The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

LeoMc

Quote from: heganboy on January 22, 2017, 05:48:19 AM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 01:59:50 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2017, 10:22:42 PM
Thought it was a pretty straightforward question, thought you might have a straightforward answer.

As expected you don't have a clue. You would not have ask the question otherwise. Don't feel too bad as 95% of the people are in your boat, that is why the FRB are able to get away with what they are doing. By watching this short 30 minute video you will get help in (at least)  two ways. You will move into the 5% category and gain the knowledge to answer your own question. Sure I could answer your question straight away but you first need to know who The Federal Reserve are and how currency is created.  Otherwise you will not understand my answer and be as uninformed as you are now.

https://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0

Seamus,
That video is an example of what happens when dumb people think they aren't 
That is so far away from fact as to be trumpski-ish.
It isn't really that difficult to find a lot of good information on monetary policy. It is however hard reading and quite complex. That videon is hard watching not complex and not in any way factually correct.
I think assinine covers it
I didnt watch it HB, Were the Jews behind it?

sid waddell

Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 01:59:50 AM

As expected you don't have a clue. You would not have ask the question otherwise. Don't feel too bad as 95% of the people are in your boat, that is why the FRB are able to get away with what they are doing. By watching this short 30 minute video you will get help in (at least)  two ways. You will move into the 5% category and gain the knowledge to answer your own question. Sure I could answer your question straight away but you first need to know who The Federal Reserve are and how currency is created.  Otherwise you will not understand my answer and be as uninformed as you are now.

https://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0

Is "Seamus" actually Jim Corr?  ;D

Minder

Obviously Trump should be held to account by the media, and he seems close to crazy, but would the media not be as well looking at the factors that led to Trump getting elected. Reasons, solutions etc ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: Minder on January 22, 2017, 10:47:34 AM
Obviously Trump should be held to account by the media, and he seems close to crazy, but would the media not be as well looking at the factors that led to Trump getting elected. Reasons, solutions etc ?
He was elected because of stagnant wages and inequality and because people were ignored for so long. But he won't address the system either. Because he is full of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp6DJAMlWgY

sid waddell

Quote from: Minder on January 22, 2017, 10:47:34 AM
There's loads of analysis of "the factors that led to Trump getting "elected"".

It's probably the most written about and discussed topic in the media, be it broadcast media, traditional print media, new media or social media.

Ironically, the one person who is least addressing "the factors that led to Trump getting "elected"" is Trump himself.

But then again, his world is entirely a world of make believe, where the solution to the problems which led to him "getting elected", is more of the same, except far more of it, and far worse.

seafoid

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2017/02/09/what-trump-is-throwing-out-the-window/

"Make America Great Again" suggests a highly engaged superpower with the clout and the will to dictate events. We'll "take their oil," build a wall and force Mexico to pay for it, and "take out" terrorists' families regardless of international law. We'll force China to accept changed terms of trade, and if that causes a trade war, "who the hell cares." We should "greatly expand" our nuclear forces and welcome the resulting arms race because "we will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all."
Some of this is surely posturing: shaking things up and trying to unsettle international opponents. Some is the result of ignorance that may be modified in office. Some is Trump's well-established practice of beginning negotiations by taking something that has already been agreed to off the table and demanding a concession to put it back. This may occasionally work, but by and large what works in real estate deals is not transferrable to international negotiations. The One China policy he has questioned, for example, as Trump will discover if he tries to challenge it once in office, is simply not a bargaining chip for China. As Ambassador Nicholas Platt, a prominent China expert, put it, "One China is not a bargaining chip, it's the table."

Denn Forever

The Trump don't seem to be enjoying power too much.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/dd

Bold media outlets were editing coverage of inauguration so that it seemed there wasn't as many people there as there was.  And they called the "Liberals" whiners.

Oh no. just saw that it was a CNN story.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sid waddell

Breaking news: 53,000 tickets have been sold for today's Derry v Monaghan McKenna Cup semi-final at the Athletic Grounds.

Here is an almost live picture of the Monaghan supporters making their way to the stadium.

seafoid

Make Monaghan great again. Build a wall to keep out apple munchers.

Seamus

Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 07:49:17 AM
Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

armaghniac

Quote from: sid waddell on January 22, 2017, 12:42:16 PM
Breaking news: 53,000 tickets have been sold for today's Derry v Monaghan McKenna Cup semi-final at the Athletic Grounds.

Here is an almost live picture of the Monaghan supporters making their way to the stadium.

Hardy folk in the Farney, not a coat among them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 07:49:17 AM

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.
Jesus, what do they do with money collected then?