The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on March 01, 2017, 08:39:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2017, 08:15:42 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 01, 2017, 07:47:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2017, 07:32:00 PM
Right, because the GOP gave Obama nonstop ovations during his speeches. ::)

At least the Dems didn't shout "you lie!"

And once again, foxcommander singles out the black person or issue for a special bit of vitriol. John Lewis this week, Leslie Jones last. Who's next?

Typical liberal- Quick, quick, quick - shout racist!!

YOU brought up Leslie Jones - so you can't make a comment about her in response? Is that the way it works for you liberals?

Well played J70.

Well played indeed!

I brought up Leslie Jones in reference to Yiannopolous and his downfall giving her cause for satisfaction.

The only thing you felt worthy of comment was Jones and her appearance (what was it you said? her/he/it or something?). Nothing whatsoever on Milo and the reason she should feel a little smug.

One of the constants of the board is that you never fail to stick the boot in, usually in a pathetic idiotic manner, when it comes to black people. Lewis, a man whose boots I'd say just about none of us are fit to tie, being just the latest example.

I  never mentioned anything about Jones' appearance. Have you watched her comedy?

You seem fixated on race.

Lewis's actions in the last few months have said enough about him.

Hey, feel free to explain "comedian/comedienne/other" or how that should be interpreted if not a comment on her appearance.

What has Lewis done in the last few months?

sid waddell

Quote from: foxcommander on March 01, 2017, 08:39:32 PM

Lewis's actions in the last few months have said enough about him.
What do you think about Trump's actions in the last few months? Or the last year and few months?

What do you think those actions say about him?

J70

Who cares? I mean, the Dems sat on their hands (and some laughed!) when Trump talked about draining the swamp last night! ;D

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2017, 09:25:20 PM
Who cares? I mean, the Dems sat on their hands (and some laughed!) when Trump talked about draining the swamp last night! ;D
The Dem leadership made sure Ellison wasn't chosen to head the DNC.  Plutocracy rules

J70

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2017, 01:43:12 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2017, 09:25:20 PM
The Dem leadership made sure Ellison wasn't chosen to head the DNC.  Plutocracy rules

I'm happy with Perez. And Perez did the right thing by making Ellision Deputy.

seafoid

Sessions the AG lied about not meeting the Russians. Very interesting.

Hardy

When to the Sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of the truthfulness you sought,
And with new lies leave everyone aghast.

screenexile

stew

And once again, foxcommander singles out the black person or issue for a special bit of vitriol. John Lewis this week, Leslie Jones last. Who's next?

Wise up you clown! When has he ever said anything racist on here???

You are seeing things that arent there at this stage.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on March 02, 2017, 10:21:13 AM

Wise up you clown! When has he ever said anything racist on here???

You are seeing things that arent there at this stage.

Where did I say he says anything racist?

I said he never misses an opportunity to stick the boot in when it comes to black people or issues.

Declan

This Sessions thing is gas - It appears he said "I did not have communication relations with that Russian" Presumably Ken Starr is on speed dial

seafoid

Quote from: Declan on March 02, 2017, 01:42:10 PM
This Sessions thing is gas - It appears he said "I did not have communication relations with that Russian" Presumably Ken Starr is on speed dial
They are obviously hiding something

easytiger95

Quote from: Hardy on March 01, 2017, 01:12:53 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on March 01, 2017, 12:46:15 PM
I have just started reading Andrew Lees' "The Holocaust" - it's a detailed history of the philosophy behind, lead up to, and events of, the Holocaust.

I'm only 50 pages in and still on Hitler's rise, and on at least 10 occasions so far, I've been stunned by the parallels between Hitler's methodology and Trump's. It is petrifying.

BUT... and it's a big but...Hitler was clearly a true believer, an ideologue who quite clearly wanted to fashion the world to his vision. Trump quite clearly is not. I don't doubt that he is racist (his court records prove it) or anti-Semitic (his speech to that Jewish organization last year before the election was incredible) but he is also dumb and selfish. He has no philosophy and why get rid of Jews and blacks when you can make money off them? Immigrants and Muslims - just keep them out.

Hitler was a different kettle of fish. The question for us all now is, just what kind of men his aides are, because the only logical reason they are there is to wield power whilst he golfs.

I agree with that, easytiger, except that the relevant comparison is not that between Hitler and Trump but the one between Hitler and Bannon. Trump has no ideology that I can discern other than self-aggrandisement. As I've said before, he is the proverbial useful idiot - a mouthpiece for Bannon, Mercer et al, that they could't have designed better if they had set out to do it.

But it just fell into their laps as Trump careered through the primaries and I'm sure they were as surprised as anyone else when he ended up as the candidate. It didn't take them long to realise their good fortune. Suddenly Mercer is funding Trump's campaign and suddenly his close associate Bannon, out of nowhere, is the Chief Strategist - part of the funding deal, I presume.

That's the point I was trying to make Whitey, sorry if it wasn't clear in the original post. Trump (as his construction career shows) is not discerning about what he puts his name to. It is the guys in the shadows we need to watch.

Hardy

Quote from: easytiger95 on March 02, 2017, 02:29:07 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 01, 2017, 01:12:53 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on March 01, 2017, 12:46:15 PM
I have just started reading Andrew Lees' "The Holocaust" - it's a detailed history of the philosophy behind, lead up to, and events of, the Holocaust.

I'm only 50 pages in and still on Hitler's rise, and on at least 10 occasions so far, I've been stunned by the parallels between Hitler's methodology and Trump's. It is petrifying.

BUT... and it's a big but...Hitler was clearly a true believer, an ideologue who quite clearly wanted to fashion the world to his vision. Trump quite clearly is not. I don't doubt that he is racist (his court records prove it) or anti-Semitic (his speech to that Jewish organization last year before the election was incredible) but he is also dumb and selfish. He has no philosophy and why get rid of Jews and blacks when you can make money off them? Immigrants and Muslims - just keep them out.

Hitler was a different kettle of fish. The question for us all now is, just what kind of men his aides are, because the only logical reason they are there is to wield power whilst he golfs.

I agree with that, easytiger, except that the relevant comparison is not that between Hitler and Trump but the one between Hitler and Bannon. Trump has no ideology that I can discern other than self-aggrandisement. As I've said before, he is the proverbial useful idiot - a mouthpiece for Bannon, Mercer et al, that they could't have designed better if they had set out to do it.

But it just fell into their laps as Trump careered through the primaries and I'm sure they were as surprised as anyone else when he ended up as the candidate. It didn't take them long to realise their good fortune. Suddenly Mercer is funding Trump's campaign and suddenly his close associate Bannon, out of nowhere, is the Chief Strategist - part of the funding deal, I presume.

That's the point I was trying to make Whitey, sorry if it wasn't clear in the original post. Trump (as his construction career shows) is not discerning about what he puts his name to. It is the guys in the shadows we need to watch.

??!!!???