The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Newsnight reporting tonight that executive orders are on the way this week revoking some international treaties (climate change suspected to be one) and cutting US funding to UN programmes by 40%.

Idiocracy in action.

whitey

Quote from: Hardy on January 26, 2017, 12:43:32 AM
Newsnight reporting tonight that executive orders are on the way this week revoking some international treaties (climate change suspected to be one) and cutting US funding to UN programmes by 40%.

Idiocracy in action.

That was a crazy stunt pulled by Obama and the UN against Israel.... most Trump supporters I know are vehemently anti UN and will applaud any move to defund it

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2017, 01:13:51 AM
most Trump supporters I know are vehemently anti UN and will applaud any move to defund it

Yup- that is absolutely correct, also the majority of trump supporters believe the earth is less than 5000 years old, so there's that.

there is a case that Pi should be rounded to 3 - makes the sums a bit easier
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Idiocracy in action.

That was a crazy stunt pulled by Obama and the UN against Israel.... most Trump supporters I know are vehemently anti UN and will applaud any move to defund it

It was about time the US stood up to Israel, for as much as it was worth. The c***ts are pushing on regardless, full steam ahead, with the land stealing and settlement building.

Why are your Trump supporting friends so anti-UN?

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on January 26, 2017, 01:19:33 AM
most Trump supporters I know are vehemently anti UN and will applaud any move to defund it

Yup- that is absolutely correct, also the majority of trump supporters believe the earth is less than 5000 years old, so there's that.

Haha....I live in a majority Democratic town but there's also quite a contingent of hard core right wingers. I was in the local coffee shop last Summer and there was a retired cop loudly proclaiming that Obama was a Muslim and that he was trying to turn over sovereignty to the UN.  He started off as a Ben Carson supporter, but as soon as Carson dropped out he added a Trump sticker to his truck

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2017, 01:37:39 AM

Idiocracy in action.

It was about time the US stood up to Israel, for as much as it was worth. The c***ts are pushing on regardless, full steam ahead, with the land stealing and settlement building.

I wouldn't quite call them friends but there are people who believe that the Democrats are against guns, so when the UN takes over no one will have the firepower to offer up any resistance.  These people also believe that the UN will push an open borders agenda and that the United States will have to share it wealth with the rest of the world. (Ie people will come here and go on welfare and not work). 

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2017, 01:39:14 AM
Quote from: heganboy on January 26, 2017, 01:19:33 AM

Haha....I live in a majority Democratic town but there's also quite a contingent of hard core right wingers. I was in the local coffee shop last Summer and there was a retired cop loudly proclaiming that Obama was a Muslim and that he was trying to turn over sovereignty to the UN.  He started off as a Ben Carson supporter, but as soon as Carson dropped out he added a Trump sticker to his truck

What a f**king moron.

There are plenty of loudmouths of that ilk around where I live in Queens too. You rarely see much expression of political opinion, either way, except for these types of gobshites, with their "Don't Tread on Me" and confederate flags and Trump/Jail Hillary signs/stickers on their vehicles. Invariably white males, looking for attention or a reaction.   

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2017, 01:44:27 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2017, 01:37:39 AM

Idiocracy in action.

I wouldn't quite call them friends but there are people who believe that the Democrats are against guns, so when the UN takes over no one will have the firepower to offer up any resistance.  These people also believe that the UN will push an open borders agenda and that the United States will have to share it wealth with the rest of the world. (Ie people will come here and go on welfare and not work).

Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh fans, all of them, no doubt!

sid waddell

Trump bullshit tale #1583429

His main evidence of voter fraud comes from the golfer Bernard Langer, who was standing in line to vote, but was disgracefully barred from voting, "and saw people around him who didn't look like they should be able to vote", except Langer is not even eligible to vote. He counts Langer "as a friend", but he's not a friend, according to Langer's daughter.

The last time a leader of a country made a fool of himself over a Ryder Cup golfer like this, it was Biffo drunkenly doing an impression of Philip Walton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html

omochain

Trump is just setting the stage for the GOP to launch more voter suppression Laws. All under the guise of defense of the electoral system.

Declan

Sometimes Twitter can be useful

Ex Mexican President's responses to Trump are in a language the Drumfpster can understand

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/824360005554044932

stew

Quote from: omochain on January 26, 2017, 04:03:07 AM
Trump is just setting the stage for the GOP to launch more voter suppression Laws. All under the guise of defense of the electoral system.

Tell me, did the democrats not suppress the votes of the Saunders voters?

Why is it the democrats do not want drivers licenses as proof of identification for voters?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on January 26, 2017, 02:11:39 AM
Trump bullshit tale #1583429

His main evidence of voter fraud comes from the golfer Bernard Langer, who was standing in line to vote, but was disgracefully barred from voting, "and saw people around him who didn't look like they should be able to vote", except Langer is not even eligible to vote. He counts Langer "as a friend", but he's not a friend, according to Langer's daughter.

The last time a leader of a country made a fool of himself over a Ryder Cup golfer like this, it was Biffo drunkenly doing an impression of Philip Walton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html
Trump is a Langer

seafoid

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-1.767507

"He is damaging his own credibility, eliciting new doubts among Republicans who had assumed that once in office, he would calm and settle down. Some American commentators go so far as to maintain that the damage Trump is inflicting now on his presidency is so severe that it may never truly recover."

sid waddell

Tiny Hands is now on record that he believes torture works.

This is the President of the United States of America. "Torture works".

One wonders whether that will apply to the justice system at large, or to US citizens or members of the US Army who may be unfortunate to be captured by, say, ISIS.

If it "works", well, why not apply it to the justice system at large?