksuckers have called for the bombing of tge white house and the death of Trump, I have never wished gharm.on anyone but by f**k i am close to it with some of these souless millionaires calling for the white house to be bombed and Trump to be killed etc.

stew

Quote from: Hardy on June 15, 2017, 09:30:47 AM

I am calm kid. I just hate uber liberalism and the far right can f**k aff as well.  :)

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on June 15, 2017, 09:39:33 AM

I am calm kid. I just hate uber liberalism and the far right can f**k aff as well:)
Well, f**k off, so!

seafoid

Politifact studied the content on Fox. 60% of statements were either mostly or totally false. A further 19% of statements were half false.

J70

Quote from: stew on June 15, 2017, 09:02:35 AM
Obama did the sort of thing you'd expect a president to do, especially one that's in touch with the people. Fox hates it simply because Obama is black.

You want hate? I give you yesterdays attack on a congressman and his colleagues and staffers, thsts pure hate son!

Some liberal cocksuckers have called for the bombing of tge white house and the death of Trump, I have never wished gharm.on anyone but by f**k i am close to it with some of these souless millionaires calling for the white house to be bombed and Trump to be killed etc.

What was your feeling in Trump saying last summer that if Hillary won and got to appoint judges, that there would be nothing anyone could do... except for the "second amendment people" (closely echoing the moronic Sharon Angle and her "second amendment remedies" comment or umpteen other GOP and NRA people who reckon gun violence rhetoric aimed at liberals is ok).

Is Trump a "cocksucker" for a reckless comment like that which could easily be interpreted as a threat and which attracted the attention of the secret service? Is your anger at the rhetoric aimed at the GOP and their leader too?

I would add that it is pretty much one side which wants anyone and everyone to have unfettered access to high powered weapons such as that used by the attacker yesterday. And it ain't the liberals.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2017, 11:34:06 AM
Politifact studied the content on Fox. 60% of statements were either mostly or totally false. A further 19% of statements were half false.

Yeah, but Politifact and Snopes and all the rest... just fake news! ::)

foxcommander

It's all that Eamon has to offer so it's no surprise.

Let's not beat around the bush here - yesterdays events in Virginia is down to the rhetoric being spouted by the democrats and their highly visible advocates.

When you tell the people that 'unrest' and 'resist' are ok ways of attacking the other side some lunatic is going to take that message that little bit further.

Maybe, just maybe, they'll take a look at themselves and the messages they are giving their supporters and quit the constant demonization of those on the right. I've said it before that they are setting a terrible precedent for future presidents.

The mobs have been stoked by Schumer, Pelosi, Warren, Waters, Green etc. on a daily basis. It needs to stop.
Accept that Donald Trump is president. Get over blaming Russia for losing. Exposing the dirty secrets of the Democrat party is not interference. If anything it does the electorate a favour.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

Who's responsible for the shooting of Gabby Giffords then, Fox? You gonna hold Sarah Palin responsible for that after her "Second Amendment solutions" speech?

Or on the latest shooting how about Rand "Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!" Paul?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 15, 2017, 08:55:51 PM
Who's responsible for the shooting of Gabby Giffords then, Fox? You gonna hold Sarah Palin responsible for that after her "Second Amendment solutions" speech?

Or on the latest shooting how about Rand "Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!" Paul?

That's a pathetic attempt of whataboutery Eamon. Not in the same league.
It's been a unified message coming from the democrat party for months to resist and cause unrest for the new administration.
I hope they are ashamed of themselves now. Doubt it though.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 15, 2017, 06:05:16 PM

It's all that Eamon has to offer so it's no surprise.

Let's not beat around the bush here - yesterdays events in Virginia is down to the rhetoric being spouted by the democrats and their highly visible advocates.

When you tell the people that 'unrest' and 'resist' are ok ways of attacking the other side some lunatic is going to take that message that little bit further.

Maybe, just maybe, they'll take a look at themselves and the messages they are giving their supporters and quit the constant demonization of those on the right. I've said it before that they are setting a terrible precedent for future presidents.

The mobs have been stoked by Schumer, Pelosi, Warren, Waters, Green etc. on a daily basis. It needs to stop.
Accept that Donald Trump is president. Get over blaming Russia for losing. Exposing the dirty secrets of the Democrat party is not interference. If anything it does the electorate a favour.

So the killing and targeting muslims and other foreigners in the US in recent months is down to Trump then.

That's where your logic leads.

And "demonization"??

You're either on the wind-up or incredibly ignorant given the record of the right, including Trump himself.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on June 15, 2017, 10:39:26 PM

So the killing and targeting muslims and other foreigners in the US in recent months is down to Trump then.

That's where your logic leads.

And "demonization"??

You're either on the wind-up or incredibly ignorant given the record of the right, including Trump himself.

J - who's been killing muslims and foreigners in the us in recent months??

Seriously - is this your argument to defend the democrats from their nasty viscous campaign which has lead to an attempted assassination of republican politicians
Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg, Madonna advocating the murder of the president. CNN, MSNBC and the likes promoting it

You bucks have really lost the plot.