The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2016, 01:09:17 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 28, 2016, 01:06:38 AM
The Democrats are losing their $hit over the result, still unable to understand why they lost.

Instead of dusting themselves off and addressing the reasons they lost, they are doubling down on the rhetoric (which is quite ironic) and doing exactly what they predictd Trump would do if he lost.

Trump is a fvcking idiot and I (probably) wouldnt vote for him in a month of Sundays, but he won fair and square.

Hillary is a liar, a crook and a hypocrite

The main stream media promoted the "clown" candidates on the Republican ticket (at the behest of the DNC) because seemingly Hillary would have had a really hard time beating either Jeb Bush or Kasich.

They are the reason we are dealing with this mess and to me it looks like they are doubling down

Well given that you apparently understand, why don't you lay it out?

You're always on about it, but very unforthcoming with specifics.

And Stein (the person YOU voted for) is the one organizing the recount. NOT the Democrats.

And, in case you haven't been paying attention, Trump is one of the biggest liars and hypocrites ever to run for the office, and by his business practices, a very capable crook too.

It was a "protest" vote for Stein...the other 3 candidates had disqualified themselves in my view, so it was either leave it blank or fill in a name. I dont live in a swing state so my vote doesnt really count

The main reason I didnt "protest" vote for Trump is that in the event he lost the electoral college and won the popular vote, (which was being floated as a real possibility) I didnt want To give him any legitimacy to contest the result.

I dont and never have disputed one word you said about Trump. The problem is everything you said about him can be equally applied to Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2016, 01:15:56 AM
Also whitey, the GOP base overwhelmingly rejected Jeb and Kasich,.

So you're forever condemning the media and the Dems, on the one hand, for "talking down" to the GOP/Trump base. On the other, you're saying that Trump is a creation of the same media and these people were too dumb to see otherwise.

Yes they did.....but its very easy to be overwhelmingly rejected when one of the "pied piper" candidates is given anywhere between $2 and $3.5B in free airtime.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/upshot/measuring-donald-trumps-mammoth-advantage-in-free-media.html?_r=0

I never recall saying the media talked down to them....I said that the Democratic Party talked down to them by pushing an uber liberal progressive agenda and that if anyone stepped out of line they were branded a rascist, islamophobe, misogynist.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 28, 2016, 01:12:19 AM
The Democrats are losing their $hit over the result, still unable to understand why they lost.

Instead of dusting themselves off and addressing the reasons they lost, they are doubling down on the rhetoric (which is quite ironic) and doing exactly what they predictd Trump would do if he lost.

Sound like you're advocating for them to rig the primary in 2020...

Im advocating for them to focus on what is important to their constituents....not what is important to the elite of the Democratic Party

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 28, 2016, 01:25:17 AM

Trump is a fvcking idiot and I (probably) wouldnt vote for him in a month of Sundays, but he won fair and square.

The main stream media promoted the "clown" candidates on the Republican ticket (at the behest of the DNC) because seemingly Hillary would have had a really hard time beating either Jeb Bush or Kasich.

They are the reason we are dealing with this mess and to me it looks like they are doubling down

And Stein (the person YOU voted for) is the one organizing the recount. NOT the Democrats.

And, in case you haven't been paying attention, Trump is one of the biggest liars and hypocrites ever to run for the office, and by his business practices, a very capable crook too.

It was a "protest" vote for Stein...the other 3 candidates had disqualified themselves in my view, so it was either leave it blank or fill in a name. I dont live in a swing state so my vote doesnt really count

The main reason I didnt "protest" vote for Trump is that in the event he lost the electoral college and won the popular vote, (which was being floated as a real possibility) I didnt want To give him any legitimacy to contest the result.

I dont and never have disputed one word you said about Trump. The problem is everything you said about him can be equally applied to Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton

And I've never disputed that. I've said all along that Hillary was a horrible candidate, and in the aftermath, that I'd no personal sympathy for her and that her loss was self-inflicted.

But the issue I'm interested in is your position that the Democrats are digging themselves into a whole from which they will not climb out of for years.

whitey

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 28, 2016, 01:38:52 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2016, 01:15:56 AM
Also whitey, the GOP base overwhelmingly rejected Jeb and Kasich,.

So you're forever condemning the media and the Dems, on the one hand, for "talking down" to the GOP/Trump base. On the other, you're saying that Trump is a creation of the same media and these people were too dumb to see otherwise.

Yes they did.....but its very easy to be overwhelmingly rejected when one of the "pied piper" candidates is given anywhere between $2 and $3.5B in free airtime.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/upshot/measuring-donald-trumps-mammoth-advantage-in-free-media.html?_r=0

I never recall saying the media talked down to them....I said that the Democratic Party talked down to them by pushing an uber liberal progressive agenda and that if anyone stepped out of line they were branded a rascist, islamophobe, misogynist.

The Republicans talk down plenty too. They lie and distort and misrepresent. They falsely accuse, exagerrate and demonize. They fretted after 2012 that their actions in these areas were unsustainable and that they had become the "stupid party". That they doubled down on that stuff this time around and won (due to their electoral college and the weighting of rural state votes, as well as Hillary's issues) doesn't change what they then recognized to be true.

I was disgusted by CNN and other network's pursuit of ratings with Trump, but if that hadn't covered him, we'd be hearing all about how this demogogue, drawing these massive crowds, was being ignored and marginalized and repressed by the media.

whitey

Maybe they do, but they dont alienate their base in the process.

Democrats have a huge advantage when it comes to the electoral college.....it just shows what an absolute disaster Hillary was that they couldnt pull out a win

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/02/republicans-have-a-massive-electoral-map-problem-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-donald-trump/

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 28, 2016, 02:19:20 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/21/democrats-answer-is-always-the-same-move-more-left.html

Whether you agree with it or not....I would agree with a lot of the points in this article

I do agree with a lot of what he says. I'm not of the Bernie wing myself.

I would ask you, however, what the GOP offers the working class. Sure, sections of it are seduced by the scare mongering when it comes to the second amendment, as well as immigration and religious issues.

But how is the party which hate unions, which wants to gut the social safety net and is in full favor of free trade and corporatism, as well as leaving everyone to swim on their own when it comes to healthcare, going to help the average working class man?

heganboy

Quote from: stew on November 27, 2016, 06:37:03 PM

Sorry Hegan, I loathe with all my heart the party you support, I have no gra for illegal aliens and it is my fervent wish Trump takes this personally and goes after Clinton, she really, really needs to have a long sit behind cold steel!

Stew,
not a democrat, as I do live here, I quite simply i was hopeful that the best viable candidate for the job would win. The guy who looks like he won the electoral college is so far out of his depth, and unfit for the role as to be scary. The judgement and discipline required to run any country well, let alone the USA, is so far beyond the capability of that mentally ill dimwit that he is already spectacularly publicly demeaning the office, and by extension, the country.

By no means was Clinton an ideal candidate, nor would she have implemented change in any meaningful way for the country, but sometimes the best thing for a badly injured patient is stability. Treatment can begin when the patient/ country is ready. You think this country is ready for change right now?

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

rrhf

Rem trumps threat to Hilary over Gun law.

stew

Quote from: heganboy on November 28, 2016, 03:46:06 AM
Quote from: stew on November 27, 2016, 06:37:03 PM

Sorry Hegan, I loathe with all my heart the party you support, I have no gra for illegal aliens and it is my fervent wish Trump takes this personally and goes after Clinton, she really, really needs to have a long sit behind cold steel!

Stew,
not a democrat, as I do live here, I quite simply i was hopeful that the best viable candidate for the job would win. The guy who looks like he won the electoral college is so far out of his depth, and unfit for the role as to be scary. The judgement and discipline required to run any country well, let alone the USA, is so far beyond the capability of that mentally ill dimwit that he is already spectacularly publicly demeaning the office, and by extension, the country.

By no means was Clinton an ideal candidate, nor would she have implemented change in any meaningful way for the country, but sometimes the best thing for a badly injured patient is stability. Treatment can begin when the patient/ country is ready. You think this country is ready for change right now?

Obviously it is, the people had an opportunity to go with the establishment/corrupt liberal and went with the maverick!

The office was demeaned the second Bill was caught shoving that stogie up yer womans hooha! The office has not been what it was since then and has ben defiled many times by Nixon and Kennedy to name but two.

Were is the proof Trump is mentally ill? A bit presumptuous are we not?

If ever a country needed change it is the USA, they need to stop the influx of illegal aliens, for me anyone in the country the day and hour he is sworn in should be allowed to apply for a green card, as long as they are decent citizens prepared to work and pay taxes they should get to stay, not one other soul should get in unless they have a right to be there.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

So Hillary can legitimately contest the result then?! Good!!

To be fair to Hillary she's done Trump on this recount thing. She's not contesting the legitimacy of the result and hasn't made a statement to that effect but as an interested party she's sending a representative.

Trump decides that instead of saying nothing and let things run their course he will double down and say Virginia/California and NH were subject to voter fraud thus giving more legitimacy to a recount! He might be a good campaigner but I think he has a lot to learn as a political operative!!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on November 28, 2016, 09:56:19 AM

To be fair to Hillary she's done Trump on this recount thing. She's not contesting the legitimacy of the result and hasn't made a statement to that effect but as an interested party she's sending a representative.

Trump decides that instead of saying nothing and let things run their course he will double down and say Virginia/California and NH were subject to voter fraud thus giving more legitimacy to a recount! He might be a good campaigner but I think he has a lot to learn as a political operative!!

She will never be President, she accepted defeat and prior to the election she went on record as saying a candidate needs to accept the will of the people, Hypocrite!

She will get a bullet if she gets this result turned over, so will many ordinary people, I hate to think what would happen if the kn**ker gets this result changed!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 28, 2016, 12:21:01 PM

She will never be President, she accepted defeat and prior to the election she went on record as saying a candidate needs to accept the will of the people, Hypocrite!

She will get a bullet if she gets this result turned over, so will many ordinary people, I hate to think what would happen if the kn**ker gets this result changed!

Whitey will be outraged at that sort of talk.

Then again.......
MWWSI 2017

whitey

A protest vote for him would have legitimized his candidacy not an attempt by him to overthrow an election result had he lost