The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 23, 2017, 10:23:12 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 23, 2017, 09:57:54 PM
Electoral College is the system we operate under..... and Democrats start off with a HUGE advantage under that system. 

I believe this is known as an "alternative fact."

The electoral college means that the value of a vote in a solid blue state like California is worth a fraction of a vote in Wyoming. In fact California has the least powerful voters in the country, the most powerful are in Arizona. https://wallethub.com/edu/how-much-is-your-vote-worth/7932/

Yes....it was definitely one of the "alternative facts" brandished by the main stream liberal media as evidence Tump couldn't win

https://youtu.be/9xAUiaMpJvc

Seamus

Quote from: heganboy on January 23, 2017, 12:41:48 AM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 08:12:03 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 22, 2017, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 07:49:17 AM
Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.

Tell me about this education.
A bond is an IOU? Genius

A store is a way of exploiting farmers Taking their hard work and time and charging more for it to make themselves money. And as for hauliers. They aren't making anything or even selling anything, and making themselves rich!

Manufacturing plants. Disgraceful. Taking miners hard graft and all the hard working folk that produce raw materials and exploiting that producing goods that people can't usually make themselves. And charging money for it to make profit. Educate yourselves people. Take the first step.

Try idiot's guide to economics
Or economics for dummies.

So genius, tell me the role of The Federal Reserve.

I see you love your wee videos.
This one was really hard to find.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12594.htm

Couple of things that you may need to get your head around here. Clearing, depository trusts, LIBOR, yield curves, volatility surfaces, value at risk. Basel III or Mifid 2,
If those seem painful, might I suggest you watch it's a wonderful life. The idea of a run in a bank could help you.

Just because you can take a band-aid off doesn't mean you are qualified for brain surgery.
The global financial system is becoming more, not less complex. The Fed sets the monetary policy in the United States, still the worlds biggest economy. It directly sets the tone for Fixed Income Currency and Commodity (FICC) trading in the lit economy. And mostly the grey and black markets too.
Price stability and interest rates, borrowing costs for the non rich.

Everything you know about the value of anything in the future and the concept of the net present value of any future income you might have.
Say youre a farmer and your harvest comes in Late summer and you need to borrow for the fertilizer now or the tractor needs repaired. Then you borrow money. Rates set are dependent on the Fed.

Does this help you any, or do you really know why there's a fed, but just not get it, and want to abolish it?

Tell me about your plan.
You'll forgive me for not calling you genius

As expected you had to go to Google. So you had difficulty in finding something to fit your agenda.... a propaganda site making The Federal Reserve look good. You state that they have made the monetary system seem complicated, this is done on purpose just as the IRS does with its 70K plus pages of codes. 70K plus pages and less than 200 written words gets rid of them. And by the way very few banks are Basel 111 compliant as much as you would like to tell us otherwise. There will be no bail outs the next time, too big to fail my hole. Derivatives are still a major problem.

The Federal Reserve is not a government agency, it is a corporation owned by Private Bankers (not stated on your propaganda site).

A quote in 1790 from Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the House of Rothschild...

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws."

A year later he founded The First Bank of the United States with a group of other private bankers and introduced a debt based currency in order to enrich the banksters and enslave the people.

By the time its 20 year charter was up the American economy was in ruins. Congress did not want to renew the charter and wished to return to an interest free, state issued, value based currency. Rothschild threatened war which came about in 1812 through the funding of the Rothschild controlled Bank of England. After the war The Second Bank of the United States was formed which returned the people to the same debt based currency as before.

When the charter was up in 1832 President Andrew Jackson fulfilled his promise to the people and did not renew the charter. A failed assassination attempt followed.

Fast forward to 1913, the bankers met in Jekyll Island with the sole purpose of forming the Third Bank of the United States. This time they changed the name to The Federal Reserve Bank in order to give it a quasi governmental image. They had their man in place (Woodrow Wilson) in order to pass it through congress which happened on Dec 23nd, 1913 (The Federal Reserve Act) when all opposition were on Christmas vacation. That charter ended in 2013  but unfortunately continues today.. In 1913 The IRS was also formed to become the collection agency of the Federal Reserve. The IRS is also a private corporation.

In 1919 Woodrow Wilson regretted what he had done. Quote "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

After the Great Depression FDR took the dollar off the Gold Standard at the request of The Federal Reserve so they could print currency at will, this time from fresh air.

To this day they are still printing there way out of trouble mainly digitally, numbers on a screen and the national debt is nearing 20T but the total debt is far far greater. It is only a matter of when the inevitable happens, a total economic collapse and the destruction of the dollar.

The solution... A honest debt free (interest free) valued currency with weights and measures printed by The US Treasury. An alternative to the SWIFT banking system along with other security measures to prevent private bankers from stealing the money. Phase out The Federal Reserve banking system over time.

An old buddy chiming in I see. I don't give one damn weather you work in the financial system or not, ye lot seem to be the most brainwashed when it comes to the Fed anyway. You can't be informed that you work for a corrupt system. I also have not met a good financial adviser yet.

This is my last response to you, you are a total waste of my time and energy.

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

J70

Whatever about the discussions here, Trump is fixated on the popular vote, telling congressional leaders tonight that 3-5 million illegals voted, costing him the popular vote. He allegedly also was boasting about the size of his inauguration crowd, saying it was the biggest he'd ever seen.

How is he going to handle it when shit really does hit the fan about stuff that actually matters? If his ego can't take a popular vote loss and a relatively small inaugural crowd, what happens when he suffers some legislative setback or international incident where he miscalculates or a scandal hits him or his administration or his policies don't deliver?

For someone who is obsessed with looking strong and a winner, he really does appear to be an insecure, petty little bluffer.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2017, 05:01:34 AM
Whatever about the discussions here, Trump is fixated on the popular vote, telling congressional leaders tonight that 3-5 million illegals voted, costing him the popular vote. He allegedly also was boasting about the size of his inauguration crowd, saying it was the biggest he'd ever seen.

How is he going to handle it when shit really does hit the fan about stuff that actually matters? If his ego can't take a popular vote loss and a relatively small inaugural crowd, what happens when he suffers some legislative setback or international incident where he miscalculates or a scandal hits him or his administration or his policies don't deliver?

For someone who is obsessed with looking strong and a winner, he really does appear to be an insecure, petty little bluffer.
Trump gets the media interested in trivia such as the inauguration crowd so they don't focus on other stuff he is doing like gutting Obamacare. They will figure him.out after a while.

Declan

Grab a coffee and read this preferably while sitting down ;) ;)

https://patribotics.wordpress.com/

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 23, 2017, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 23, 2017, 04:41:08 PM
Trump won because people firmly rejected the direction and policies of the Democratic Party. Hillary offered 4 more years of Obama and that's not what people wanted. You of course are free to believe whatever you want....and if you continue to believe that, rather than admit and address the failings of the progressive agenda, expect another hammering in 2018

Trump won because the electoral college (AKA affirmative action for rednecks) gives a veto to a small number of states. Clinton got over two million more votes than Trump did. Fact.

A tad hypocritical there Eamonnca.

The dems have won elections using the electoral college system, were the voters rednecks then?

The system is what it is Trump won, your turd lost, move on already, it's done, we all lost.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

The Dems really need to let the popular vote go. It would have been a completely differently run election if it was based on popular vote. Maybe Hillary would have won, but you can't assume so just because she gathered more votes in a system that actively discourages campaigning in a state you know you have no chance in.

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 24, 2017, 09:49:46 AM
The Dems really need to let the popular vote go. It would have been a completely differently run election if it was based on popular vote. Maybe Hillary would have won, but you can't assume so just because she gathered more votes in a system that actively discourages campaigning in a state you know you have no chance in.

They need to grow up and accept they were beaten, they need to stop protesting and wrecking property on and not burning their flag might be a good idea.

These bastards need to accept the election results and oh I don't know, maybe be part of a grass roots campaign across the country to ensure this man they do revile is a one term President.

johnneycool

You gotta love the head in the sand thinking of May, going over to Washington to meet Trump to discuss a trade deal a few days after watching him effectively rip up two other trade deals..

LeoMc

Quote from: Seamus on January 24, 2017, 05:01:32 AM
Quote from: heganboy on January 23, 2017, 12:41:48 AM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 08:12:03 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 22, 2017, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 07:49:17 AM
Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.

Tell me about this education.
A bond is an IOU? Genius

A store is a way of exploiting farmers Taking their hard work and time and charging more for it to make themselves money. And as for hauliers. They aren't making anything or even selling anything, and making themselves rich!

Manufacturing plants. Disgraceful. Taking miners hard graft and all the hard working folk that produce raw materials and exploiting that producing goods that people can't usually make themselves. And charging money for it to make profit. Educate yourselves people. Take the first step.

Try idiot's guide to economics
Or economics for dummies.

So genius, tell me the role of The Federal Reserve.

I see you love your wee videos.
This one was really hard to find.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12594.htm

Couple of things that you may need to get your head around here. Clearing, depository trusts, LIBOR, yield curves, volatility surfaces, value at risk. Basel III or Mifid 2,
If those seem painful, might I suggest you watch it's a wonderful life. The idea of a run in a bank could help you.

Just because you can take a band-aid off doesn't mean you are qualified for brain surgery.
The global financial system is becoming more, not less complex. The Fed sets the monetary policy in the United States, still the worlds biggest economy. It directly sets the tone for Fixed Income Currency and Commodity (FICC) trading in the lit economy. And mostly the grey and black markets too.
Price stability and interest rates, borrowing costs for the non rich.

Everything you know about the value of anything in the future and the concept of the net present value of any future income you might have.
Say youre a farmer and your harvest comes in Late summer and you need to borrow for the fertilizer now or the tractor needs repaired. Then you borrow money. Rates set are dependent on the Fed.

Does this help you any, or do you really know why there's a fed, but just not get it, and want to abolish it?

Tell me about your plan.
You'll forgive me for not calling you genius

As expected you had to go to Google. So you had difficulty in finding something to fit your agenda.... a propaganda site making The Federal Reserve look good. You state that they have made the monetary system seem complicated, this is done on purpose just as the IRS does with its 70K plus pages of codes. 70K plus pages and less than 200 written words gets rid of them. And by the way very few banks are Basel 111 compliant as much as you would like to tell us otherwise. There will be no bail outs the next time, too big to fail my hole. Derivatives are still a major problem.

The Federal Reserve is not a government agency, it is a corporation owned by Private Bankers (not stated on your propaganda site).

A quote in 1790 from Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the House of Rothschild...

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws."

A year later he founded The First Bank of the United States with a group of other private bankers and introduced a debt based currency in order to enrich the banksters and enslave the people.

By the time its 20 year charter was up the American economy was in ruins. Congress did not want to renew the charter and wished to return to an interest free, state issued, value based currency. Rothschild threatened war which came about in 1812 through the funding of the Rothschild controlled Bank of England. After the war The Second Bank of the United States was formed which returned the people to the same debt based currency as before.

When the charter was up in 1832 President Andrew Jackson fulfilled his promise to the people and did not renew the charter. A failed assassination attempt followed.

Fast forward to 1913, the bankers met in Jekyll Island with the sole purpose of forming the Third Bank of the United States. This time they changed the name to The Federal Reserve Bank in order to give it a quasi governmental image. They had their man in place (Woodrow Wilson) in order to pass it through congress which happened on Dec 23nd, 1913 (The Federal Reserve Act) when all opposition were on Christmas vacation. That charter ended in 2013  but unfortunately continues today.. In 1913 The IRS was also formed to become the collection agency of the Federal Reserve. The IRS is also a private corporation.

In 1919 Woodrow Wilson regretted what he had done. Quote "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

After the Great Depression FDR took the dollar off the Gold Standard at the request of The Federal Reserve so they could print currency at will, this time from fresh air.

To this day they are still printing there way out of trouble mainly digitally, numbers on a screen and the national debt is nearing 20T but the total debt is far far greater. It is only a matter of when the inevitable happens, a total economic collapse and the destruction of the dollar.

The solution... A honest debt free (interest free) valued currency with weights and measures printed by The US Treasury. An alternative to the SWIFT banking system along with other security measures to prevent private bankers from stealing the money. Phase out The Federal Reserve banking system over time.

An old buddy chiming in I see. I don't give one damn weather you work in the financial system or not, ye lot seem to be the most brainwashed when it comes to the Fed anyway. You can't be informed that you work for a corrupt system. I also have not met a good financial adviser yet.

This is my last response to you, you are a total waste of my time and energy.

I knew it was going to be the Jews!

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on January 24, 2017, 09:31:32 AM

The dems have won elections using the electoral college system, were the voters rednecks then?

Em, you conveniently and deliberately left out the fact that any time a Democrat has won the electoral college, they've also won the popular vote.

J70

Maybe Trump needs to let it go. He's the one making the big deal with unsupported bullshit about illegal immigrants padding Hillary's vote count.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2017, 11:27:53 AM

Maybe Trump needs to let it go. He's the one making the big deal with unsupported bullshit about illegal immigrants padding Hillary's vote count.

He does need to let it go, he won for frigs sake!

I don't think there is any doubt some people voted who hadn't the right to do so.

seafoid

Clinton was too complacent. And Trump ran on a platform of change. So now he has to deliver.
I really don't think the GOP was ready for this election.