The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 11:29:07 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 10:45:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 08:10:18 PM
Dems didnt listen to their constituents, youre not listening to them, the DNC didnt listen to them, J70 isnt listening to them......if Trump does well, these people may be permanently lost to the Democratic Party

What am I not listening to?

The whole point of this subject is WHAT exactly IS their problem or complaint?

I already laid out what their grievances were, but you decided to go off on another tangent.....

And they were the most part bullshit, which is why I went off on the tangent of whether we should listen to illegitimate grievances.

Just because a demagogue was able to exploit them to an election win doesn't lend them credence.

The Irish American guy in the Eire pub said:

"Do you know why he'll win?". "Because people are tired of being talked down to."

http://www.independent.ie/life/echoes-of-the-rust-belt-on-irish-riviera-35207534.html

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 11:39:39 PM
Dems didnt listen to their constituents, youre not listening to them, the DNC didnt listen to them, J70 isnt listening to them......if Trump does well, these people may be permanently lost to the Democratic Party

I already laid out what their grievances were, but you decided to go off on another tangent.....

And they were the most part bullshit, which is why I went off on the tangent of whether we should listen to illegitimate grievances.

Just because a demagogue was able to exploit them to an election win doesn't lend them credence.

"Do you know why he'll win?". "Because people are tired of being talked down to."

http://www.independent.ie/life/echoes-of-the-rust-belt-on-irish-riviera-35207534.html
Trump of course wasn't talking down to ethnic minorities, women, disabled people or anybody else.  ;D

seafoid

People are tired of being shafted. They are tired of plamas.
So they voted for more plamas. And more shafting.

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 13, 2016, 10:46:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

Fox now will have to defend GOP Policy and a lot of system problems can't take any more procrastination. Fox will have to be largely fact based which will be a challenge.
That is extremely wishful thinking.

It's not as if they were fact-based during the Bush presidency and the likes of Breitbart and the alt-right nutters weren't around then.
the alt right drove a tank in a general's rank when the Blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank
I know the Daily Mail is doing its best but the Financial system is collapsing and it's very hard to maintain bullshit indefinitely when the data are so shit and people are living it.
the GOP is unlikely to come out of this in one shape.   
Because it is like the Tories. It doesn't fix problems.

The UK has a deficit of 6% of GDP. The US has a healthcare sector that is almost one fifth of the economy. The Tories want to leave Europe and f**k the deficit
The GOP want more rent out of healthcare

It's the hara kiri stage of the Thatcher business cycle
On the contrary, the bullshit-o-meter should be off the chart now that Trump has been elected.

Continued Republican victories will depend on it.

J70

So questioning their complaints is talking down to them?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 11:46:58 PM

Accusing them of being sexist, rascist homophobic or Islamophibic without any justification is!

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 11:44:10 PM

Not so much draining the swamp as removing a load of earth with dry sheep droppings all over the top, and replacing it with a dump truck's worth of raw sewage in the shape of Gingrich, Giuliani, Bolton, Mnuchin, Bannon, Preibus and who knows, maybe Pamela Geller and Sheriff Arpaio.

And then rowing back into it and sinking.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 11:49:55 PM

Accusing them of being sexist, rascist homophobic or Islamophibic without any justification is!

So we are going around in circles!

Nothing you've posted has justified supporting Trump on that basis.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on November 13, 2016, 11:51:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 11:44:10 PM

Not so much draining the swamp as removing a load of earth with dry sheep droppings all over the top, and replacing it with a dump truck's worth of raw sewage in the shape of Gingrich, Giuliani, Bolton, Mnuchin, Bannon, Preibus and who knows, maybe Pamela Geller and Sheriff Arpaio.

And then rowing back into it and sinking.

The complaint out in flyover land is payrises. But unfortunately the only thing on the menu is lies. Never trust a junkie.

The Jewish angle is very interesting. Liberal Jews are terrified. Nazi Jews like Geller are radiant.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on November 13, 2016, 11:45:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 13, 2016, 10:46:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

Fox now will have to defend GOP Policy and a lot of system problems can't take any more procrastination. Fox will have to be largely fact based which will be a challenge.
That is extremely wishful thinking.

It's not as if they were fact-based during the Bush presidency and the likes of Breitbart and the alt-right nutters weren't around then.
the alt right drove a tank in a general's rank when the Blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank
I know the Daily Mail is doing its best but the Financial system is collapsing and it's very hard to maintain bullshit indefinitely when the data are so shit and people are living it.
the GOP is unlikely to come out of this in one shape.   
Because it is like the Tories. It doesn't fix problems.

The UK has a deficit of 6% of GDP. The US has a healthcare sector that is almost one fifth of the economy. The Tories want to leave Europe and f**k the deficit
The GOP want more rent out of healthcare

It's the hara kiri stage of the Thatcher business cycle
On the contrary, the bullshit-o-meter should be off the chart now that Trump has been elected.

Continued Republican victories will depend on it.
The people voted for Kochsuckers and more money for Wall St
This is not what it said on the tin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vST61W4bGm8

They will not fix the economy.
So it will collapse

The GOP won't be winning any more elections for some time

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 14, 2016, 12:00:57 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-donald-trump-voters-20161113-story.html

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 14, 2016, 12:40:50 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 14, 2016, 12:00:57 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-donald-trump-voters-20161113-story.html

Stew would lambast these people telling to grow a set.

Here is the problem, Trump is clearly a misogynist, seems to live well down the racist road and the word islamophobe also appears to follow him round. That's fine.

So the question is, if you vote for such a person, is it fair to say those are your views as well? Serious question btw. Sometimes a vote is just a vote for the least worst option.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

All I can say (IMHO) is that the Dems have started catering to the opinions/values of the elite of the party and are intolerant of any dissenting opinions....people are fed up having their vote taken for granted and being told to sit down and shut up.

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2016, 12:14:52 AM

The Jewish angle is very interesting. Liberal Jews are terrified. Nazi Jews like Geller are radiant.

Journalist Peter Beinart's Twitter page is highly instructive.

https://twitter.com/PeterBeinart?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

From today's article by Gene Kerrigan:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/gene-kerrigan-sexist-trumps-sickly-land-of-grope-n-glory-35210752.html

On the street, we already know how that's going. On the night of the count, as it became clear that Trump would win, a prominent American journalist named Peter Beinart tweeted his solidarity with American Muslims, in the best liberal Jewish tradition.

His timeline filled with anti-Semitism. "Kike". "Get out of our country, parasite."

Twitter insults are common, but these came complete with the Nazi signifiers - the "Juden" remarks, the reference to "Zyklon B", used by the Nazis in the gas chambers. "In the ovens you go."

omochain

Quote from: whitey on November 14, 2016, 01:03:51 AM
All I can say (IMHO) is that the Dems have started catering to the opinions/values of the elite of the party and are intolerant of any dissenting opinions....people are fed up having their vote taken for granted and being told to sit down and shut up.

Do Trumps cabinet appointments respresent your opinions .. Whitey?