The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 31, 2017, 01:16:34 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 31, 2017, 12:34:39 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 31, 2017, 12:31:56 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 30, 2017, 11:00:41 PM
Is it too late to nominate these two for this years Oscars for best lead actor/actress? What performances! The crocodile tears flowing touching the hearts of millions, a bit like that scene in Jerry Maguire.

"As the Statue of Liberty holds her torch of welcome high, there are tears in her eyes as she sees how low this Administration has stooped in its callousness toward mothers and children escaping war-torn Syria," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi,

"Tears are running down the cheeks of the Statue of Liberty tonight as a grand tradition of America, welcoming immigrants, that has existed since America was founded has been stomped upon," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer,

Bravo! Take a bow.

I have seriously come to the conclusion that you don't actually believe any of the fascist bile that flows forth from your mouth. You've just adopted this uber-nationalist persona online to wind people up, haven't you?

I bet they thought that about the chap who shot six people dead in a mosque in Quebec last night.

He was a right-wing internet troll too.

No....I believe pretty much everything I post. Occasionally I will stir the pot when I see one of the lefties come out with some outrageous statement.

Look back at the posts since the election started....I was a lot more right than I was wrong about a lot of stuff.  But you guys seem to have figured out why you got hammered this to around and what you need to do to right the ship

"Whitey" is a tedious wind up.

"Seamus" is a gullible fool who is a walking example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Stew has been posting on this forum for at least 15 years, I'd say, and while he's clearly a bit dim, is ultimately harmless.

"Foxkommander" and particularly "No Wides" are the posters you'd genuinely worry about in real life. The types who are clearly so filled with genuine rage that you wouldn't be that surprised if they did something really crazy.

No wides

Like what, accept the result of a democratic election, be that in the UK or US?

No wides

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 31, 2017, 12:29:58 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 30, 2017, 11:37:47 PM
The American people have woken up and

...and about 3 million more people voted for Hillary than voted for Trump. Don't give me your "the people have spoken and they love Trump" BS. This is a coup d'etat and you know it.

And what?  Maybe you should get Rossfan over to the US and get PR voting - it is a democratic election, it is what it is, if you don't like it f**k off back home.   ;D

Declan

"Trump's voter fraud expert registered in 3 states." Well, he did say he was an expert at voter fraud

Must say this has been my favourite protest sign

stew

Conratulations to the liberal mob in Portland Airport yesterday, they were no,d enough to harass and then render a Trump supporter unconcious yesterday, oh they were a whoppin and a hollerin and were dumb enough to put the incident on Facebook.

The problem they have now is some of them are going to jail, I hope they rot collectively the horrible scum bastards.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hound

Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2017, 04:17:30 PM
It was not thought through correctly at all.

Instead of saying "from now all applications for green cards/visas from these certain countries will not be given consideration for 120 days" he just banned everyone from those countries so people who have been granted green cards and visas were fucked when they landed at the airport and still will be as far as I can see?

It's a total clusterfuck and the first of many... but hey let's give him a chance  ::)
Yep, certainly seems to have been mistakes re green card /visa holders, although from what I read I thought most of them ended up being let it, but had to endure hours of questioning and or detention. Clearly though it's not a ban on everyone born in those countries, as Mo Farah (Somalia born and living in Oregon) has been told the 90/120 day ban doesn't impact on him.

I think there's been an over-reaction to this temporary ban. He said he'd tighten immigration, and he's started tightening immigration. And as much as anything, this temporary ban is a lot to do with been seeing to be doing something. Will there be the same over-reaction when the Brits tighten their immigation laws, as promised,  post Brexit, which will inevitably hit Muslim countries more than most as this is where many of the refugees are comign from (athough the Brits will be more subtle about it)?

And now we're having "a complete review" of US immigration pre-clearance facilities in Dublin and Shannon! So the Irish can take a stand. Woohoo.  Instead of going through minor inconvenience of pre-clearance over here, we'll instead join the long queues in the US to go through immigration over there! FFS 

Declan

When Richard Nixon's own White House counsel John Dean says this...

I've never read White House statement as nasty as Trump's attack on Acting AG Sally Yates. New low.

screenexile

I love this "Temporary Ban" notion . . . does anyone actually believe that in 3/4 months time the ban will be lifted??!!!

No chance!!

Walter Cronc

This 1 million signatures in the UK. Does that mean parliament have to debate it? Cant see them banning him to be honest. Likely be a big crowd on the streets protesting mind you.

seafoid

Trump doesn't have the temperament to be President. He will do a lot of damage to the GOP.

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2017, 09:53:14 AM
Trump doesn't have the temperament to be President. He will do a lot of damage to the GOP.

Trump doesn't give a flying fúck for normal politicking and less so the impact to the GOP or any other establishment body, its all about his ego.

How he's getting away with it is the scariest thing!

Hardy

Quote from: sid waddell on January 31, 2017, 12:19:47 AM
This is a very, very disturbing article.

The bit at the end of it is only opinion, but Andrew Sullivan (who is a writer I really respect) has consistently maintained Trump wants to run the US like Putin runs Russia, most specifically for his own personal enrichment, and the pieces are starting to fall into place.

This is real fascism and a real threat to democracy. It's one of the greatest con jobs of all time.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.fll4kgamn

In case anybody missed it, here's another article referenced by Zunger in that piece.

Andrew Sullivan, as you say, has also been writing on this theme – this is an absorbing read.

Also Tobias Stone a
nd Robert Kagan.

I've been surprised, though, ever since the emergence of Trump and his campaign tactics, that, in general, the much maligned mainstream media appears to be avoiding reference to the similarities between the Trump movement and the fascist movements of the 1930s.

It can hardly be that they've failed to notice. I suppose it's editorial judgement. It would be all too easy for the alt-right to scream about hysteria and ridicule any comparisons with Nazism or Italian fascism. How long can it be, though? We're already knocking out the room partitions to accommodate the elephant.

(Note to the Trump cabal here – compare this restraint with the batshit lunatic claims of the right wing media about all things liberal.)

J70

Quote from: stew on January 30, 2017, 09:33:02 PM

Instead of saying "from now all applications for green cards/visas from these certain countries will not be given consideration for 120 days" he just banned everyone from those countries so people who have been granted green cards and visas were fucked when they landed at the airport and still will be as far as I can see?

It's a total clusterfuck and the first of many... but hey let's give him a chance  ::)

I have that useless f**ker Obama a chance, everyone deserves a chance, I would even have given that tur d Clinton a chance, but not you, I don't think itcwoukd have mattered who won the Republican primary, many on here would have given mine of them a chance.

That's all well and good stew, but Obama didn't (and Clinton wouldn't have) start out basing their direction and decisions on conspiracy theories and bullshit and blatant, bald-faced lying. He's made his own bed.

But go ahead, tell us how the inauguration attendance, the stranding of and separation of families at airport, the evidence-free claims of voter fraud, the Comical Ali press secretary, the turning our backs on refugees due to their religion, the replacement of professional national security/military people with Bannon on the NSC, the nomination of numerous people with contempt for the missions of various agencies to lead said agencies, and so on and on, is worthy of our understanding.

Declan

QuoteI've been surprised, though, ever since the emergence of Trump and his campaign tactics, that, in general, the much maligned mainstream media appears to be avoiding reference to the similarities between the Trump movement and the fascist movements of the 1930s.

It can hardly be that they've failed to notice. I suppose it's editorial judgement. It would be all too easy for the alt-right to scream about hysteria and ridicule any comparisons with Nazism or Italian fascism. How long can it be, though?

This is the poster which hangs at the US Holocaust Museum - given the statement issued by El Presidente on National Holocaust Day this week that failed to mention the Jewish people handy to remind ourselves

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 31, 2017, 12:02:37 PM
Quote from: stew on January 30, 2017, 09:33:02 PM

I have that useless f**ker Obama a chance, everyone deserves a chance, I would even have given that tur d Clinton a chance, but not you, I don't think itcwoukd have mattered who won the Republican primary, many on here would have given mine of them a chance.

That's all well and good stew, but Obama didn't (and Clinton wouldn't have) base their direction and decisions on conspiracy theories and bullshit and blatant, bald-faced lying. He's made his own bed.

But go ahead, tell us how the inauguration attendance, the stranding of and separation of families at airport, the evidence-free claims of voter fraud, the Comical Ali press secretary, the turning our backs on refugees due to their religion, the replacement of professional national security/military people with Bannon on the NSC, the nomination of numerous people with contempt for the missions of various agencies to lead said agencies, and so on and on, is worthy of our understanding.

I DO NOT LIKE TRUMP!

There is enough shit Obama did to keep you going for a while, I have always maintained Trump was a Democrat, as I said many times follow the money.

I believe he is a one term President, he Will do some good and will do a lot wrong.

You speak of agencies, one such agency targeted Republicans and had them audited, then had to apologise when they were caught, the media is overwhelmingly liberal and any candidate other than Clinton had run the Democrats would be in the White house not Trump.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.