The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 23, 2017, 03:05:21 AM
Eamonn, I've seen this chart all over the place, but do you know it's source?

No. Doesn't really matter though. My only disagreement is I'd move Fox News down a little.

whitey

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 23, 2017, 05:41:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2017, 02:55:09 PM
Jump on the Norwegian Fares:

Family of 4 Return, each with a checked bag, in August for under 2K

Same fares on Aer Lingus last year were close to $4K

From Cork, Shannon and Belfast.  Ryanair type landing as in arriving at an airport in the vicinity of the stated city but could be miles away that city. 

Hope they make a go of it.

Theyre already after going up a bit....cheapest ones must have gotten booked. Still a few days for $65 one way

Providence would be pretty convenient for most people in Boston.....myself included...easy in easy out no headaches

Stewart, in my estimation,  would be a royal pain in the hole from NYC.

Added benefit of these remote airports is that it doesnt cost $45 day to park.....onsite shuttle parking usually about $6 per day so for a 10 day trip youd be almost $400 better off

Eamonnca1

Quote from: stew on February 23, 2017, 12:16:45 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2017, 04:54:51 AM
CNN:Angry voters erupt at Republican town hall in Arkansas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVNlJa9BSVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffg31Keox4U

A teacher has to work three jobs to be able to afford healthcare, wtf is wrong with this picture?

Since when were conservatives worried about teachers, affordable health care or people working multiple jobs?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: heganboy on February 23, 2017, 04:04:55 AM
Al Jazeera is similar to been some obvious bias but pretty solid

It's a great news source. Not afraid to point out shortcomings of the US, but then it makes a change to see what happens on the receiving end of air strikes as opposed to just the romantic pictures of jets taking off in the sunset.

whitey

Quote from: Declan on February 23, 2017, 02:01:52 PM
QuoteA teacher has to work three jobs to be able to afford healthcare, wtf is wrong with this picture?

On my first visit to the stated in the late 80's I was amazed to discover that teachers,nurses, people in public service routinely had extra jobs to keep afloat and to have any extras and that was when they had their health insurance covered as part of the job.

One of the reasons why I never stayed

"The States" is a term commonly used, but in reality its like 50 different countries with vast disparities in wealth and wages and the cost of living.  There can even hige disparities in a small state like MA

Public school teachers make a very good living in MA and have great benefits and pensions

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/bottom_line/2016/05/the-towns-and-cities-with-the-best-paid-teachers.html

"Public school teachers earned an average of $74,737 in the commonwealth last year, with some 14 school districts posting an average annual salary of more than $90,000, according to recently updated state data. Two of the 317 school districts analyzed — Concord-Carlisle and Sherborn — posted average pay of over $100,000 per teaching position."

seafoid

Norm Ornstein says the GOP is batshit crazy. So is the Tory party.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2017, 06:25:28 PM

Its not, Norm is wrong.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on February 23, 2017, 07:27:50 PM

Its not, Norm is wrong.
The tea party purged a lot of moderates so last year's race included fruitcakes like Cruz and Rubio. The new government includes Nazis like Bannon and Miller who will be defended by Priebus .

seafoid

Bernie Sanders
‏@SenSanders  18 feb.

"It's important to remember that we not only have massive wealth and income inequality, but a power structure which protects that inequality."

And the GOP is part of that power structure, Koch sucking

instead of standing up for its voters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffg31Keox4U

seafoid

David Frum

‏@davidfrum  1 h
Reince says Trump administration is about taxes & regulation. Bannon says it's about overturning the global order. Nuances.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2017, 08:29:20 PM
David Frum

‏@davidfrum  1 h
Reince says Trump administration is about taxes & regulation. Bannon says it's about overturning the global order. Nuances.

In fairness the current world order is fucked, a new world order might not be a bad thing, just not trumps new world order!

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2017, 07:59:28 PM
Quote from: stew on February 23, 2017, 07:27:50 PM

Its not, Norm is wrong.
The tea party purged a lot of moderates so last year's race included fruitcakes like Cruz and Rubio. The new government includes Nazis like Bannon and Miller who will be defended by Priebus .

You watch too much msnbc

Nazis are all gone kid, dead I tell ye, the reich has been dead since 1945.

Eamonnca1

J70

Boehner (the man who oversaw more than FIFTY House votes for repeal) reckons the GOP WON'T repeal and replace Obamacare. He reckons they'll keep most of it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/23/the-audacious-honesty-of-john-boehner/?utm_term=.4d2e35ba52c2#comments

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on February 24, 2017, 12:36:46 AM
Boehner (the man who oversaw more than FIFTY House votes for repeal) reckons the GOP WON'T repeal and replace Obamacare. He reckons they'll keep most of it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/23/the-audacious-honesty-of-john-boehner/?utm_term=.4d2e35ba52c2#comments
He's a lobbyist now.
The GOP is afraid of its voters