The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

They changed the definition of deportation at the tail end of the Bush Administration.         

That's what your either missing or attempting to BS your way through because you think people are stupid

Put up the numbers side by side using both the old and new definitions of what a deportation is and the reality is much different to what you're painting

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 27, 2017, 03:57:06 PM
They changed the definition of deportation at the tail end of the Bush Administration.         

That's what your either missing or attempting to BS your way through because you think people are stupid

Put up the numbers side by side using both the old and new definitions of what a deportation is and the reality is much different to what you're painting

Not bullshitting at all.

Foxcommander made a claim. I refuted it. If you've got your knickers in a twist because Obama clearly WAS deporting people and patrolling the border area, in contradiction of what the likes of Foxcommander says, that's your problem.

If you think Obama wasn't doing enough or that Bush did better, you are free to make that argument.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 03:51:06 PM

Foxcommander is juicing himself at the thought that finally the "USA is going to get justice with President Trump leading the charge", with the deportation of illegals part of the apparent abrupt change in policy.

You're not wrong there. Taking America back for it's legal citizens. Taking criminals off the streets. Passing Kate's Law to stop illegals returning. Abolishing sanctuary cities.
For some mental reason Democrats are opposed to this?

The Prez is doing a bang up job so far with his executive orders. Batting it out of the park.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:01:52 PM

Not bullshitting at all.

Foxcommander made a claim. I refuted it. If you've got your knickers in a twist because Obama clearly WAS deporting people and patrolling the border area, in contradiction of what the likes of Foxcommander says, that's your problem.

If you think Obama wasn't doing enough or that Bush did better, you are free to make that argument.

Keep it up....

And for the record....I'm not for mass deportations....just deportations of criminals.  If we reaped the benefit of cheap labor by turning a blind eye to what was happening at the border....shame on us.  But as we know, there's no thing as a free lunch and the bill has just come due

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 04:04:43 PM

Foxcommander is juicing himself at the thought that finally the "USA is going to get justice with President Trump leading the charge", with the deportation of illegals part of the apparent abrupt change in policy.

You're not wrong there. Taking America back for it's legal citizens. Taking criminals off the streets. Passing Kate's Law to stop illegals returning. Abolishing sanctuary cities.

The Prez is doing a bang up job so far with his executive orders. Batting it out of the park.

So lets say sanctuary city policies are abolished (again, quite how Trump or Congress can dictate what is a local/state issue, you'll have to explain).

What do you think that is going to do for people in immigrant communities?

Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? Do you think they'll report crime? Tell cops what they know? Report threats to their kids and neighbourhoods?

What do you think that is going to do for the criminal investigation abilities of the authorities?

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 27, 2017, 04:07:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:01:52 PM

Not bullshitting at all.

Keep it up....

And for the record....I'm not for mass deportations....just deportations of criminals.  If we reaped the benefit of cheap labor by turning a blind eye to what was happening at the border....shame on us.  But as we know, there's no thing as a free lunch and the bill has just come due

Keep WHAT up?

Its like you're being picking an argument for the sake of it.

I'm for deportation of criminals too. Obama deported 140K of them last year. That's nearly 400/day (or 200/day if you discount the border strip  ;)).

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:10:43 PM

So lets say sanctuary city policies are abolished (again, quite how Trump or Congress can dictate what is a local/state issue, you'll have to explain).

Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? Do you think they'll report crime? Report threats to their kids and neighbourhoods?

What do you think that is going to do for the criminal investigation abilities of the authorities?

If they are legal why wouldn't they go to the authorities? Not sure of your reasoning here.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 04:21:34 PM

Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? Do you think they'll report crime? Report threats to their kids and neighbourhoods?

If they are legal why wouldn't they go to the authorities? Not sure of your reasoning here.

Seriously??

All right, I'll play along.

What are sanctuary cities and why do they need to be abolished?

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

A sanctuary city is a city that has adopted a policy of protecting undocumented immigrants by not prosecuting them for violating federal immigration laws in the country in which they are now living illegally. i.e. Harbouring illegals and criminals.

What part of illegal don't you get?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 04:40:14 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

A sanctuary city is a city that has adopted a policy of protecting undocumented immigrants by not prosecuting them for violating federal immigration laws in the country in which they are now living illegally. i.e. Harbouring illegals and criminals.

Ok, so now that you can stop playing ignorant, please respond to my previous post about the reporting and investigation of crimes in the neighbourhoods where illegals live.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:47:38 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

Ok, so now that you can stop playing ignorant, please respond to my previous post about the reporting and investigation of crimes in the neighbourhoods where illegals live.

You said immigrant communities - not illegal immigrant communities. I'm able to make a distinction, you in your blind rage can not.

I see you making a case for justice to be served in the thread about the drink driver but on this thread you advocate lawbreaking by illegal immigrants.

The hypocrisy!

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 05:29:11 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

You said immigrant communities - not illegal immigrant communities. I'm able to make a distinction, you in your blind rage can not.

I see you making a case for justice to be served in the thread about the drink driver but on this thread you advocate lawbreaking by illegal immigrants.

The hypocrisy!

I said "Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? "

Why the hell would I mention them being handed over for deportation if they were NOT illegal? The whole issue of sanctuary cities and the reason for their existence concerns illegal immigrants.

Now, are you going to address the point or are you going to continue dancing around and stalling?

J70

Seriously??

I'll play along too

The hypocrisy!

Where have I advocated law breaking by illegal immigrants?

I haven't advocated ANYTHING.

I'm asking you what happens to the reporting of and investigations by the authorities of criminal activity if sanctuary city policies are ended, something you seem to under the impression is about to happen and which you are celebrating.

So once again, please answer the question.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 05:31:57 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

The hypocrisy!

I said "Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? "

Why the hell would I mention them being handed over for deportation if they were NOT illegal? The whole issue of sanctuary cities and the reason for their existence concerns illegal immigrants.

Now, are you going to address the point or are you going to continue dancing around and stalling?

How about reading over what you write before posting then. You mentioned immigrants (not illegal immigrants). Not my job to fill in the blanks for you.

I answered your question already - there should be no safe haven for illegals. Arrest and deport. I can't be any clearer.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 05:44:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 05:31:57 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

The hypocrisy!

How about reading over what you write before posting then. You mentioned immigrants (not illegal immigrants). Not my job to fill in the blanks for you.

I answered your question already - there should be no safe haven for illegals. Arrest and deport. I can't be any clearer.

Sorry, I figured you were smart enough to understand that a discussion of sanctuary city issues, by definition, concerns illegal immigrants, even if one didn't speak about "fear of deportation".

I'll not make such a mistake again.

That aside, so you're saying "f**k the illegals, its not my problem if they're afraid of the police and DA."

One would assume that you're happy that (a) crime will go unreported; (b) police and DAs will not receive any cooperation from witnesses who are illegal; (c) criminals who are illegal will have less to fear from their neighbours because they know they won't talk or go to the police out of fear of being deported; (d) children of illegals will live in less safe homes and communities; (e) everyone around will live in less safe homes and communities because these illegal criminals have less chance of being caught or convicted and deported themselves without the cooperation of their communities.