The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on January 21, 2017, 11:21:54 PM
I think history will show that he was an decent President,
Woah, one day in and you're already out with the sycophantic historical rankings.  ;D

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 22, 2017, 12:06:42 AM
President Poodle's press secretary has just held his first press briefing.

He shouted for five minutes, berates a tweet, tries to claim the crowds at Poodle's inauguration were "the biggest ever"  ;D ;D ;D, and then storms off without answering any questions.  ;D ;D ;D

Oh, they're making this so easy.

Sean Spicer, you are FAKE NEWS.

Time Magazine falsely reported that Trump removed MLK's bust from the Oval Office.....I don't blame Spicer one bit for being outraged.  That is serious incitement

ONeill

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 21, 2017, 11:51:03 PM
As a president history will be kind to Obama and what greatly helps his legacy is that he was a decent and popular individual unlike the current president. Of course a few of his haters won't ever see or want to believe he did a good job in office and when Trump now does a terrible job which he more than likely will, his followers will look to blame Obama for Trumps woes.

US politics god bless it indeed.

Not disagreeing but can you explain what Obama did to have a fine legacy?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 22, 2017, 12:11:42 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 22, 2017, 12:06:42 AM
President Poodle's press secretary has just held his first press briefing.

He shouted for five minutes, berates a tweet, tries to claim the crowds at Poodle's inauguration were "the biggest ever"  ;D ;D ;D, and then storms off without answering any questions.  ;D ;D ;D

Oh, they're making this so easy.

Sean Spicer, you are FAKE NEWS.

Time Magazine falsely reported that Trump removed MLK's bust from the Oval Office.....I don't blame Spicer one bit for being outraged.  That is serious incitement
I get you.

If you like something, it's not incitement.

If you don't like it, it's incitement.

Er, yeah.

sid waddell

Quote from: Hardy on January 21, 2017, 08:36:23 PM
Is anybody watching this shambolic carry on (you couldn't call it a speech) at Langley. Absolutely jaw-dropping. Apart from the self congratulatory bombast and the peevish point scoring, it makes Jolene Bunting look like Cicero.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2017, 12:15:40 AM
As a president history will be kind to Obama and what greatly helps his legacy is that he was a decent and popular individual unlike the current president. Of course a few of his haters won't ever see or want to believe he did a good job in office and when Trump now does a terrible job which he more than likely will, his followers will look to blame Obama for Trumps woes.

Obama will regret he didn't do alot of things he tried to do that the mainly republican house wouldnt honour his judgement however through it all and said elsewhere he showed no arrogance,had no mistresse and had no impeachment hearings. Just class and grace until the end

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 22, 2017, 01:11:05 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2017, 12:15:40 AM

Obama will regret he didn't do alot of things he tried to do that the mainly republican house wouldnt honour his judgement however through it all and said elsewhere he showed no arrogance,had no mistresse and had no impeachment hearings. Just class and grace until the end

I think he did a bit more than that! Bin Laden & Gaddafi, Cuba, actually giving healthcare access to millions that never had it previously is something to be proud of even if the system is not perfect yet... is any Country's really??

He guided the country out of recession, repealed don't ask don't tell!

He has plenty of blights on there too such as gun violence, the deficit, the American working class, failing to get Garland on the Supreme Court, closing Gitmo but those were heavily influenced by Republican intransigence!

Syria has to be a huge regret but then this President isn't going to bother with other Countries he says so it will be interesting to see how his protectionism is viewed in hindsight.

Throughout all of it he has remained a thoroughly decent man and given what has come after I think there will be fewer we can say that about in the future!!

Seamus

Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2017, 10:22:42 PM
Thought it was a pretty straightforward question, thought you might have a straightforward answer.

As expected you don't have a clue. You would not have ask the question otherwise. Don't feel too bad as 95% of the people are in your boat, that is why the FRB are able to get away with what they are doing. By watching this short 30 minute video you will get help in (at least)  two ways. You will move into the 5% category and gain the knowledge to answer your own question. Sure I could answer your question straight away but you first need to know who The Federal Reserve are and how currency is created.  Otherwise you will not understand my answer and be as uninformed as you are now.

https://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

"One rainy day on January 20th, 2017, an old man approaches the White House
from across Pennsylvania Avenue where he'd been sitting on a park bench.
He speaks to the U.S. Marine standing guard and says,

"I would like to go in and meet with President Obama."

The Marine looks at the man and says,

"Sir, Mr. Obama is no longer president and no longer resides here."

The old man says,

"Okay," and walks away.

The following day the same man approaches the White House and says to the same Marine,

The Marine again tells the man,

"Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama is no longer president and no longer resides here."

The man thanks him and again walks away.

On the third day, the same man approaches the White House and speaks to the very same U.S. Marine, saying,

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looks at the man and says,

"Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I've told you already that Mr. Obama is no longer the president and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?"

The old man looks at the Marine and says,

"Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

The Marine snaps to attention, salutes, and says,

"See you tomorrow, Sir!"
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Imposerous

Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:04:21 AM

The old man says,

"Okay," and walks away.

The following day the same man approaches the White House and says to the same Marine,

"Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama is no longer president and no longer resides here."

On the third day, the same man approaches the White House and speaks to the very same U.S. Marine, saying,

"Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I've told you already that Mr. Obama is no longer the president and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?"

"See you tomorrow, Sir!"

.,, and on the fifth day the old man approached the Marine and told him he was unwell and poor.  And the Marine replied: "Well, get used to that bench you were sitting on 'cos, if you were seeking healthcare, it'll be your home."

whitey

Quote from: Imposerous on January 22, 2017, 02:33:29 AM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:04:21 AM

The old man says,

"Okay," and walks away.

"See you tomorrow, Sir!"

.,, and on the fifth day the old man approached the Marine and told him he was unwell and poor.  And the Marine replied: "Well, get used to that bench you were sitting on 'cos, if you were seeking healthcare, it'll be your home."

If he was old he'd have already been on Medicaid, and would have no need for Obamacare

omochain

Do you know anything... that would be Medicare you are referring to. Medicaid is for low income people.
Another reminder of your factless and inaccurate pronouncements.

whitey

Quote from: omochain on January 22, 2017, 03:04:50 AM
Do you know anything... that would be Medicare you are referring to. Medicaid is for low income people.
Another reminder of your factless and inaccurate pronouncements.

Same difference...

seafoid

Obama is for American wingnuts what Europe is for Tory lunatics. Something to blame.
And now they are both either gone or on the way out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZA6qiJVfU

heganboy

Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 01:59:50 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2017, 10:22:42 PM
Thought it was a pretty straightforward question, thought you might have a straightforward answer.

As expected you don't have a clue. You would not have ask the question otherwise. Don't feel too bad as 95% of the people are in your boat, that is why the FRB are able to get away with what they are doing. By watching this short 30 minute video you will get help in (at least)  two ways. You will move into the 5% category and gain the knowledge to answer your own question. Sure I could answer your question straight away but you first need to know who The Federal Reserve are and how currency is created.  Otherwise you will not understand my answer and be as uninformed as you are now.

https://youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0

Seamus,
That video is an example of what happens when dumb people think they aren't 
That is so far away from fact as to be trumpski-ish.
It isn't really that difficult to find a lot of good information on monetary policy. It is however hard reading and quite complex. That videon is hard watching not complex and not in any way factually correct.
I think assinine covers it
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity